Gransnet forums

Chat

My hair is migrating!

(86 Posts)
Bluebellwould Sat 02-Jan-21 16:17:14

My under arm hair has gone walk about, only to appear on my chin. My down below hair ? is now coming out my nose instead of where it should be. The hair on top of my head is thinning but it’s now luxuriating on my top lip. The hair on my legs is still there but has spread to top of my toes. Goodness only knows what I’m turning into, half bald yeti comes to mind.
Anyone else have similar problems?

LucyLocket55 Sun 03-Jan-21 13:25:02

Have embraced eyebrow dyeing as one eyebrow is much greyer than the other.

Tweezers forever at the ready for the ever sprouting ‘bristles’ on my chin and lips.

Use my husbands nose trimmer for my nostrils and as for ‘down there’, if the hair gets much longer I’ll take the scissors to it.

Not much to speak of under arms and legs shaved twice a week at the same time as I wash my hair

ss1024 Sun 03-Jan-21 13:46:32

I did laser hair removal for lip, chin, underarm and legs -- it really works and I feel well worth the investment.

ss1024 Sun 03-Jan-21 13:49:08

Oh and bikini line too!

JanetG Sun 03-Jan-21 13:53:24

Chemo did for most of my hair, except a couple of resilient chin hairs which annoyingly hung on! I now have thick short grey curls which dh, when asked if I had a new wig, said ‘who’d buy a wig like that’!

Redhead56 Sun 03-Jan-21 13:53:55

I am 64 and exactly at that stage if you didn't laugh you would cry!

Redhead56 Sun 03-Jan-21 13:54:58

Such a funny thread!

GrandmaCornwall Sun 03-Jan-21 14:16:08

Thank you ladies for the funny posts, it is comforting to know I am not alone in this hair/less saga.
Reading this today has been a great tonic?

icanhandthemback Sun 03-Jan-21 14:32:10

Dennis Healey has exported his eyebrows straight to my brow. I've always had hobbit feet and tarantula legs. My stomach has always been like a gorilla's but my ankles are now as smooth as a newborn baby's bum...it highlights my bulging veins, which you could run trains on, nicely!

Kjo57 Sun 03-Jan-21 14:32:28

Yes. And thanks for the smile. ?

Marg75 Sun 03-Jan-21 14:33:31

What a fantastic post, it made me laugh so much! Its so great to hear others saying about what I'm experiencing, the hair of my legs have disappeared, also under my arms, only to appear on my upper lip & chin. I think if I had to go into hospital, I would come out with a moustache and beard. As for ......down below, its taken on a life of its own and is like an overgrown lawn. The only thing that is unchanged is the hair on my head.

sharon103 Sun 03-Jan-21 14:42:19

Oh dear lol, this is sooo funny! I'm in stitches here.
Thanks for the laughs. I can relate to some of them.

Gwenisgreat1 Sun 03-Jan-21 15:49:00

My legs, Arms and Oxters - completely bald. My face, eyebrows, bald except for one lonely thick hair on my upper lip which I cut when it tickles my face!
Thankfully I do have a full head of hair, though very fine and flyaway!

Jaxie Sun 03-Jan-21 15:49:33

Like Coco51 I’m on steroids & immunosuppressants and my head hair has shed so much I can see pink scalp. It’s very depressing. Anyone any tips on hair thickening products - Or should I resign myself to looking like a man in drag?

Daftbag1 Sun 03-Jan-21 18:53:38

Me too, and what's worse, my eyesight is failing, I can feel the hairs but not see them so I can pull them out

Blossoming Sun 03-Jan-21 19:07:52

I have decided to follow the lead of the late great fashion icon Mary Quant and have my husband prune my lady garden into a heart shape grin

Rumbabba Sun 03-Jan-21 19:23:41

That is hilarious, but so appropriate!?

Hetty58 Sun 03-Jan-21 19:31:37

Bluebellwould, Oh, the wondrous delights of the menopause!

My OH, at the time, remarked upon the contents of the bathroom cupboard:

'All your stuff in there is about hair. Either it's hair enhancing - or hair destroying!'

I said 'You're just jealous!' - he was bald.

Nanna58 Sun 03-Jan-21 21:16:31

I am suffering too! Have ordered one of those battery operated hair removers- I’m going down fighting!

Milliedog Sun 03-Jan-21 21:22:22

Jamie- I read somewhere that Turmeric and Black Pepper capsules help with hair growth. I didn't realise that they come in different strengths so my first and current ones are mild. However, after about 8 weeks I think my hair has thickened up. They are quite expensive but my widows peak was becoming noticeable and I decided the capsules were worth a try.

Milliedog Sun 03-Jan-21 21:23:01

Meant *Jaxie..

Hetty58 Sun 03-Jan-21 21:27:30

Nanna58, do heed my warning about a 'multiple tweezer' type of facial exfoliator. I thought that I simply must get rid of the emerging 'peach fuzz' fine hair on my cheeks.

Where did I go wrong? The skin must be stretched tight. I didn't do that. It grabbed my loose skin and attached itself! I managed to release it - eventually - but there was a red mark, like a love bite, left behind!

Very funny now, somewhat alarming at the time.

Tillygumbo Sun 03-Jan-21 22:29:27

I needed a laugh and I’m so glad it’s not just me?

honeyrose Sun 03-Jan-21 22:33:21

I find that my hair has moved about a bit. Still got a very hairy head (thank goodness!) but now grey. Underarms less hairy, legs about the same as they were before (and I don’t shave them in the winter as it helps to keep me warmer), downstairs a bit sparser. Hair on chin and upper lip is growing again, unfortunately. I was having electrolysis on chin and upper lip until last March when we were locked down, but now use a razor (I know I shouldn’t, but I do!). My granddaughters are 3 and I do not want them to point out that I have a beard and moustache (although it’s not quite that bad) so the lady’s shave is being pressed into service. I also have hairy big toes and a nurse told me it was a sign of good circulation.

Jillybird Mon 04-Jan-21 00:53:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DillytheGardener Mon 04-Jan-21 01:19:02

I had my bikini and lower (toilet brush) legs lasered and I use hot wax for top lip and nostrils. I have some very wiry hair chin hairs that I never seem to notice until I’m looking in my car rear mirror.