Gransnet forums

Chat

What's stuck in your head?

(34 Posts)
hollysteers Sat 16-Jan-21 18:08:15

Oh Namsnanny please don’t beat yourself up for this. We all have things in our life which we would change if possible. We are all only human and make mistakes as we go along.
C.S. Lewis said something to the effect that we must forgive ourselves as God forgives us and we cannot hold ourselves higher than that.
Even if not religious, it’s a good thought.
God bless you (or whatever means something to you)

Grandmabatty Sat 16-Jan-21 18:08:13

Donald,where's your troosers as it's dgs's favourite song at the moment. Alexa is playing it non stop.

Namsnanny Sat 16-Jan-21 17:59:42

The death of my Father, and how I failed him at the end.

Sorry not very light hearted.

shysal Sat 16-Jan-21 15:29:44

Mine is also 'can't touch this'. It must have come from the advert but I don't even remember watching it!

Beauregard Sat 16-Jan-21 15:27:34

Adverts just before I go to bed always get in my head. Currently it's the eBay advert tune by Redmond - Come and get your love. It drives me mad...and keeps me awake.

I have a really boring song I always think of to get rid of the earworm - it usually works.

Squiffy Sat 16-Jan-21 15:16:12

hollysteers

Earworms drive me mad. The cure is to start singing another tune. Doesn’t always work.

… and then the second tune becomes the earworm! ?

hollysteers Sat 16-Jan-21 15:02:13

Earworms drive me mad. The cure is to start singing another tune. Doesn’t always work.

vampirequeen Sat 16-Jan-21 14:56:27

I don't often have earworms during the day when I'm occupied but they arrive with a vengeance at bed time. Last night was the chorus of All You Need is Love mixed with me re-running conversations that I'd had 10, 20 , 30, 40 years or more ago.

FannyCornforth Sat 16-Jan-21 14:36:10

Hello smile
Currently it's MC Hammer 'You can't touch this' thanks to the meerkats' most recent offering.
Which at least makes sense.

Prior to that it was inexplicably the theme tune from The Sweeney.
Not the main theme tune, but the moody version with the saxophone that you sometimes got over the end credits.

What's currently your internal soundtrack?