Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(65 Posts)
12Michael Mon 18-Jan-21 06:13:45

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , but looks cold and dry outside here in Brackley .
Today, apart from TV , will sort out more things household wise , maybe have a go at a cupboard.
I have noticed locally some bus operators are reviewing there services with reductions thanks to the lockdown.
Most notable route is X5 Bedford (formally Cambridge) is only running between Bedford and MK ,and will no longer until further notice continue to Oxford wef from Sunday next.
Take Care,
Mick

dragonfly46 Mon 18-Jan-21 07:59:12

Good morning, we have a beautiful sky here with amazing streaks of deep pink. I can see right up the hills from my bed!

I will not be going out today or any day soon. I keep getting letters from Matt Hancock telling me dire things will happen if I go out! I am not sure I will ever dare go out again!

Lins1066 Mon 18-Jan-21 08:01:40

Good morning Mick and all from a drizzly S Welsh coast. I sympathise with you Beechnut I know exactly how you feel. I hope your son in law recovers well * Gagagran*. A young neighbour of ours has contracted covid, he is a GP and I've known him since he was a baby. We are going to stand on the seafront to pay our respects to a friend whose funeral is this morning, of course we are unable to attend due to restricted numbers. His death was not covid related, he had leukaemia.
Some tidying and ironing needed today, no enthusiasm for much else.
Thinking of Auntieflo, Cherry, Marydoll and gilly. Hope everyone will have a good a day as possible, stay safe.

Scentia Mon 18-Jan-21 08:04:45

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire where it is dry and cold.
Off to work shortly but first we will be dropping the car at the garage for the repairs to start. Not sure how long they will keep it!
Still very busy at work and it looks like I will have to forgo my day off on Wednesday as we have so much on. Good news for us as so many businesses are suffering at the moment, my thoughts are with everyone who is not able to work as they want due to the pandemic.
Take care my friends and remember to smile ?

Marydoll Mon 18-Jan-21 08:11:59

Good morning all from a wet Glasgow, where it's 3°C, at least its relatively mild.

I'm another one, joining the Blues Sisters. I'm trying to put on my I'm fine face for my family, but I don't seem to be feeling much better after my recent hospital stay. I'm getting really frustrated at not having any energy or motivation

My unstable sister in law is back on the scene again, two phone calls from her (after ignoring us for months) yesterday, wanting to be my carer and telling me she can do a better job than DH, ( she can't) has unsettled me. ?

Today will be spent, cutting out Jolly Phonics flashcards, which I laminated yesterday. Stimulating times indeed. ? I thought those days were over. Whether I ask DH to assist is another matter, can he be trusted? ?
I seem to have worn out my laminator, so a bit of Internet trawling today to by a new one.

Reading GN, I have noticed recently, so many posters who are suffering mentally and physically and some who have no- one to support them. I am indeed fortunate. There are too many to mention.
However, I will mention on here those, whom I know in the last few days, have had many worries: the Gaga family, Auntieflo, Dragonfly, HAZBEEN, Cherry, and of course, our Gilly.

If I have forgotten anyone, its because my brain seems to be made of mince at the moment! ?
I have experienced so much kindness from so many, thank you all!?

Pittcity Mon 18-Jan-21 08:13:46

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. The sun is trying to peep through and temperatures are heading up. 8° later.
Ironing today and maybe Lidl.

Sar53 Mon 18-Jan-21 08:27:08

Good morning from Essex by the sea where the sun is trying to appear.
All the car parks here have been locked for the last couple of weeks to deter people from visiting the coast. We went out for a walk yesterday and every road was full of cars parked bumper to bumper. Where have all these people come from, especially when you are meant to exercise near to where you live.
DH has an eye appointment later , a check up because he has Type 2 diabetes. I need to drive him there and back apparently.
I had lovely long chats with both daughters yesterday and saw pictures of the cakes my granddaughters had made.
I'm sorry so many of you are feeling miserable today, I know how you feel. I keep telling myself this too shall pass.
Take some pleasure in today, try a smile ? and stay safe xx

Nortsat Mon 18-Jan-21 08:30:59

Good morning Mick and the GM team, from east London where the temperature is currently 5 expecting to rise to 9 and we have a line of washing out.
Yesterday Good Morning-ers were kind about me not being well ... thank you. I can adjust my meds and usually after 3 or 4 days I begin to feel better. I am not quite there yet, but improvement is coming.

