Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(82 Posts)
12Michael Wed 20-Jan-21 06:16:26

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and wet outside but not as windy as late yesterday here in Brackley this morning.
To occupy myself , I am going to use some chicken pieces, I had in the freezer ,and create a Chinese style curry in the slow cooker .
I aim to put it on a low, so it will simmer , the aim is let it thicken slightly.
Otherwise a quiet day , assuming what the postie brings , who seem to be delivering earlier during the lockdown.
Take Care,
Mick

Grammaretto Wed 20-Jan-21 08:14:53

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. We have had heavy snow overnight so I won't be going anywhere.
Such a relief for you Jaxjacky . Anxiety can build up and take over.
Have as good a day as you can.
Cherry, Beauregard, flowers

Marydoll Wed 20-Jan-21 08:22:55

Good morning all from a damp Glasgow, nothing exciting to report.
Mick, I know you like Chinese food, with that in mind, have you ever tried Mayflower Chinese curry mix? You can buy it online, from Iceland and I think its going to be available soon in Sainsbury's. I use when I'm under the weather and DH has to cook. It is foolproof, well almost! ?

What a beautiful building, Ashcombe! How lucky you are to perform there.
Last night I spent ages trying to sort my printer. I had run out of ink, (too many Dollie resources) , but because I'm enrolled in HP instant ink, it would not allow me to install a shop bought, genuine ink cartridge. Today I will have to contact HP to ask why the technology didn't pick up that my ink was running out and no cartridge had been sent. Now I shall have to link my PC remotely to DH's printer, that is if I can even find it in DH's man cave, where its usually buried under piles of books.

Speaking of technology, I wanted to be able to share resources with Dollie, during our home schooling Zoom lesson, so I decided to investigate how it could be done. You would have thought, having had to organise all the technology in school, this would have been a dawdle. However, I hadn't factored DH into the equation. ?
I asked him if he would help and pretend he was Dollie and I would teach him. So far so good, nothing is too much trouble, when it involves his wee pal.
So I sent him an invite to participate, which he duly received. In fact, in the end, I sent three! All to no avail. No, he couldn't get it to work. He still couldn't get it to work.......He...
Eventually I asked to see his device, he didn't even have Zoom installed, despite saying he had!!!? Things just went downhill after that! ?

Elizabeth, happy birthday to your birthday boy! I remember meeting him at the Burn's lunch in Jolly Gee's house and thinking how good he was to come and collect you. I had a taxi, two train journeys and a car journey to get home, but it was worth it. Happy times!
It is so good to hear how upbeat you are and making progress.

Wishing you all a pleasant day and hugs to all who are struggling. I'm off to read up all the implications of the vaccine, ( can't get any clinician to return my calls) it seems it's not as effective on people like me. ☹
Hazbeen thank you for the info you provided yesterday.

baubles Wed 20-Jan-21 08:24:07

Good morning Mick, morning all. We have snow again here in S Lanarkshire, I’m quite glad not to have to go anywhere early.

Enjoy your curry Mick. How great to have such a beautiful building for your amdram performances Ashcombe,

Pleased that your worries were unfounded jaxjacky, you must be relieved. Cherry, that was a rude awakening, hope you’re ok.

Another day of not doing anything too taxing. Working on family history yesterday I got to the bottom of a puzzlement about what streets my Grandfather’s family had lived on. While I was looking at old maps a cousin, out of the blue, posted photos of our GGGrandparents marriage certificate on our Irish family WhatsApp group. Coincidence or what? That led to my mother’s remaining two sisters recalling memories of visiting an old aunt of theirs in the Dublin hills which was so lovely to hear.

Hoping everyone has a peaceful day.

baubles Wed 20-Jan-21 08:29:11

It seems to take me an age to post by which time I’ve missed lots of posts.

Happy Birthday to your DH Elizabeth1, have a lovely celebrating.

Lins1066 Wed 20-Jan-21 08:29:13

Good morning all from a decidedly damp S Welsh coast, heavy rain during the night.
Cherry take it easy today, sending you a gentle hug*.
Good news Jaxjacky.
Happy birthday for Elizabeth's DH ?
Took the puppy for a walk last evening, he has a new waterproof coat, which has arrived just in time for Storm Christophe.
Fish for supper tonight, salmon for me and plaice for Mr L, with baby Pembrokeshire potatoes.
Hope we all have something to smile about today, but above all stay safe.

