Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(93 Posts)
12Michael Fri 08-Jan-21 06:14:25

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , but its icy and freezing outside here in brackley this morning , must have been one of coldest nights locally .
Today, usual shop ,and maybe get a fish & chip takeaway for lunch as its not to far.
Otherwise stay in .
Take Care, Mick

Blossoming Fri 08-Jan-21 11:44:22

Good morning all. Damp and dull here at the moment, though there are snow and ice warnings in place for later today. Catching up on some laundry, then a bowl of porridge and some fruit is in order for lunch.

NannyJan53 Fri 08-Jan-21 11:54:05

Good Morning from a dull and snowy Black Country.

I remember that Winter Gwenisgreat1, my DD was born 18th December that year. It was ages before I could take her out in the pram.

Feeling a bit 'battle fatigued* now, but I know I can count my blessings as I am well, as is my family.

Late this morning, just finished housework, and it is now almost time for lunch!

Had a cold walk yesterday to the park, even the lake was frozen over, and the ducks and geese were slipping and sliding.

Great news about your DS NanKate, what a relief!

Wishing you all a good day, with special thoughts to Marydoll and anyone who is unwell or feeling down.

NannyJan53 Fri 08-Jan-21 11:55:41

Forgot to say, welcome to JanetG to this special thread.

Urmstongran Fri 08-Jan-21 13:20:11

Quite right GrandmaOwl15 we do like to know the value of your house JanetG! (a little joke only a lá The Daily Mail articles where a reported story often adds that (irrelevant) snippet of information) so come on don’t be shy!

Sit beside me Grandmabatty I’m doing nowt all day. I’ll budge up and we can chat away - without feeling the least bit guilty! Small pleasures, big rewards.
#lazygran

Megs36 Fri 08-Jan-21 13:29:02

Morning/Afternoon all , just had text with appointments for vaccination for both of us. Feel relieved and hopeful.
All the best everyone.

Urmstongran Fri 08-Jan-21 13:40:28

Me again.

Just to extend a very warm welcome to all the other newbies on here - readalot (love the name!) Mollygo Blossoming and ... oh bugger. There’s a fourth one, just up from *readalot ... why on earth won’t my memory hold onto 4 names as a start to type!

GrandmaFrench you have such a lovely way with words Have a safe, warm day all of you. Let’s banish the wobbles - we’ll do this rotten stuff together. x. Big hugs was inspiring.

I can’t be the only one (can I?) who didn’t know what a Black Redstart was? I Googled it for me & will share here to save any others of less intelligence the bother. Oh - just me then haha!

Finally, then I’ll shut up - EV you are so right. This IS just like a family here. We post, we care. We share our anxieties and our joys. Till tomorrow morning peeps. x

Urmstongran Fri 08-Jan-21 13:44:03

.... creeps back in to say ‘hi’ to Nannagarra ?. ... I’ll close the door quietly on my way out.

Gillyanne Fri 08-Jan-21 13:46:02

Good afternoon to all you lovely people , its a very cold and overcast day here in North Cambs . We had a lovely walk along the farm droves this morning and crossed paths with three red dear who were strolling out across the fields , such a lovely sight, then we were treated to the wonderful sight of flights of swans on their way over to Welney to be fed , nature really does have a way of lifting your spirits at the saddest of times .

grandtanteJE65 Fri 08-Jan-21 13:50:19

Here it doesn't know whether to thaw or snow, so it tried doing both at once while I was cycling 3½ km to the shops and home again.

The garden looked lovely on Wednesday, but now it is mainly slush. Next-door's children have built a snowman with a bird's head and a dog.

Viridian Fri 08-Jan-21 13:50:45

Thank you for kind snail comments. Don't want to scare anyone but it's not small - it's the size of my hand. shock Will PM you in a moment PollyDolly. I'll send you a box of fruit Marydoll if my trees bear fruit before yours. wink

Nannagarra Fri 08-Jan-21 14:21:08

Thanks, Urms - I’m waving but can’t do emoji!

LauraNorder Fri 08-Jan-21 14:34:39

Nearly 2.30pm, sorry I’m so late folks from dry dull Anglesey. Sorry Pant, no snow to send, a rare occurrence on this island.
Warm welcome JanetG, we’re all here to keep you company while you wait for your treatment, and during and after too.
Gagagran how sad about your neighbour, especially so as his widow is ill herself.
Shout out to travelsafar hope you’re both recovering.
Good luck to Susan56 and good wishes to all who are feeling wobbly or unwell.
I love the snow dog grandtante it’s so full of character.
Thank you for the sunshine Grandmafrench, the ABBA song ? thank you for the music ? came in to my head as I wrote that, very cheering.
Marydoll, hope the heating is back on, you must keep warm and rested. I do enjoy your tales, although I’m not sure ‘enjoy’ is the right word when they’re generally based on your suffering but you have such a wonderful way with words and are very witty, I’m afraid I do laugh.
Last but by no means least I wish only good things to all.

Borrheid55 Fri 08-Jan-21 14:38:59

Gwenisgreat I remember that winter. I lived in Paisley on the side of a brae. I was 4 months pregnant with DS and DD was 14 months old. I was stranded in the house as I couldn’t risk pushing a buggy through the snow which became like concrete with continual -15C nighttime temperatures. My (then) husband worked in M&S in town centre and brought back bags of shopping every evening . The staff got it for literally pennies as no one was shopping. Ironically, our freezer kept us going. We moved to Pimlico London 3 months later. I still say that winter put me off snow for life!
Glad Marydoll is behaving. Who knew lifting the shopping could put you in Coronary Care?
Have a good day all stay safe!

Pantglas2 Fri 08-Jan-21 14:47:25

Gosh LauraNorder I was bout to send a search party out - looking for you, the island and the snow!

Welcome to all the Newbies (too numerous for my fingertips and brain to coordinate ) and lovely to see Miss Marydoll almost back up to speed (must admit a young French medic could get my engine racing...brrrm brrrm?)

All the best for the orspital Susan56 and hope Dragonfly and GrannySomerset get their medical stuff sorted - it’s a full time job sorting it all out isn’t it!

I know cos DH is taking full advantage of the first part of the ‘sickness and in health’ vows we made all those years ago?

Take care everyone x

Grandmabatty Fri 08-Jan-21 14:55:05

Urmston I've put the kettle on for another cuppa. Chamber pot do you? I've managed to stir myself enough to put washings on,hoover the living room and empty and load the dishwasher. Back to lounging.

Urmstongran Fri 08-Jan-21 16:07:43

I watched Himself clean the oven ...
?

LauraNorder Fri 08-Jan-21 16:14:43

Urms we share that hobby. All that rubbing is good for their physical health and the satisfaction after, for their mental health.
Oh the things we do for love.
Good to know you’d dig me out Pant.
Sorry to hear you’re having to hold to the in sickness and in health vow. Can’t remember whether I said obey. Did you?