Viridian lovely photograph of your littlies.
Sorry your feeling a bit low Maryd.
Thinking of Auntieflo. Hoping Cherry had a peaceful night and good morning to gilly.

I couldn’t do much yesterday, feeling somewhat under-par but I quite enjoyed watching the television. In the afternoon I watched Landscape Artist of the Year.
In the evening we watched The Great Pottery Throwdown, which is one of my favourites.

I plan a walk today and we have our grocery delivery. I think we seem to just accept our shrunken way of life, now.

Good thoughts to all facing challenges today. Let’s stay warm and safe and ‘let’s be careful out there’.

ginny Mon 18-Jan-21 08:35:35

Good Morning all.
Thinking of all who are feeling down or poorly. I won’t put names as I’m sure to miss someone out and then feel bad.

Woken for the third night by 2 foxes trying to arrange a date. My, they are noisy.

I have a WI talk on zoom this afternoon . Otherwise mainly another ‘ditto’ day.

Hope you all find a ?today.

harrigran Mon 18-Jan-21 08:40:53

Good morning from a mild NE.
Spent the night in the spare room with a couple of books.
Sleep was elusive I think partly because my vaccinated arm and shoulder are sore and stiff.
Few messgages from family yesterday, sister seems to be the only one who is out and about every day even though there is no sign of vaccination in her part of Germany.
Stay safe.

Grammaretto Mon 18-Jan-21 08:48:09

Good morning or should it be madainn mhath I had my first Gaelic class yesterday
Here in the Scottish Borders the snow is at last melting and the men are back on the scaffolding next door. I asked, as I put the bins out, how they are working in a pandemic (a makeover of a public building wouldn't seem to be essential to me) but was told that construction work was continuing. It's true they have built themselves a double decker site hut. grin The men all come from Glasgow so have crossed county borders.
One rule for some...
I love the story of the Proclaimer's mum Elizabeth1
I watched a Parkinson interview with Michael Caine who tells a story about his mum and Adam Faith's mum working as cleaners together and neither believing the other had a famous son, because of the stage names.

We had sister sledge in the photos, not the Blues Sisters or the Mudlarks.

So sorry there are even more people with serious worries and woes today. I hope you all find some comfort.

Greyduster Mon 18-Jan-21 08:53:15

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from a bright, cold South Yorkshire. A bad night of weird, bad dreams last night. I had a walk yesterday with DD in their local woods, but it was busy and it stressed me out somewhat. We were supposed to be having our meters changed this morning, but the engineer turned up two hours earlier than he was supposed to (we were still in bed!!), unable to quote the security code they had given us, and with only the equipment to do half the job, so I sent him packing. He said his last appointment was cancelled so maybe they sent him packing too!
Lovely photo Viridian; rockpooling is the favourite occupation of DH and his grandad!
Have the best day you can folks.

Anniebach Mon 18-Jan-21 08:54:56

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Alygran Mon 18-Jan-21 08:58:38

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s clear and dry today and there was a beautiful sunrise.
Bed stripped and laundry in the machine. I may even get it dry outside.
No walk yesterday as the ice was still about. It’s all gone this morning so no excuses. Lovely chats with DGS and both DDs yesterday afternoon.
Try to keep cheerful everyone. It’s getting tricky isn’t it.
Stay safe.

NanKate Mon 18-Jan-21 09:00:53

I must confess I only stand in the garden in the cold for about one minute doing my qigong breathing exercises. I will do it properly later today on Zoom with my teacher and about 50 others !

hollysteers Mon 18-Jan-21 09:08:36

Good morning Mick and all from The Cloisters, North West coast.
Hope your bus schedule doesn’t throw you Mick, I love Oxford, spent a lot of time there. Lots of people have been decluttering during lockdown. One of the few good things to come out of it.
Going to brave the elements today after a busy day yesterday, housework and making greeting cards.
Wish I could sleep longer than five hours, I use a lovely sleep story on Calm app (usually a train trip) which sends me off, but when it finishes, I wake up. I need the stories on a loop.
Started “Finding Alice” series on tv, seems ok.
Thoughts to the troubled.

