Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(75 Posts)
12Michael Fri 22-Jan-21 06:15:15

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but another cold morning here in Brackley also dry as well.
Normal Friday shop , I have started to gain a little weight , mainly lockdown boredom of snacking , but its better than loosing it, as when I may have had a mild dose of the virus .
The weather is acting its seasonal self, and can only hope the genie rubs the lamp to a brighter year ahead .
Take Care,
Mick

Susan56 Fri 22-Jan-21 08:25:54

Good morning from frosty Shropshire.

A sad day yesterday as my uncle continues to battle Covid.The drs have now said he is unlikely to recover.It has been harrowing but the nursing staff and drs are incredible.They are exhausted but still continue to support our family and the care my uncle is receiving could not be any better.

GrannyGravy, I salute you!Five days of homeschooling?
We have a five year old and a one year old too but only for two days and this week only one day as they couldn’t get here because of floods yesterday.It is exhausting,rewarding but exhausting.

Bellasnanna, I’m not ready to embrace the grey yet either.Life would be easier if I were.L’Oréal root spray is my new best friend, my husband is a dab hand at applying it now!

Hoping that Mary is feeling better, Cherry had a good night and that Auntieflo has her appointment.

Thinking of all with worries about family members and all our missing goodmorningers?

Please take care everyone.

Justwidowed Fri 22-Jan-21 08:27:07

Good morning Mick and everyone from a dry but frosty Lancashire.

Am awaiting a call from the surgery for my vaccine appointment.
My neighbour who is over 75 like me but very fit and active got his call early yesterday.The only difference is his surname is one letter before mine so am hopeful for mine later .

Nothing much happening here today apart from reading, tv and sudoku.Depeending on my energy level the kitchen floor may be washed.

A friend sent me the attached which I thought I would share.

Lins1066 Fri 22-Jan-21 08:28:02

Good morning Mick and all. It is very frosty here on the S Welsh coast.
Laundry to do and some more cleaning, Mr Lins will wield the Shark stick which he loves, he is easily pleased.
I made soup yesterday so we will have that for lunch. I must ring the butcher to order some meat and will take the puppy for a walk.
Thinking of those with heavy hearts and sorrow.
Stay safe everyone.

Grandmafrench Fri 22-Jan-21 08:30:06

Scentia - so that’s how you find your smile ?

Bellasnana Fri 22-Jan-21 08:34:14

Susan56, yes, I also use the L’Oreal spray for touch ups as the grey grows in too fast these days! You are lucky to have a DH to do it for you. I have misfired on occasion and ruined a couple of tops.?

Viridian Fri 22-Jan-21 08:34:42

Ooh Scentia, wish I had a man to chase me round the kitchen!

Alygran Fri 22-Jan-21 08:35:36

Good morning from North Yorkshire. The sun popped over the horizon about 10 minutes ago into a clear blue sky. Looks like it’s going to be a lovely winter day. There’s lots of standing water about in the fields. I took these pictures of one of my usual footpaths across a field near the village yesterday.
I was woken at 1.20 by the doorbell ringing out. It really frightened me as it didn’t stop. I had to come down and open the front door to press it to stop it ringing. It does stick sometimes but who pressed it? Took me a while to calm down and get back to sleep.
Shopping today then a telephone appointment with the optician later. I am expecting a couple of parcels too.
Hope your appointment goes well Auntieflo, take it easy Marydoll.
Have a good day everyone. Stay safe.

Susan56 Fri 22-Jan-21 08:35:45

The floods around the roads on the farm have gone down so thankfully the cattle are safe thank you Grandmafrench.Miss M wanted to bring her Shetland pony into the house to keep him safe but luckily the water didn’t get as far as the cattle sheds and stables?

baubles Fri 22-Jan-21 08:37:41

Good morning Mick, morning all from s Lanarkshire where we still have lots of frozen snow and ice, it makes for interesting walking.

The scenes of flooding on TV were awful, I’m so sorry for those poor people.

No plans for today, I’ll potter about and see where the day takes me. DH isn’t too well again, he rang the GP yesterday and has another course of antibiotics, he’s been up every hour through the night poor soul.

Ah well Friday again and no weekend plans, it’s a funny old life in lockdown land.

Wishing everyone the best day possible.

Gingster Fri 22-Jan-21 08:43:19

Good morning and yes Sar And Grannygravy, it’s frosty and cold here in Essex. Should be nice and sunny today ?.

I woke in the night with a very painful tongue (of all things ?). It eased after a while, so I think I must have been biting it in my sleep ?. It seems fine now.

I’m making a list for DS1 to do my shopping tomorrow. I do miss going myself but he gets cross if I say ‘I’ll go’. I always forget to put something on the list, so I secretly go to the small store , just a 10 minute walk away. I also get my meat from the butchers and fruit/veg from local small shops.

There’s no sign of our bulbs peeping up in the flower tubs. I’m wondering now if we put any in ! ?. ?

