Gransnet forums

Chat

My hair is migrating!

(86 Posts)
Bluebellwould Sat 02-Jan-21 16:17:14

My under arm hair has gone walk about, only to appear on my chin. My down below hair ? is now coming out my nose instead of where it should be. The hair on top of my head is thinning but it’s now luxuriating on my top lip. The hair on my legs is still there but has spread to top of my toes. Goodness only knows what I’m turning into, half bald yeti comes to mind.
Anyone else have similar problems?

Quilty Mon 04-Jan-21 08:47:24

Bluebellwould on a cold winter morning I read your post and had a real good laugh out loud. Thank you.
By the way I sympathise on every count.

Esspee Mon 04-Jan-21 09:05:08

OH changed barber a few years ago. The new one, a Turkish barber, includes nasal hair waxing and eyebrow trimming as part of his service. I have to say he looks much younger as a result.

Susiewakie Mon 04-Jan-21 09:26:43

Bluebellwould you've cheered me up sick of trying to keep up with sprouting chin and top lip hair ! Have next to nothing now downstairs or underarm .Legs is finer but hairy toes have appeared glad I'm not alone

barbaranrod Mon 04-Jan-21 09:49:49

oh girls what a great way to start my day ,here was me thinking it was only me that had whiskers so i feel quite a lot better to know a lot of others have the same problems ,ha ha ,it is not a lot of fun this getting older lark ,is it ? ,BUT i still like to think i can still use a veet strip ,every week or so ,,thank you ladies for making me feel a darn sight better today ,,love all your posts x

Lilyflower Mon 04-Jan-21 11:26:24

I have such stiff white wires growing on my chin that small children sit on my knee and demand presents.

Badgranma Tue 05-Jan-21 00:17:23

Mole hairs grow soooo fast on my face. Like desperate Dan. One minute your fine, next minute it’s like a long pin sticking out of your face. I have 4 big moles and they all do the same. Some white bristles, some black. I’ve told my daughters that I don’t want anything from them when I am ancient, just the promise they will pluck my face. I don’t want to scare the horses or my great grandchildren.

Badgranma Tue 05-Jan-21 00:19:34

Btw my GP told me years ago it was fine to pluck moles. Hope he was right. I hate them.

Dico63 Wed 06-Jan-21 18:41:15

Yes me too oh the joys of getting old smile

rac47 Fri 08-Jan-21 16:02:40

Coco51
I have - but then I am on steroids and immunosuppressant medication!
==============
Thats true. I am on metformin and that definitely causes the hair to fall!

icanhandthemback Fri 08-Jan-21 21:03:01

rac47, I wonder if that is what my problem is, I am on the highest dose of metformin now. I've been taking a Hair, Nails and Skin supplement but haven't noticed a big difference in any of them. I saw a notice about a research project on hair loss treatment and I have signed up for it.

I absolutely hate that my hair is thin so you can see my scalp which looks as if it is in better shape than my veiny face!