Gransnet forums

Chat

How long is a reasonable time to....

(97 Posts)
BigBertha1 Thu 07-Jan-21 11:16:53

How long is a reasonable time (under current lockdown conditions) to consume a whole bag of Cadbury Buttons (the £1 size). Asking for a friend who was highjacked by a display of the same at the till when she went to buy bread?

Oopsadaisy1 Thu 07-Jan-21 13:23:53

Hee heee, just remembered that Father Christmas ‘forgot ‘ to give out 2 boxes of Maltesers!!

Sorry , one box .............

FYI one box can last as long as 30 minutes.

Gosh I need to lose weight , but I eat practically nothing, I tell you, it’s baffling.

janeymooli Thu 07-Jan-21 13:34:36

A year or so for me....don't eat chocolate!!! But twiglets or stilton - gone in no time at all!!!!
A little of what you fancy and all that - no guilt but not every day!
Enjoy!

Parsley3 Thu 07-Jan-21 13:50:13

As your friend will know, once the bag is open the use by date no longer applies so the contents must be consumed within the hour. Cadbury Buttons go off very quickly (or so I tell myself).

Marmight Thu 07-Jan-21 14:00:26

Not long. I would have bought more than one pack, probably would have rounded it off at a fiver’s worth?? Worth every penny although my preferred chocolate inhalation product is a large box of Maltesers

Spinnaker Thu 07-Jan-21 14:58:40

Under the guise of eating healthily I buy the sharing (that's a laugh) bag of Bournville buttons as apparently dark chocolate is good for you grin

lemongrove Thu 07-Jan-21 15:18:32

About as long as it took Lord Lemongrove to dispose of his box of chocolate Brazils I would say??

Greenfinch Thu 07-Jan-21 16:14:13

It's peanuts for me !

nadateturbe Thu 07-Jan-21 16:35:43

Prediabetic so I let one or two of the dark chocolate ones melt in my mouth. Oh to be able to consume a whole packet in one go.

sodapop Thu 07-Jan-21 17:22:00

Two days - eek I wouldn't last two minutes. Can you really get dark choc buttons Spinnaker

kathsue Thu 07-Jan-21 17:28:15

DGS used to eat the whole packet on his way back from the local shop.
Since he gave up chocolate he has lost 2 stones. smile

storynanny Thu 07-Jan-21 18:06:57

I’ve eaten a sharing bag of mini eggs before even leaving a carpark before now!

Spinnaker Thu 07-Jan-21 18:21:06

You certainly can sodapop - Bournville are doing them in a big deep red bag, usually on offer in Morrisons for £1 smile

Jimjam1 Thu 07-Jan-21 19:57:31

My nightcap is giant chocolate buttons dipped into a mug of hot chocolate. Now I know why I can’t sleep at night?

nadateturbe Thu 07-Jan-21 20:01:57

Cadburus do milk chocolate 40% cocoa. Not dark really. Didn't know about Bournville.

sodapop Thu 07-Jan-21 20:02:03

Have to get my daughter to send me some Spinnaker sound delicious.

Grandma11 Thu 07-Jan-21 23:08:03

My DH is a severe Chocoholic! Most days since Christmas, he has consumed three family sized packs of his favourite Chocolates, a mix of Smarties, Maltesers, and Matchsticks Mint variety! He has also eaten two 1.5kg packs of Scottish Shortbread, and tonight was asking me to add some bags of assorted Mints onto our next shopping delivery! He has always had a naturally 'Sweet Tooth' , yet still manages to stay within the recommended BMI range for his height! His other love is Fish and Chips, although due to lockdown, his trips to the Takeaway have been suspended, and he's having to make do with the home cooked variety or None at All!

Callistemon Fri 08-Jan-21 00:04:26

They are more’ish but make me thirsty so then I have a G&T.
grin

Will DH notice if I finish off the box of Bendicks mints?

Cadburys do milk chocolate 40% cocoa. Not dark really
Cadbury's Darkmilk? Yes, I wish in a way I hadn't discovered that.

Hejira Fri 08-Jan-21 00:15:06

From ISIHAC and the Uxbridge Dictionary:

Aerospace: Room for more chocolate

V3ra Fri 08-Jan-21 00:40:03

You've just reminded me there is a bag of tree chocolates upstairs which I "forgot" to hang on the tree... ?

nicpic Fri 08-Jan-21 01:34:27

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Nicegranny Fri 08-Jan-21 01:55:54

Santana

I would say 30 mins, which is totally reasonable for me!
This is why I have given up the sugar, as I'm not able to have one chocolate button without eating the rest.

30 minutes!

Lightweight......?

A friend once told me that “by the second chocolate she would feel a little sick”. I told her that that only happens to me when
“l reach the second layer !”

Jane10 Fri 08-Jan-21 07:03:44

Essay writing advert reported.

kittylester Fri 08-Jan-21 07:37:59

The trick is to keep them in the fridge. This makes them nice and crisp and having to walk to the fridge to grab a handful is enough exercise to obviate the extra calories.

BigBertha1 Fri 08-Jan-21 09:55:37

I believe my friend keeps them in the 'secret' drawer in her freezer and does make a few trips to get there during the day.

However, I discovered that although she has promised to keep the unopened box of Hotel Chocolat (the alcoholic ones) to eat with her daughter once restrictions are over she was seen fondling the box and talking about ordering another one just in time for the proposed visit which lets face it could be weeks or even Easter in which case its Egg time. What would you say to her by way of advice - she is clearly heading for trouble.

NotTooOld Fri 08-Jan-21 11:17:10

Love this thread but I don't know how big the £1 bag of buttons is. My dh orders one that costs about £2 and we eat that over three days with a cup of tea in the afternoon but only cos I seal it up after we've had a carefully counted 15 buttons each.