Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(88 Posts)
12Michael Mon 25-Jan-21 06:07:13

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , but cold and icy outside after yesterdays snow in Brackley .
Today , some housework ,and hopefully some post this morning .
I am slowly going to go through meals premade in the freezer plus my Parsley Box range as well .
Take Care,
Mick

Auntieflo Mon 25-Jan-21 16:18:54

Just thought I would pop back in and say that the cushion covers are finished. YAY, as our Gilly would say. I even threw away the bits of left over fabric. Bin men tomorrow, so no changing my mind.
DH brought my lunch up to me whilst I was slaving working. But by the time I had finished, my back was letting me know it was time for a couple of pills.
With all the talk of Haggis, I am getting envious, as I completely forgot to buy one this year. So it will have to be the other half of yesterday's meat loaf. I will do chips for DH in the air fryer, that will please him.
Must ring my brother later, as I haven't heard how my sister in law is doing today, and whether she had her hop replacement.
Putting my feet up now, and catching up on GN.

Litterpicker Mon 25-Jan-21 14:05:08

Marydoll I really meant it to convey ‘109’ but, having been following this lovely thread for about a year now, that was probably also too low a number! Like others I enjoy your ‘near disaster’ stories very much and hope to enjoy them for a long time to come ?

Litterpicker Mon 25-Jan-21 14:00:39

Beauregarde That’s part of the trouble at the moment - some have too much to cope with and some of us are stuck unable to help out without breaking rules and risking spreading virus. Wishing you strength today if you have to carry water to your ‘girls’ and hoping the thaw comes quickly. Your DH is recovering well it seems so that’s good ?

Urmstongran Mon 25-Jan-21 13:11:49

I’m sure I’m not the only one on here who loves reading about the sheep and baby lambs born safely ... to then be eaten by the likes of me.
?

Marydoll Mon 25-Jan-21 12:45:59

Litterpicker, I am in negative numbers when it comes to ten lives!

My son was horrified when I told him.
When DD was at home we bought a fire blanket and small extinguisher, as she was always burning the dinner. I forgot we had it! blush

dragonfly46 Mon 25-Jan-21 12:41:57

We didn't get a letter - it was a phone call with half an hours notice!!

Beauregard Mon 25-Jan-21 12:40:43

Litterpicker there are three of us involved with the horse care - me, my DD and a livery. My DD is busy with work and family and the livery has little children and her DH isn't well, but helps where she can. I'm the one with more time so tend to deal with these things. I think DD thinks mum will cope as she always has done! Thanks for your concern.

Litterpicker Mon 25-Jan-21 12:25:59

Sorry, meant to say hope you nip chest infection in the bud GG13.
Marydoll ? You must be the cat with (10)9 lives!

Marydoll Mon 25-Jan-21 12:25:23

Exactly, Kalu! grin

Kalu Mon 25-Jan-21 12:22:56

Any colour will do Marydoll. ?

Litterpicker Mon 25-Jan-21 12:22:17

Beautiful blue sky and sunshine here in West Sussex. Had no snow here. GCs in south very jealous of pictures of Scottish cousins enjoying theirs.
Ordered new face masks and pulse oximeter online. Masks are higher rated ones that I thought would be good if have to go anywhere that distancing might be difficult. Hoping not to need oximeter.
For those who haven’t got Netflix and don’t mind swearing and sex, The Great on 4 has made us laugh on Sunday evenings. It is (very) loosely based on the story of Catherine the Great of Russia. Many glasses are smashed in every episode!
Beauregarde have you no neighbours who can help you? When we kept a few animals, years back, our farmer neighbours were very generous with help when needed.
Elizabeth prayers for you and DH. The trouble with (some) men is they don’t talk about their feelings. I have one like that!

Having to open ‘emergency’ tinned haggis as don’t want to go to supermarket who may or may not have any in. Hoping to watch some Burns night programming on BBC Scotland on the iPlayer. Happy Burns night to all.

Marydoll Mon 25-Jan-21 12:17:17

Disappointingly no envelope and it seems they are now white, the blue ones weren't ready! You were right Elizabeth! grin

CherryCezzy Mon 25-Jan-21 12:08:33

Good morning everyone. It's a bright crispy day in the Gower.

Astonishingly we actually had snow yesterday, and big flakes of it too. It snowed for over an hour, very unusual.

I had another bad night and fell out of bed again ?. The funny thing about it last night was that I thought I had taken the bed with me and was trying to put it back ?. Then I was wandering around the room trying to find it ?. Talk about postictal confusion!!

This morning we've had a 'mare with our printer and have been trying to photocopy a document to hand back a copy to a very impatient kitchen fitter. The printer was having none of it, grr. The fitter was not impressed but hey ho he should have his own copy!

We had another hiccup yesterday ?. We were sitting in the lounge whilst our dinner was cooking away in the slow cooker. All of a sudden we heard one almighty clatter coming from the kitchen ?. It shocked us both, not just the noise but because we both envisaged our dinner all over the floor and a broken crockpot to boot. It wasn't that, thank goodness, I was looking forward to my dinner. The kitchen blind had broken completely and clattered onto the sink drainer and bits of it has even made it onto the floor ?. Dinner was saved! A bit of a mess thought and food was delayed ?. Oh well, we'll need a new blind anyway once the kitchen has been done ?

See what the rest of today brings now! ?

