Gransnet forums

Chat

Viewing Heaven

(35 Posts)
hollysteers Thu 14-Jan-21 13:14:40

What is your telly set up?
Mine is a recliner with a cover with pockets for controls etc.
Pretty art nouveau sidelight, books, magazines, writing materials. My favourite spot at the moment. Facing bookshelves.
Do you have a view?

Grannybags Fri 15-Jan-21 14:28:10

Lucca

No I don’t approve of this slouching. On the rare occasions that I watch television I like to be either on my exercise bike at the same time or getting some extra ironing done ( pants socks ties backpacks dishcloths) I only watch documentaries about something interesting like steam engines.etc and actually I’d much rather be brushing up on grouting techniques or irregular Greek verbs.

??

Alexa Fri 15-Jan-21 14:34:54

My dinigroom window looks on the crabapple tree now adorned with lots of hard orange knobs liked by blackbirds and woodpigeons.

LauraNorder Fri 15-Jan-21 15:59:41

Lucca you had me right up to the ironing line then it all fell apart, especially ties.
My spot is one side of the sofa with feet on the other, remote control on the arm and a dish of nibbles on the side table.

sodapop Fri 15-Jan-21 17:19:28

Same here LauraNorder large glass of Bailey's at the moment in lieu of nibbles.

Lucca you are an inspiration ?

LauraNorder Fri 15-Jan-21 17:33:41

sodapop I could drink Baileys by the tumbler so it’s a Christmas only treat for me.
Might have a gin with my nibbles but more often a coffee or herbal tea.

BlueSky Fri 15-Jan-21 17:56:58

nanna8

Guess if you can’t have comfort at our age you’re never going to ?

Agree Nanna! Similar set up to yours! We’ve finally treated ourselves to two Stressless recliners, we used the money we usually spend on holidays, should have done it years ago but always thought the price was rather extravagant! We are facing the TV, with mini IPads and IPhones plus headphones, books and magazines at the ready!

Hetty58 Fri 15-Jan-21 18:06:03

My mother was advised (by her doctor) to only use her recliner for 20 minutes - then move/walk around. (She took no notice, of course.)

varian Fri 15-Jan-21 18:06:43

Or you could just stay in bed, as long as you have your ipad, mobile phone, huge tv, waiter service bringing whatever you want to eat or drink at any time of day of night.

TrendyNannie6 Fri 15-Jan-21 18:14:46

When I read the post title I thought I was going to read about near death experience! So basically it involves chairs sofas, right I sit back on my recliner sofa, opposite a lovely glowing fire, with my iPad and phone on my coffee table with remote controls big tv,