Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(65 Posts)
12Michael Mon 18-Jan-21 06:13:45

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , but looks cold and dry outside here in Brackley .
Today, apart from TV , will sort out more things household wise , maybe have a go at a cupboard.
I have noticed locally some bus operators are reviewing there services with reductions thanks to the lockdown.
Most notable route is X5 Bedford (formally Cambridge) is only running between Bedford and MK ,and will no longer until further notice continue to Oxford wef from Sunday next.
Take Care,
Mick

marq66 Mon 18-Jan-21 10:07:43

Good morning to all from sunny Perpignan, France. So lovely to read your morning posts from the areas where I have family (Glasgow & East London). It's been a long time since we've seen any of them in the flesh and with the delays here in France for the vaccine, it could well be quite a while yet!

I am so delighted to hear fellow Great British Throwdown fans enjoying the series as much as I am. I am NOT creative but love, delight and admire these fantastic potters and their wonderfully empathetic judges.

Great to see the article Gransnet on yoga today. I started this (aged 67) through the WI college online, (Denman) early in lockdown.I'm making slow progress and really enjoy the breathing. With my video off and all participants muted I can wobble, groan and giggle as necessary. A week £5 that is well worth it!

What a warm and supportive group of people you are. Your posts are a delight to read!

EllanVannin Mon 18-Jan-21 10:22:49

Good Morning All x.
Heavy cloud with a threat of something,though so far it's dry and calm. Quite fresh at 5 degrees 1 less than yesterday.
Nothing planned as usual, just a clean of the kitchen and bathroom just to show there's no ill feeling----and keep myself mobile, which is more and more difficult as time goes on.

I've been up and down like a fiddlers elbow looking to see if there's any sign of the old Tom cat. He's gone walkabout but it worries me because he is so old now and I don't think his eyesight's up to scratch.

If it's not the family I worry about it's the bloomin' cat grin I feel moth-eaten at times and horror of horrors I didn't have any crumpets in the freezer so had to have toast with Marmite. A good start to the week I must say.

Whether I'll get yet another phone-call for the vaccine I don't know but there's been a lot of complaints from my area about where we have to attend and the difficulty in getting there by not using public transport. Then being told that some people who've tested positive using taxi's puts me off altogether, besides these centres being as busy as a supermarket. I'll sit tight and wait until someone sees sense !

Enjoyed my dinner yesterday and scooped some Christmas pud out of a basin to have with white sauce to round it off so it went down a treat.

I can understand and also relate to those who've " had enough " of these lockdowns/ restrictions and not being able to do as you normally would. I get so frustrated because of having to rely on D which I hadn't ever done before, plus the fact that her life is full enough without me chipping in. This is what's getting me down more than anything, so as a consequence I end up wringing my hands and cursing my GD for not pulling herself together. I keep quiet so as not to cause any ripples.

Still no sign of the old Tom cat so I hope wherever he is he's safely hidden among shrubs.
Anyway a shower now as the bathroom's warm and I'll clean it at the same time.
Take care everyone and stay safe and let's hope there are no floods in the areas stated---always a worry.
Have as decent a day as you can, with thoughts to the poorly ones x

GrannyGravy13 Mon 18-Jan-21 10:24:07

Good morning Mick and all

Granny duties included homeschooling will read posts later

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️

Mapleleaf Mon 18-Jan-21 10:24:23

Good morning everyone,

A rather grey looking day here so far, but at least it is still dry - the rain arrives tomorrow and Wednesday apparently.

Good news to read that the over 70's are now being offered the vaccine, which suggests that the programme is going at a good, steady rate, thank goodness.

A very pretty snowdrop Grannyowl15. They are such tough little plants, aren't they, but look so delicate. They add a touch of cheer to these mid winter days.

The buses are running virtually empty here, too, so it seems as though it's pretty much country wide. At least the drivers are still working rather than being furloughed. Not everyone has access to or can drive a car, so the buses are an essential service for some.

Well, back to another thrilling day if tidying, washing and ironing! Roll on the warmer weather when I can get out into the garden again, it's just a bit too cold and damp to linger in it at the moment.