? for those who need them today. I hope Pantglas and Taichinan are okay. Thinking of you Susan x

Stay safe and cosy everybody ❤️

Gwenisgreat1 Mon 25-Jan-21 12:02:01

For anyone feeling a bit down (and everyone else) something to lighten the mood!!
A golden Oldie!

youtu.be/LOy2GuaP8Mo

lovebeigecardigans1955 Mon 25-Jan-21 11:26:12

A late morning all from a bright South Notts where we have blue skies and some sunshine to make up for and hopefully melt the snow of yesterday which is ankle deep. Neighbours are playing snowballs so I'm glad someone enjoys it.

I don't feel as hopeless and depressed today and am trying to keep busy. So many of you have much worse troubles than me. Sometimes silly little things build up and feel overwhelming.

Hope all is well for everyone especially those with illness or worries.

Callistemon Mon 25-Jan-21 10:43:59

We've got SNOW!! It's a treat in Surrey.
Was that Box Hill on the news last night Craftycat? People were having fun sledging; I remember taking the DC there once many years ago when we lived near there.

readalot Mon 25-Jan-21 10:43:55

Mine are the same grandmattie.

Stilllearning Mon 25-Jan-21 10:42:13

Morning from S Lanarkshire, very cold but bright. I’m going to risk a walk to our local Tesco this morning, I am so annoyed about a couple of items I received in a delivery last night, one rotten potato out of a pack of four and a pack of nine crumpets (you started me on this addiction EllanVannin!), with a use by date today. I can’t bare to not use them so back they are going.
Last evening I had booked a ticket to watch one of the Celtic Connections shows, The Secret Sisters and The Kinnaris Quintet, they were both pleasant listening and I’m looking forward to my other choice on Wednesday, Cherish the Ladies. I go to see them every year and although it’s nothing like actually seeing them live, it’s good to feel you’re giving a little support. Hopefully next year!
Good wishes all x

Craftycat Mon 25-Jan-21 10:41:49

We've got SNOW!! It's a treat in Surrey. I don't think it will last the day out but it looked lovely yesterday. All 4 cats are loving it. Costing me a fortune in bird food though as the poor birds are very hungry today so all the feeders are being constantly filled up.

Callistemon Mon 25-Jan-21 10:40:53

Good morning Mick and everyone.

It's a beautiful, bright sunny day here in S Wales but looks rather treacherous underfoot so we may not venture out.

DH seems fine so far after having the vaccine on Saturday, he said he felt a bit tired and had a slight headache yesterday but that could be coincidence. I'm still waiting for a phone call - we've been told to expect to be summoned by phone here, not letter
I really should have used some foresight and ordered a haggis with the online grocery shop, surprisingly we used to go to some excellent Burns Suppers here in Wales a few years ago! It will be neaps, tatties and leftover beef casserole tonight instead.

I hope those who aren't well recover quickly, take care everyone.

Grandmadougal Mon 25-Jan-21 10:38:37

Good morning from a very cold but sunny Norfolk.

Care home rang yesterday and we can do a window visit to MiL at last. It’s so sad that residents are so isolated but for the right reasons.

Expecting parcel from DHL apparently I am the 80th drop off and he’s only at 53, modern technology is wonderful as I can plan my day around this.

Starting to think about seeds to grow soon, something to look forward to ?

amselerin I would love to look around the shops too, not even to buy anything just to have a sense of normality, soon hopefully.

Hope everyone has a good day.

HAZBEEN Mon 25-Jan-21 10:36:05

Good morning everyone from a bright but cold Surrey. There is still snow lying but the sun is out. According to Mr H its slippy underfoot and very cold, not that I will be venturing out today. Tomorrow I have a blood test at 8.35 before my telephone consultation next week. Now we see if the chemo is working.
Tomorrow is also my OHs 60th birthday, we had planned a trip away but thats on hold obviously. I will be 65 in April so hopefully later this year we can celebrate both!
Today I plan to post a load of things to sell on line. After the clear out at my neighbours and my rummage around the cupboards I have amassed a load of stuff! I will try to sell but if it doesnt go in a week or so its going on Freecycle! The car boot is already full of things for the charity shop but that isnt going anywhere soon!
Stay safe all!

Urmstongran Mon 25-Jan-21 10:32:42

I had only read as far as GG13 post when I said about Mr Grumpy Elizabeth. Its nice to hear that he apologised to you - as you say your stroke journey hasn’t been easy for either of you. I hope I didn’t offend. x

Mapleleaf Mon 25-Jan-21 10:26:55

Good morning all from a frosty but bright South Yorkshire.

Happy Burns Night wishes to all who celebrate it on GN. Hope you enjoy your haggis and neeps and tot of whisky ?.

As usual these days, nothing exciting on the agenda for today. Just the same old, same old.

Lovely to hear all your farming news Sheepandcattle. A very busy, but, I imagine, happy time for you at the moment with all the new arrivals. Thank you for finding the time to post and tell us all about it.

Take care everyone. ? for all of you with concerns, ill health or worries.

amselerin Mon 25-Jan-21 10:22:47

Good morning all, I sincerely hope that it is a good morning for you all. It is just 1 degree here, but that suits me fine. A little bit of snow would make my day. My little dog prefers to sleep under his blanket. I would love to take the bus into town today and wander about the empty streets, but there are no toiletts open, Just a few take aways and shops selling essentials.
I feel happy for all of you who have family close by. Hopefully all of this is soon behind us. I am enjoying every day reading all your posts, I would love to be beside the seaside but we can`t have everything.Be happy and have only good things happening to you.