Grandmabatty Wed 20-Jan-21 08:31:32

Good morning all from Polmont where there is some snow on the cars but none on the roads, thank goodness. Drama at Batty Towers this morning. I was getting dressed,picked up my specs and they broke apart in my hands! Just call me Samson. Neither superglue nor sellotape would fix them . A dilemma as I need them to see and drive. Eventually I remembered keeping a spare pair and hunted til I found them. Which is just as well as I'm babysitting today. His dad isn't well and granddad is in hospital for a serious operation. So grandma day care once more. Happy birthday to*MrE*. Have a good day all.

LauraNorder Wed 20-Jan-21 08:42:23

Good morning Mick and all from cold but dry Anglesey. Rained hard yesterday, big puddles everywhere and fields under water all around us. Hope nobody suffers flooding.
Happy birthday to Mr Elizabeth.
Happy day to all

Viridian Wed 20-Jan-21 08:45:28

Morning all from a blustery, wet south Cornwall. Am watching all the various Cornwall programmes on TV at the moment and it's like looking at a far country. Watching Rick Stein at St Ives was so poignant, and at St Mawes which was a regular coffee jaunt for me! Never again will I take it all for granted.

Today I'll be watching the American inauguration. The glimpse of those
thousands of flags instead of people was a significant reminder of what's going on. Other than that I'll dig out my sack of concrete and put it on my work table as a nudge to GET ON WITH IT every time I walk past.

Have the best day you can, in all your circumstances. I feel for those of you suffering.

Pittcity Wed 20-Jan-21 08:46:44

Good morning from a grey skies Colchester. Heavy rain forecast on and off all day.
We need to walk to our local mail delivery office to send an important letter. Printed the label last night and clicked for the postie to collect as usual, but this service has been withdrawn from our area temporarily as so many are off with Covid or contact isolation.
No other plans as usual. x

NanKate Wed 20-Jan-21 08:50:22

Morning Mick and All.

Grey damp day in South Bucks a little warmer though.

Ashcombe fab photo of your theatre ex church. We support as many local theatres as we can and this photo makes me realise what we are missing. I long for the moment of the expectation just as the curtains open, the bright lights are on and the music starts. Such talented actors and singers.

DH has his jab on Saturday but nothing for me yet. Patience is a virtue I don’t have. Feel tearful but I have a lot to be grateful for and need a good kick up the derrière.

NanKate Wed 20-Jan-21 08:52:03

Morning Viridian ?

grannysyb Wed 20-Jan-21 08:53:35

Good morning from a very wet Teddington. More marmalade making this morning. Zoom book group tonight, must try to gather my thoughts about it! I get my jab this afternoon, hooray! Happy birthday to Mr E, and hope Cherry feels better soon, have a good day everyone.

Anniebach Wed 20-Jan-21 08:54:52

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Humbertbear Wed 20-Jan-21 09:00:42

We are planning to have a party this afternoon while we watch President Biden’s Inauguration. That’s after a visit to a clinic for a weird 3D scan of my jaw! I’ve deputed my daughter to cook tonite. So no worries there.

brook2704 Wed 20-Jan-21 09:03:45

Great news jaxjacky so pleased for you!
Happy birthday to your DH Elizabeth hope you both have a lovely day together celebrating ????

dragonfly46 Wed 20-Jan-21 09:05:30

Good morning from a very soggy Leicestershire.

Nothing planned today except sorting out HMRC like Nortsat and sorting out my Mum’s money as the care home fees have increased yet again!

Urmstongran Wed 20-Jan-21 09:06:49

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where it’s still raining. Feel sorry for all those people in a flood area. I cannot imagine what they must have to deal with alongside the restrictions for the virus.

A day to hunker down. No need to be anywhere. I shall carry on decluttering as I’m enjoying it and ring a couple of friends for a good old natter. Half a shoulder of lamb to Bob in the oven and a cauli for tonight. Easio.

