Gransnet forums

Chat

Night Owls: Part Two-whit, Two-woo

(604 Posts)
FannyCornforth Tue 12-Jan-21 19:25:32

Hello Everyone smile
New thread here.
Thank you all so very much for your company on the first thread.
I'm looking forward to our half asleep, woozy 2am chats moonbrew

Doodle Sun 21-Feb-21 00:34:09

Dear Fanny just read you post from last night. So sorry to hear your DH is poorly again and other problems are weighing on your mind. I hope your DH improves soon and whatever else is causing you worry is resolved. Thinking of you ?

polomint Sun 21-Feb-21 01:56:44

Hope everyone has a good sleep again tonight. I'm not. Just a bit down and didnt do enough during day to tire me out
.weather was awful so I wasnt out with the dog

FannyCornforth Mon 22-Feb-21 03:12:48

Aah, thank you so much Doodle. I am actually feeling quite a bit better now.
Hello to anyone about ?moonbrew
I'll probably be back soon

LauraNorder Mon 22-Feb-21 03:27:22

Gosh FannyC, there is no indication on daytime threads that you are going through another nightmare of a time.
You and your poor husband, how awful, no wonder you’re not sleeping well.
I’ve just got up for a drink and as Orlin is snoring I thought I’d stay downstairs until I’m tired enough to sleep through the rhino noises.
It’s so lovely and peaceful at this time for me, but the solitude must be difficult when you have worries.

LauraNorder Mon 22-Feb-21 04:06:49

Well obviously you’ve all gone back to bed, I’m off too, nighty night

Rufus2 Mon 22-Feb-21 04:06:54

I am actually feeling quite a bit better now
FannyC Good to hear! Keep up the good work!
Thought I might find you here, just to answer your query the other day to confirm, yes thanks, I was feeling better too after the day when you witnessed the rare event of me venting my spleen. Hence the angry
However, with the power of positive thinking all is sorted and now back to my lunch in the sun!
Cold chicken salad Kim, with the traditional additives! grin
Good Health Fanny to you and Mr.C and all the Owlets!
OoRoo

Nicegranny Mon 22-Feb-21 04:22:07

Always good news FannyC when someone feels better.

I wish l could get my hours around the right way and stop being nocturnal.

Kim19 Tue 23-Feb-21 02:33:50

I'm lying here in bed foolishly thinking of cold chicken but much too cosy to head for the fridge. Thanks Rufus! Looks like it might be an awake night for me but I don't really mind as I had a wonderful day in all the blissful sunshine that nature afforded. I'm still revelling in it. Also lovely to see the washing on the line enjoying it too. Got so caught up in Pancake Tuesday that I'm still making them on a daily basis. Too much time on my hands obviously! Off to watch a bit of telly now.

nanna8 Tue 23-Feb-21 03:46:53

Had a good walk with our Probus group this morning but it is a bit cold at the moment. Global freezing round here. It hasn't been a hot Summer for us, can't remember the last really hot long one. Then you look at Texas and feel grateful. I didn't know they got ice and snow down there. So much for global warming...

Kim19 Wed 24-Feb-21 05:25:04

Hello to any owls about. Just lying thinking about the day ahead. I've a zoom meeting with some friends which I really enjoy. Might even suggest we try for an outdoors lunch reservation for May now that things are looking positive in that direction. Hard to believe the last time we did that was almost a year ago. So glad yesterday's dreadful winds seem to have abated. Quite dreadful. My windows were rattling. Must investigate that further.

Rufus2 Wed 24-Feb-21 05:39:33

thinking of cold chicken but much too cosy to head to the fridge

Kim Good Morning! Everyone sound asleep!?
Here's a bit of lateral thinking, de Bono style, to help cure your night-time addiction to cold chicken.
Buy yourself a mini-frig, such as found in motels/hotels, plus a double-adaptor to plug in with your electric blanket alongside your bed'
Then all you have to do is get your maid to re-stock each day with cold chicken, ham (if your faith allows!) choccy biscuits, crisps etc.
Then it becomes a case of "if Mohammed won't go to the mountain, then the mountain must come to Mohammed"; if you see what I mean!?
Mind you, the time might come when you can't or don't want to get out of bed! grin
PS: I'm still working through cold chicken lunches; not sure how long it's supposed to remain wholesome! Time and taste will tell I guess! hmm
Good Luck!
OoRoo

FannyCornforth Wed 24-Feb-21 06:40:28

Good morning everyone!
I feel like I haven't posted for ages. I had every tech issue going Monday and yesterday and then just couldn't be bothered.
Rufus Thank you for your kind words to me and Mr C.
I have a similar bedroom / kitchen set up similar to the one the one that you propose. (Minus the meat products though thankfully.)
Your reference to Edward de Bono made me smile. He talked a load of nonsense didn't he, but at the time (late 70s?) he was quite the thing. I remember my dad having a few of his books and trying to understand them aged about eight. I don't think that I've have much more luck with them now! I've read a some fine parodies of de Bono by Craig Brown.
Do you like Craig Brown Rufus, I would have thought that he'd be up you street.
Kim we seem to have your winds now (East Midlands). You really enjoy the outdoors don't you, it's beautiful the way you write about it. Hope that you have another lovely day today.