The next door garden has a large fir tree right on our fence and it sways around a lot in the wind. We’re worried it will come down on our conservatory, so we must go round and speak to the neighbours. They’re a young couple who only moved in just before Christmas.

I’m enjoying The Bay and will probably binge watch it . What a beautiful area. I can’t remember which gran lives there but how lucky you are. Morecambe Bay, I think. ?

Thoughts go out to people who are flooded and those with the Virus. Also anyone feeling poorly or down in the dumps.
???

Gelisajams Fri 22-Jan-21 08:48:15

Good morning from a chilly but dry Morecambe Bay. Will do a bit of exercise then go out for a walk later. We may just drive out a couple of miles up the coast to get a change of scenery.
It’s strange how different men look when they shave Scentia My GD screamed then wouldn’t go near DS when he appeared without his beard. All the men she had seen had beards, except one of my other sons and she was always very wary of him!
Take care and stay safe everyone ?

harrigran Fri 22-Jan-21 08:51:10

Good morning from a very windy NE, it was a very noisy night.
Day 6 post vaccination and my shoulder is still painful.
Hairdresser contacted me about next week' s appointment, I said we should leave it until next month. I am surprised she was prepared to come to the house. Self employed and prepared to risk it, but I am not.
Stay safe.

hollysteers Fri 22-Jan-21 08:51:20

Hello Mick and all from the brightening northwest coast. Yes Mick, a quieter life can lead to the larder and the fridge. I’m a little plumper since last March, but bravely popping out today for cat food etc, Then a walk around the park. Such excitement!
Started a paperback of John Lennon’s Letters given to me by a rock and roll friend. A mixed bag, as you can imagine...
Sar53 , a nice nap is called for and thoughts to the worried or sick.
Have a nice day (as the Americans say)

Anniebach Fri 22-Jan-21 08:53:39

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

BlueSapphire Fri 22-Jan-21 08:56:34

Good morning everyone from a bright and frosty Northampton, feeling quite chilly. indoors, but one of the cats has just come to sit on my knee, so that will warm me up, along with my cup of tea.

DD came over yesterday and took me to have my vaccination. It was very well organised, and I was in and out in 5 minutes. Must now wait until immunity kicks in. Lots of peop!e there and the staff had everything running very well.

Will finish off my scarf today, and start on one for DD. I found a knitting kit that she had for Christmas several years ago and had never opened and that will keep me going for a while. I ordered some wool and a pattern on line yesterday to make myself a cardigan.

Apart from that no other plans for today.

Take care and stay safe everyone.

Gingster Fri 22-Jan-21 08:56:55

Oh yes Gelisajam it’s you who lives in Morecimbe Bay*. How lovely! ?

NannyJan53 Fri 22-Jan-21 08:59:57

Good morning from a very frosty Black Country with a clear blue sky.

Mum finally had her Covid vaccine yesterday. The appointment she thought was to look at her lump was for the vaccine. The queue was massive and finally, we waited outside in the cold for 50 minutes, well past the appointment time. At least it is now done.

Had a new contract from Estate Agent, as my tenant wants to stay another 12 months. Change in law means I now have to pay £75 for this. She has been there 6 months, so hopefully she is happy there.

Lovely and sunny today, so will be marching out on yet another walk!

Hope your tooth doesn't give you too much problem until you can see the Dentist NanKate. I had the same problem last year and it was 5 months before I could get it looked at.

Wishing you all a good day, my heart goes out to all who are feeling down and unwell. We will get through this flowers

grannysyb Fri 22-Jan-21 09:04:16

Good morning all, not a great night for me, hence the late start. Bright and sunny here, but a very hard frost last night. Change bed today and then walk to butcher, I'm sure that I'm not the only one who gets tired of thinking of what to cook. Must also make some more soup, we have it fo lunch every day. Hope all those waiting for their jabs and hospital appointments will get lucky, and that today is kind to all of us.

EllanVannin Fri 22-Jan-21 09:06:31

Good Morning All x.
Slight frost last night, bright start with a bit of cloud which is orange, reflected off the sun. Don't intend going anywhere though.

I don't know what's happened to D but I haven't heard anything and I haven't rang her in case the dog had to be put to sleep----which sadly looks the case with not hearing from her.
You know the saying " no news is good news ?" Not true in our family and never has been, so no news is and always has been an indication that all's not well. I'll await a visit !

I've learned over the years just to sit tight and hope for the best---usually expecting the worst so I'm well programmed for bad news. Not the ideal way but that's how it's always been, and what a good job I'm not the panicking type. smile

Highlight of the day, bringing the bins in grin Apart from that just the usual tidying up then a read of the paper.
The hovering helicopter woke me this morning before 7am, it sounded a bigger heavier one than usual unless it was the sea one.

Cats are all snoozing after their breakfasts and old Tom has retreated to his kennel after his. I honestly don't know how or what keeps him going living outside in all weathers. I never expect to find him alive after a heavy night frost even though he's under cover and snug in his kennel but he's a tough old man.