Great news Jaxjacky bet the relief was overwhelming. You’ll feel you got your life back! I too have health anxiety and it’s a blight. Birthday wishes to your husband Elizabth. I’d have to have curry now and again grandMattie! Order yourself a delicious takeaway - you’re worth it. Curious what your book club read was grannybs?

Hope Wednesday is good to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

dragonfly46 Wed 20-Jan-21 09:09:43

Viridian what are you planning to do with the concrete?

Sparklefizz Wed 20-Jan-21 09:12:54

Good Morning Mick and all GNs from a very wet South Glos. Hope your curry turns out well.

I don't think I'll be going out today for that walk I promised myself, but I volunteer on an online support group so will be doing a few hours on there.

I hope all goes well Dwmxwg with being back at work.
Happy birthday to Mr E.
Jaxjacky what a relief for you. flowers I am so pleased. I have been in your shoes and for me the news wasn't good, but I've survived breast cancer twice, so yay!

News spread online yesterday that police cars, dogs and armed police were in our village outside the little Post Office. Obviously we were all desperately curious. It turned out that they were searching the home of an armed drug dealer. Gosh! In our village!!! He was later caught in Cheltenham. End of excitement for the week. smile

Well, a day of chores for me.
Thoughts to all who are struggling or anxious. I found a primrose in the garden yesterday and there is a single red rose bravely hanging on from the summer. Spring will soon be here. x

EllanVannin Wed 20-Jan-21 09:14:04

Good Morning All x.
Seemed like a quieter night without the lashing rain of the previous night. Still on the dark side so don't know what the weather's actually up to yet.

An earlier start for me this morning in case D calls after school drop-offs to pick up some post for Oz to get weighed and posted. I've also got a shopping list for M&S for her too.
Since D rang yesterday, I don't yet know how the dog got on with the vet calling after its sudden collapse so I don't know what to expect. It seems to be one thing after another with her.

Thinking of those poor souls in areas where they suffer floods. As if things aren't bad enough without the weather joining in. So hope it doesn't get too bad for them. Just looking at the speed of that river water and it's scary.

Hope all's well after your tumble CherryCezzie, it must give you a fright. It would me, anyway.
Good news for you Jaxjacky as any pain/ discomfort in that area is always a worry.

Hoping things go well for all those with appointments, etc.x

Shepherds Pie today so an easy enough preparation.
Can't put my mind to anything much else for the time being although I should get the polish and duster out as I could write my name on the mantlepiece----shameful.

Take care and stay safe everyone, must move myself in case D comes and catches me in my dressing gown still. xx

Alygran Wed 20-Jan-21 09:17:33

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s rainy today so I may not get out for a walk again.
Bathrooms to clean this morning then some admin for my charity.
Hope everyone has a good day. Stay safe.

harrigran Wed 20-Jan-21 09:33:39

Good morning from a wet NE but quite mild.
Cancelled todays grocery delivery as we are eating much less and freezer is still full.
Bathrooms need cleaning.
Shoulder still sore after injection.
Take care.

grandMattie Wed 20-Jan-21 09:35:50

A smile for today! ?

Hymnbook Wed 20-Jan-21 09:36:13

Morning everyone. I hope you are all keeping well. Was unwell again last week so l thought l would do a test for Covid. It's negative so the next time l have one of these sweaty achy bouts l will contact my doctors. It's been windy and rainy through the night here in Sherwood. Still raining but the wind has dropped slightly. Today I am attempting a zoom meeting with Tuneless Choir. Wish me luck. I've had a message showing interest in some exercise equipment l have for sale so l'm hoping to get rid of that today making a bit more space in my flat. I hope you can enjoy windy Wednesday.

GrannyOwl5 Wed 20-Jan-21 09:39:49

Good morning everyone from a damp and blustery north Kent. Hopefully the predicted storm won’t be as bad as they have forecasted and the flooding is minimal.

Nothing much exciting planned for today. Yesterday I finished my virtual challenge walking across the English Channel and I am now in France. Can’t do much as only have my swimsuit costume so will probably have to swim back! Will get my medal for completing in a couple of weeks. Am about to start my walk along the 26 mile Inca Trail taking in Machu Picchu which will be a change to looking at heaving waves!

Hope you all have a good day. Dragonfly how did your telephone consultation go?

Keep dry. Stay safe