To all with troubles, worries or ill health, I hope today gives you some solace ?.

amselerin Mon 18-Jan-21 10:25:45

Good morning all from a cloudy and cold Lower Saxony.
I visited a friend on Saturday. It`s so uplifting to meet people in real face to face.
My DIL(a teacher) told my yesterday that a little girl, who sat in the desk right in front of her, sneezed and it sort of landed in my DIL`s face. The little girl had the virus and my DIL contracted it. All the family then got the virus, but luckily the children only had mild symptons. My son and DIL are all now recovered. My DIL still can`t smell properly.
I am rather careful. It`s a dastardly desease.
So, please all take care, We can beat this.
I can`t wait till I can travel again.
Enjoy your life and if you are down or not well I hope that you recover soon. Spring is on the way.

Grandmafrench Mon 18-Jan-21 10:50:36

Good Morning everyone. Warm, sunny, blue here. Off walking after lunch. Everything has to be organised before 6pm! The curfew witching hour now!

Continue being careful, Amselerin - not a good story! Sorry to hear the Gaga family news. Sorry to hear lots of gloomy feelings around for lots of us. Do Something Grans.....don’t give into it - even if it’s find a film, open a bottle and eat chocolates. Just be patient with yourselves. We’ll get there!

All those struggling...you know we all care. Loving thoughts and hugs for those in need. JustWidowed - well done ?!
TOYA
??????????????‍♀️???????????

GrannyOwl5 Mon 18-Jan-21 10:59:55

Disaster EllanVannin! No crumpets! ?The world’s going to hell in a handcart ??

Georgesgran Mon 18-Jan-21 11:05:42

Good morning from Durham. It’s very grey here, which about sums me up too. Knocked a whole mug of tea over my cream carpet first thing - blotted and washed but think it will need more cleaning.
Item to return to John Lewis, so will combine that with a bit of exercise later - those 2 birds etc.
Hope DH hears about his vaccine soon - he has cancer and was 70 last year. ?
Stay safe everyone.

EllanVannin Mon 18-Jan-21 11:14:03

Hahahaha, they're like a " fix " GrannyOwl and set me up for the day.

EllanVannin Mon 18-Jan-21 11:17:15

I must say, that pic of the dear lady in her 90's stepping it out along with the flowers pics have lifted my spirits---small things you see, it doesn't take much these days. grin

CaroleAnne Mon 18-Jan-21 11:37:02

Hello everyone from an intermittent sunny and cloudy Warminster.
KITTY. I do miss your frequent escapades to the butchers. Never knew what you might be ordering next. I loved your Fillet steak recipe with stilton sauce.
Hope that you all have a good day and my thoughts go to those who are not well.
Good to see you back MARY DOLL. Your enthusiasm is catching.flowerssunshine

LauraNorder Mon 18-Jan-21 11:38:13

Good morning Mick and all from dry Anglesey where the sky is white.
Welcome to marq66, lovely to hear from another poster in southern france ??.
I too love the pottery throw down, so much talent.
Let’s all march on through blue Monday as bravely as we can and look forward to vaccinations and springtime, not far to go now, we can do this.
Take care

farview Mon 18-Jan-21 12:06:58

A late good morning everyone..had to go grocery shopping..hate it! But looking at tomorrows forecast decided today was the better day.
Hope you all find something nice about today ?
Beautiful flowers grandMattie..
Not noticed any posts from Annsixty..hope she is Ok..
Let's all be kind to ourselves ⚘

Feelingmyage55 Mon 18-Jan-21 12:30:34

A very late good morning. Sun and blue skies here and the snow disappearing. The vaccination is rolling out locally which is heartening especially in January when we need a boost at this time of year. My son phoned and chatted for a long time yesterday which was lovely as he is so busy and he has been phoning more than usual. I am in the mood to rearrange the furniture just for a change of scene as it were. The birds are getting busier and noisier which is very cheering. I watched “finding Alice” last night and it was quite good. I think it will get better as the story develops.
Have the best day you can everyone and special wishes to those under the weather, caring, and too shy to join in.