Rufus2 Thu 25-Feb-21 10:49:37

feel like I haven't posted for ages
Fanny C You haven't, nor have any other Owls.!
What's going on? Owls have very few predators. Great Owls kill lesser Owls, but that wouldn't be allowed here, would it? No pandemic probs either! confused

I followed up Craig Brown on YouTube with a 14 min video of him talking/staring at the camera non-stop with no breaks! Not for me!; something to do with the Beatles!?
He looks like me which I found unnerving! grin
Discussing it last evening with our Michelle (B'mouth), she'd never heard of him either, but did recommend a Simon Reeves. So, one thing leads to another!
Good Health
OoRoo

FannyCornforth Fri 26-Feb-21 02:46:43

Hello Rufus. Oh, I'm glad you looked up Craig Brown. I can't imagine that he's any good on You Tube! I don't think that I've ever seen him 'in the flesh'. He doesn't even do interviews. Don't give up on him - read something written by him. Imaginary Friends or The Tony Years might be good to start with.
I will have a look at Simon Reeves on your Michelle's recommendation.

Kim19 Fri 26-Feb-21 04:31:16

Hello to anyone who's about. Just lying thinking about a repair job to one of my ceilings which is imminent. Saw a crack about ten days ago which is now looking decidedly dodgy. Think it has been brought about by the massive amounts of rain we've had recently. Had a repair man give it the once over yesterday. Hope he can do something before it collapses. Highly acceptable day here yesterday. Had a nice walk. Forecast promises something similar for today. That'll do me nicely. Also had a crazy FaceTime with six year old GD. The eight year old was too busy helping with cooking the tea to talk to me. Slave labour I call it!!

FannyCornforth Fri 26-Feb-21 05:01:26

'Morning Kim!
It's finally vaccine day for MrC today.
I'm going to do my best to hobble / limp in with him, and if I'm incredibly lucky they might have some surplus vaccine for me. You never know!

Kim19 Fri 26-Feb-21 05:14:32

Hello Fanny! Well...... fingers crossed that they have a spare vaccine phial for you. I've read of this happening quite a lot. Good luck! I'm looking forward to my second one which is scheduled for April.

Mollygo Fri 26-Feb-21 05:47:26

Hi Kim and Fanny if you’re still awake.
I hope you get your ceiling fixed Kim. That sounds really worrying. Like yours, our weather was great yesterday and should be good again today.
My GD informed me yesterday that she was too busy doing home-school work to chat for long.
Great news about the vaccine Fanny. I hope they do have some spare for you.
They rang DD1 on Tuesday to ask if she could get to the surgery in the next hour as they had some vaccine left. She certainly could!
No idea why I’m awake now. I’ve slept well the last few days, but I’ve got a good book so hopefully I’ll drop off whilst I’m reading that.

nadateturbe Fri 26-Feb-21 06:51:35

Good morning everyone. I do envy those of you who have video calls. My family don't. I often wonder what's wrong with me that stops them.?. They do keep in touch of course. Hope you get your ceiling fixed Kim. Such a worry when something needs fixed.
Good luck with the vaccine FannyCornforth. You have encouraged me to ring surgery about mine. Thanks.
I hope you all have a good day.

Kim19 Fri 26-Feb-21 08:08:01

N, why don't you just go ahead and generate the video calls? Only takes someone to start them.

Mollygo Fri 26-Feb-21 08:46:27

Good thought Kim.
N, my DS2 said she wouldn’t do WhatsApp till she was told that DS1 and I did. Now we have regular video meet-ups.

nadateturbe Sun 28-Feb-21 15:37:58

I know it's day time but just had to say I've had a lovely video chat with my daughter. The boys just said hello and went back to their film. But it's a start.?
Thanks for advice.

FannyCornforth Sun 28-Feb-21 15:52:36

Hello nadateturbe (Ssh! I shouldn't be here eitherblush).
That's excellent news - well done you!

nadateturbe Sun 28-Feb-21 15:58:37

(whisper) thank you.

Mollygo Sun 28-Feb-21 17:05:20

DH is sleeping again so it might as well be night. Glad you’re still there!