Justwidowed Mon 18-Jan-21 09:12:31

Good morning Mick and everyone.A lot of you lovely people seem to be struggling today .Perhaps this will make you smile.

The only excitement in my house today will be the delivery of my nine prescription items times 56 days supplies. Am hoping it's all correct. I normally collect them but am being cautious .

I have also cancelled my diabetes review as it involves a blood test at our very busy hospital and a bus trip to the surgery.Another few months will make a lot of difference as to how safe I feel on local .buses.

It's raining here in Lancashire but I've read and heard that the following three days will be virtually nonstop rain . Roll on summer.

Susan56 Mon 18-Jan-21 09:16:37

Good morning from Shropshire.A dry and bright start today.

Today is my mother in laws 90th birthday.It is exactly a year since we have seen her.She will have a number of doorstep visits as quite a few family members live close by.

I will continue my sorting of the kitchen today.Living the life??

I was an FBI agent in my dreams last night?quite disappointing to wake up back in my lockdown life!

Lovely picture viridian❤️

Hope all feeling down feel better as the day goes on and hoping Cherry has had a restful night.

Susan56 Mon 18-Jan-21 09:18:33

Sar, would advise your husband takes sunglasses to wear after his eye appointment.The drops they put in make the eyes very sensitive for a couple of hours afterwards.

EkwaNimitee Mon 18-Jan-21 09:22:23

Good morning, everyone. It's grey but dry on the Cumbrian coast. Sorry, but I'm another one with a touch of the Monday blues! Partly because I've got up feeling below par and, I guess, partly from looking at the week's weather forecast and listening to more coronavirus news on the radio. I'm giving myself a firm talking to and thinking of those who've really got problems before getting on with some housework. Somehow, it perks me up getting that out of the way.
Wishing us all a happy day!

grandMattie Mon 18-Jan-21 09:33:34

Some tulips to cheer you all up! X

NannyJan53 Mon 18-Jan-21 09:36:18

Love the story about the Proclaimers Mum too Elizabeth & Grammarettos story about Michael Caine and Adam Faiths Mum! What are the chances they would be working together?

NanKate Mum is a marvel for her age. The photo is her on a long country walk with DD and family last summer. She was only 90 then though smile

Nannagarra Mon 18-Jan-21 09:38:05

Good morning from the Sefton coast where it is raining. To be earlier today, I’ve only read the first two posts. Will return later.
At your recommendation DH and I watched ‘The Pembrokeshire Murders’ last night. From your comments it seems many of you recalled the case from the news. Fortunately I wasn’t aware of this when we visited in 2019, attracted by the seals which are born there!
Lovely photo of your littlies rockpooling yesterday, Ashcombe. I read ‘Mudlarking’ before Christmas and found myself focusing on the historical details. How dedicated she is to rise so early and take such risks to pursue her interest.
Sending gentle hugs to all with worries, problems and troubles. Have the best day you can. x

Nannagarra Mon 18-Jan-21 09:40:32

Need to read more closely! Viridian, not Ashcombe!

GrannyOwl5 Mon 18-Jan-21 09:54:10

Good morning everyone from north Kent where the sun is shining although there are a few clouds appearing.

Sorry to read that some of you are feeling down hearted and fed up. Today is apparently called Blue Monday as it’s the most depressing day in the year. I also read yesterday that people become more fed up and depressed when they are half way through a period of trials and tribulations. So, go easy on yourselves - it’s scientifically proven that after today is over we shall start to feel better .

Here’s a picture of a little gallant snowdrop to cheer us all up. Spring is coming! Stay safe

Grammaretto Mon 18-Jan-21 10:00:22

Justwidowed grin