Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(82 Posts)
12Michael Wed 20-Jan-21 06:16:26

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and wet outside but not as windy as late yesterday here in Brackley this morning.
To occupy myself , I am going to use some chicken pieces, I had in the freezer ,and create a Chinese style curry in the slow cooker .
I aim to put it on a low, so it will simmer , the aim is let it thicken slightly.
Otherwise a quiet day , assuming what the postie brings , who seem to be delivering earlier during the lockdown.
Take Care,
Mick

Kalu Wed 20-Jan-21 11:55:30

After all chores have been done I also enjoy settling down with my latest book Mapleleaf but more and more now, after a couple of chapters, I feel my eyelids getting heavier and have to give up reading with only one eye open before I end up having a snooze. ?. Really annoying when I am enjoying a good book too.

We are a good bit higher than you Marydoll and any snowfall lands here first, often with no sign of it in other areas.
Hope your cartridge turns up soon. I share your, where is it frustration, when deliveries go astray. ?

HAZBEEN Wed 20-Jan-21 12:20:20

Late again today! Good afternoon everyone. Today has been one long whirl! Firstly a Tesco delivery which was missing a load of items so that took some chasing up. Turns out the driver had missed a whole tray of mine, he came back with them later. Then the cat was sick, I know too much information! My OH does a lot of things but that is one thing he cant do as he starts reaching big strong man that he is! Then a panicked call from my neighbour who thought she had been burgled as her front door was open and she couldnt find the cat! Turns out she went to bed last night without locking the door and the cat was on top of the wardrobe! Its all go here!
I will now sit down with a cuppa and read your posts!
Stay safe all.

CherryCezzy Wed 20-Jan-21 12:54:05

I've come back to thank the many goodmorningers who have shown concern for me this morning and sent me well wishes. You are all kind and lovely people ?

Jaxjacky, I'm glad that your scan was clear ?

I am sorry to hear however that many of you lovely people are going through your own health worries and having wobbles, ? for each of you.

So good to hear that more of you have had the covid vaccine, a light ?️ in these difficult times.

Hope you are starting to feel better Grandmafrench ?
We're all still thinking of you gillybob x

Where's Taichinan? I hope wherever you are you are okay ?

Patsy429 Wed 20-Jan-21 13:23:57

This is good afternoon from Cardiff but there is a reason. We had a power cut in the night which affected the clock radio - except we didn't know. Were wakened by our window cleaner (pushing his luck really) knocking the front door asking if he could go through to the back garden. I told him it was far too early and he apologised but didn't think 10 o clock was that bad. And we thought we were early - except we were very late, by two hours! So everything is off kilter now. Stay safe everyone.

Borrheid55 Wed 20-Jan-21 15:14:41

Morning all from a grey overcast Kent. Well I made it - it was my 66th birthday on Monday . As I was reminded in several FB comments, I’m now officially a pensioner. DH found an’ On Your Retirement’ card in my stash of greeting cards and added my age and happy birthday to it! I realised that the card has been in the box for nigh on twelve years and I paid for it! ( Anyone remember Cards for all Occasions? )
Spent the day quietly - made chicken soup from our roast on Sunday, delicious! DH starting work earlier so left home at 18.00 instead of 19.00. Had a phone call from my mummy at 21.00 which lasted 90 minutes! All the usual family stuff ( I am eldest of eight!) , problems using her iPad (!) - she’s almost 89, saw a family name as a death on the church bulletin but hadn’t been told about it so I ended up doing a bit of surfing and was able to confirm. She’s a bit upset that things like that are happening and due to Covid, communication is incomplete. She will be able to view the funeral mass which will help.
Marydoll it’s good that you are able to help with DGD but please don’t overdo it. You can’t help at all if you’re in hospital! Is your DS thawing a bit due to your home schooling? As for DH, you haven’t mentioned his golf recently- maybe suggest a wee bit me-time for him so you can concentrate on Dollie.
I hope everyone has a good day , stay safe!

Litterpicker Wed 20-Jan-21 15:31:37

I think I need a Good afternoon thread. I’m so dozy first thing - can read, just, but not write.
Wet and windy here in West Sussex, as over most of the country, except where it’s snow instead.
Phone call earlier from DD1 who has recovered from vaccine side-effects apart from sore arm. So many home-care staff falling ill. I feel they, along with NHS staff, police, and teachers, should have had vaccine along with over-80s. As a retired nearly 70 year old, I don’t have to go out and would be happy to wait a bit longer (not that there’s any sign of jabs here even for my over-80 year old neighbour. Glad to hear that many GNrs have had theirs though. Hope Gagagran has better news of DSiL, DD and family.
Love the idea of you dancing along to The Proclaimers and Abba, Elizabeth1.
Hope your Chinese curry is bubbling away nicely, Mick.
? to all with pain or difficult feelings to grapple with.