Gransnet forums

Chat

Celebratory Cards for all occasions

(30 Posts)
NanKate Mon 11-Jan-21 07:57:05

My two grandsons have birthdays next month one will be 8 and the other 10. I realised that I wouldn’t be able to get them birthday cards so I have ordered personalised ones online which are not much more in money than ones bought in a shop.

I got a Harry Potter one for the 10 year old wishing him a magical birthday from one company and then the Ninjago one from another company for the 8 year old showing some of his favourite characters. They will be sent to me for us to add our own message.

Here’s a little quiz for you as I am not supposed to advertise the card company. The HP card was called - First word celestial object, second word he lives in a sty. ?

mokryna Tue 12-Jan-21 00:23:09

I always use moonpig for my English family and friends. Their Australia branch was excellent when DD lived there. Others are just as good for choice but as they prefer PayPal payment, which I find problematic, I don’t use them.

Pittcity Thu 14-Jan-21 15:32:18

I have to praise Moonpig customer service. I ordered cards which still haven't arrived after 10 days. I know it is because our Royal Mail sorting office is extremely short staffed and ordinary post isn't being delivered.
I contacted Moonpig via their website and received a reply almost immediately. They have refunded my money and sent out a duplicate set of cards in case they are lost in transit.
Couldn't ask for more really.

cornishpatsy Thu 14-Jan-21 15:46:22

As I have nothing better to do I will go on Moonpig and order all my cards for the year to be sent directly to the recipients.

ninathenana Thu 14-Jan-21 16:52:56

Another recommendation for Moonpig. Received son's 30th birthday card yesterday, it's perfect.
I will say though that a lot of their cards require you to upload photos. If you want to see only designs without photos there is a box to click.