Gransnet forums

Chat

What are you doing today?

(71 Posts)
Berylsgranny Mon 11-Jan-21 11:22:54

I was out at a B & M store this morning at 8 to collect a few craft materials for DGC to occupy themselves with. I've since had a tea and biscuit and looked for more Art and Craft materials online. DH has been up the attic and found a lot that we will def never use again and now sitting in garage where they will sit until we can dispose permanently of everything. It's only 11.20. I intend to make a nice curry in the slow cooker after lunch. I'm sure there must be more exciting things to do!

MissAdventure Sat 16-Jan-21 12:03:31

I'm still in bed! smile

GrannyGravy13 Sat 16-Jan-21 12:04:59

I am laying on top of the bed ??

MissAdventure Sat 16-Jan-21 12:05:31

Show off! grin

GrannyGravy13 Sat 16-Jan-21 12:09:01

I do wish we could meet half way for a natter and a coffee (would have to get dressed first though) cafe

MissAdventure Sat 16-Jan-21 12:13:33

Doesn't it sound ridiculous, when you think about it?
How much has changed in so short a time.

A cuppa and a natter seems like a pipe dream.

Whitewavemark2 Sat 16-Jan-21 12:17:12

Pouring with rain and cold so

I moved chairs and table out of the dining room, took up the rug and cleaned the parquet floor turned the rug and put everything back. Polished the table.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sat 16-Jan-21 12:26:39

I'll attempt the crossword later and do a bit more knitting after undoing much of last nights effort. The pattern which I practised successfully with chunky wool and large needles doesn't want to work with the real thing - how annoying.

I should clean the bathroom floor and do the ironing but I can't be bothered. Yes, that's the floor I should have cleaned at the beginning of this week and the ironing I should have done two days ago. During this lockdown I've become more of a slattern than ever, after all no-one's going to visit and comment on it so why bother?

Casdon Sat 16-Jan-21 12:27:12

I’ve cut my son’s hair with the new clippers this morning, which was nerve wracking as I’ve never done it before, but it doesn’t look too horrendous so quite pleased with myself.
This afternoon if the rain holds off I’m going to plant some tulip bulbs which I must have bought in August and completely forgotten about, very late I know. My dog opens cupboards, and he had found these and ripped open the pack, intending to eat them, it sent me into a panic as they are poisonous, but at least he had the sense to only rip off one layer on one bulb and spit it all out, and he’s fine this morning!

GrannyGravy13 Sat 16-Jan-21 12:27:15

MissA I am coming over to you in a few weeks for my mammogram, that and the dentist are the only two things in my diary. Trying to keep a lid on my excitement grin

MissAdventure Sat 16-Jan-21 12:29:38

You certainly know how to live it up! smile

MawBe Sat 16-Jan-21 12:33:28

nanna8

We went round a few antique shops, masked up of course, in a little town nearby and then into the op shop where the stuff was a quarter of the price and just as good so I bought a plant, some rhubarb from a local garden, a couple of books and a tapestry all for $10 which is about 5 or 6 pounds. Then we had a nice meal at a local restaurant because it is the end ,more or less, of the holiday period. Then I did a pile of ironing which I don't mind because I am one of those weirdos who actually likes ironing.

Initially when I read this - antique shops, meal in a local restaurant etc I thought Nanna8 was describing her fantasy day.
Then I got to $10and realised she is not in the U.K. envyenvy !
Those days will come again- won’t they .........please?

GrannyGravy13 Sat 16-Jan-21 12:34:28

I flipping hope so Maw

GrannyGravy13 Sat 16-Jan-21 12:35:50

On a positive note I have showered, washed my hair and sorted clothes to wear............I now have to dry hair and get dressed, I could be a while?

MissAdventure Sat 16-Jan-21 12:42:44

I've just made another coffee and bought it back to bed, looking like the wreck of the hesparas (is that how it's spelled?)

Callistemon Sat 16-Jan-21 12:48:51

Hesperus, Greek Hesperos, also called Vesper, in Greco-Roman mythology, the evening star; although initially considered to be the son of Eos (the Dawn) and the Titan Astraeus, he was later said to be the son or brother of Atlas.

The Wreck of the Hesperus
BY HENRY WADSWORTH LONGFELLOW
It was the schooner Hesperus,
That sailed the wintry sea;
And the skipper had taken his little daughtèr,
To bear him company.

Well, you did ask! ?

I must find something more useful to do.
This morning I inspected the garden, picked some veg, was going to clean the car but neighbour's lovely son has volunteered to do that.

MissAdventure Sat 16-Jan-21 12:51:43

It's something my mum used to say.
I've a pretty good idea what she'd say about me languishing in bed at this time, too. blush

cornergran Sat 16-Jan-21 12:55:26

Had a chat with a friend. Discovered why I couldn't get into a savings account, very relieved to discover it is a mobile provider issue and there's nothing wrong with the account. De-frosted some soup and dealt with the laundry. That's my lot for today other than raiding the freezer for something very simple and not at all healthy for supper. We could and indeed probably should have a walk, suspect the sofa and a film will win, its jolly cold out there.

Lucca Sat 16-Jan-21 12:59:23

Wreck of the Hesperus also a favourite in my family. My sons take the Michael when I say it ! I’ve done the crossword , with a friend on FaceTime, bath got dressed, had lunch..... I’ll need to brave outside for a walk but then it’s book tv etc try and make something healthy for dinner.....??

Callistemon Sat 16-Jan-21 13:00:34

I often look like the wreck of the Hesperus
Or as if I've been pulled through a hedge backwards (which is one of my Mum's sayings).

I must find another Useful Project to start.

Lyndylou Sat 16-Jan-21 13:10:48

I felt guilty about staying in bed till 10 this morning so I have had a good hoover round (including the stairs!) and now I am back on the sofa with coffee. I am on a mission to repaint all doors and skirting etc upstairs while there are no family visits so I do just half an hour each day. Then I shall walk the dog and settle down to complete the Sainsbury order.

With reference to unloading the dishwasher it is definitely my least favourite job, so now my OH loads it and starts it off at night when I've gone to bed and I make myself empty it first thing while I am boiling the kettle for tea!