Easy fish and chips today but I really need a very big shop now or I'll be fading away on " things on toast " when I'm used to real cooking. I have £100 of M&S vouchers which need using.

Thoughts to Auntieflo today x, also anyone else who has appointments/ procedures. Also wishing Gagagran's family a speedy recovery and hello to Gilly.
Take great care everyone and stay safe. xx

Sparklefizz Fri 22-Jan-21 09:07:06

Morning Mick and everyone from a bright, sunny and extremely frost South Glos.

Love that joke, Justwidowed and laughed out loud and frightened the cat. Am I allowed to steal it?

Sorry you had the doorbell scare*Alygran*. Hope you looked out of the window first before going down to see what was going on.

Marydoll you seem to be doing an awful lot for someone who is "resting". Hope you can take it a bit easier over the next few days.

Sorry to hear about your broken tooth NanKate. What a pain teeth are as we get older, speaking from experience.

Hope to get out in the sunshine for a short walk this morning in between Amazon deliveries, then have a lovely long phone call booked for 4pm with an old college friend. We still manage to chat for 2 hours despite not doing much during lockdown, but it has been ever thus.

Take care, everyone, and thoughts to all who are troubled or unwell, and my heart goes out to those who are coping with floods. x

Kalu Fri 22-Jan-21 09:07:18

Good morning all from Glasgow where, although very chilly, we have a beautiful crimson sunrise. Makes such a difference to the start of the day and the snow has finally gone.

Some bits of ironing, my least favourite task and various other bits around the house that need attention. All this housework needing done is of course the fault of DH. A great one for putting something down with the intention of putting whatever it is, back where it should be, then forgets to do it! One instance, puts a dirty cup on the worktop, above the dishwasher. ?‍♀️ Strange logic. ?

Watching the news is very upsetting to see flooded areas. Having to deal with this, on top of everything else, must really feel like the last straw to those whose homes have been affected. What a dreadful time they are having to go through.

Best wishes for a good day to all and a better one, for all going through difficult times.

Auntieflo Fri 22-Jan-21 09:09:29

Good morning Mick, Annie, and all, from a very frosty bit of Berks.
To all my lovely GM friends, my PET scan appointment, was CANCELLED late on Wed. But yesterday, it was re-scheduled for next Friday. I was living on tenterhooks until I got a call around 6 pm, and had to go through a long list of questions, before I was finally booked for the scan, Whew. The poor phone was red hot yesterday, and later, when my friend called, the batteries gave out and cut her off!
But you couldn't make it up; the reason given to me, as to why today's appointment was cancelled, was that they didn't have my weight ( too much) and they couldn't read the Dr's name. Now that's the best set of excuses I've heard in a long time.

So many, many thanks for all the best wishes, I will treasure and save them for next week. ?

Sar, sorry to hear that you had a bad night. Take it easy today.
Marydoll, you are also given due notice to be good to yourself, put your feet up, and be pampered. Hope the curry is delicious. ?
You made me laugh Scentia, with your formerly hirsute DH chasing you for a kiss. Oh go on, give him one.
Beechnut, good luck with the petticoat, isn't that just a lovely word?
Keeping a lookout for our Gilly, and sending a Friday "YaY", and thinking of all those folk who have been affected by the flooding.
Best wishes to your DH Elizabeth, it takes ages to recover after pneumonia, and also to you as you get stronger.
To all who have friends and/ or relatives so poorly in hospital, I send gentle thoughts to you and those involved.
I must away mow and get ready for the day, so have a good day one and all.

Nannagarra Fri 22-Jan-21 09:21:08

Good morning from the Sefton coast where is it light, bright and not raining. It lifts the spirits.
Last week’s mini drama with outages is now over though the hole, trench actually, in the pavement continues to attract much attention. It makes me think of Bernard Cribbins singing ‘There I was a-digging a hole’ and ‘It was on a Monday morning the gas man came to call’. DH would love to get involved and stick his two penn’orth in!
Thoughts go to those who have been flooded, who are troubled and worried. Flowers and hugs to Auntieflo and travelsafar.
Have the best day that you can everyone. x

Justwidowed Fri 22-Jan-21 09:25:02

Sparklefizz of course you may share it .Here's another.

Georgesgran Fri 22-Jan-21 09:27:44

Good morning from Durham. I had to do a double take as it’s not only bright but also dry here.
Did a massive shop yesterday - no idea how long it will last as DH grazes between meals - a side effect of his meds.
SiL is bringing his and DDs dogs over soon - it gets them out of the way, whilst their cleaners work their magic. Dogs are handed over outside, like a hostage exchange! Will walk them later and probably take them home, to save DD coming to collect them.
Can’t believe another week over! Hoping to hear when DH can have his vaccine, but I’ll be in a different group.

Please stay safe and have the best day you can. X