Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(87 Posts)
12Michael Mon 25-Jan-21 06:07:13

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , but cold and icy outside after yesterdays snow in Brackley .
Today , some housework ,and hopefully some post this morning .
I am slowly going to go through meals premade in the freezer plus my Parsley Box range as well .
Take Care,
Mick

Scentia Mon 25-Jan-21 06:17:45

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire where it is still dark, very icy -8 and we have 4” of snow on the ground.
We won’t get out of our drive, or road so we will be walking up to the factory.
DSiL has to drive up to Scotland today, I do worry about him.
Please stay safe, warm and upright today my friends?

Kim19 Mon 25-Jan-21 06:36:49

Hello Michael and all. I have a couple of friends who are really poorly at the moment so I'm going to give a try to your parsley box and send them a selection to see if it can stimulate their appetites. Any other companies you would recommend, please? Hope you all have a pleasant day whatever that entails.

Greyduster Mon 25-Jan-21 06:44:39

Good. Owning, Michael and all GNs from a deep frozen South Yorkshire. Our heating was on when I got up at half past five to go to the bathroom. We usually turn it on by hand at the thermostat when we get up so it must have kicked in on the frost setting. Doesn’t bode well for the day. The only good thing is, as my mother was fond of saying, “it’s too cold for snow”! We were going to go out for a walk today but it’s hard work when the ground is frozen, and not a lot of fun. So, stay in and keep warm, I think. Have the best day you can folks.

Greyduster Mon 25-Jan-21 06:45:15

Good Owing??? Good Morning!!!!?

Beechnut Mon 25-Jan-21 06:45:42

Good Morning everyone from a cold and frosty Severnside. Most of yesterday’s snow has gone and the road looks icy.

Had a FaceTime with my daughter yesterday. We didn’t have much news to share though as we’ve not done much. Then my brother sent me some film footage of when my daughter was a toddler.

Today I’d like to do some crafting, there’s a few things whirring about in my head I’d like to try.

Stay safe and warm indoors unless it’s your vaccine day ?

Elizabeth1 Mon 25-Jan-21 06:48:30

Good morning all from a not so frosty day here on the east coast of Fife. There’s himself started off in a poor frame of mind it doesn’t take much for mr grumpy to turn up. I better keep mum else there will be little harmony in this house today. What’s a lady to do in these circumstances? I read the over 70’s in Scotland will be getting a white envelope starting today instead of a brown one to tell them when they’re getting their vaccine the post office it seems are to give these envelopes priority. Good luck everyone in getting these envelopes. If I can send a parcel to Japan in 3 days surely we can receive our white envelopes pretty quickly. Have a good day everyone be kind flowersto yourselves and others less fortunate

grandMattie Mon 25-Jan-21 06:55:59

Good morning from a dry, clear E Kent. The temp is +2 deg at the moment and we are promised sunshine.
Elizabeth, I understand that our envelopes will be blue over here, so they’re not confused with anything else.
Not a lot on today. Mr M likes his routine so we’re cleaning today. Hate it with a passion. Cold roast chicken, marmalade pudding. Some sewing.
Spoke to all DCs yesterday which was really nice. Had a photo of Iris sledging in 2” of snow...
Keep ☀️Sunshine in your hearts and a smile bolted on your faces. It WILL get better! Stay safe.

Dwmxwg Mon 25-Jan-21 07:08:04

Good morning from a sparkling north Surrey, thick frost and snow underfoot maybe a bit lethal for walking the dog
Yesterday the snow started whilst I was out with the dog and it was lovely to see his reaction, he was trying to catch the snowflakes as they fell
DH had his first vaccination, all done smoothly
In the afternoon/evening we binge watched Bridgerton. Loved it and can’t wait for the next series now
Lots of snowman photos shared on our family WhatsApp group. Good for the youngsters to be able to be out enjoying themselves, doing something a bit different in theses restricted times
Wishing all a safe and warm day. Missing Pantglass and Taichinan, hope they are both ok

grandMattie Mon 25-Jan-21 07:09:37

Joke for the day.
“My going-out clothes have missed me so much! I put the on yesterday, they hugged me so tightly, I could barely breathe.” ???

dragonfly46 Mon 25-Jan-21 07:16:38

Good morning from our winter wonderland in Leicestershire.

We have a good depth of snow so fortunately don’t have to go anywhere.

GrandMattie ?

GrannyGravy13 Mon 25-Jan-21 07:21:24

Good morning Mick and all

Very cold and frosty here in S E Essex.

I think I am getting a chest infection, (I have asthma) progressively wheezy yesterday and feel ropey this morning. So it will be hanging on the phone for the doctor later.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️

Sparklefizz Mon 25-Jan-21 07:24:13

Good morning Mick and all GNs from icy South Glos. Most of yesterday's snow has gone but the remains have iced over.

I had a lovely family Zoom yesterday afternoon and the weekend flew by although I don't seem to have achieved much. Note to self: housework.

Glad you enjoyed Bridgerton Dwmx. We all need a bit of lighthearted "froth" at the moment and it was beautifully filmed.

Stay safe everyone, and special thoughts to those who are struggling on unwell. x

GrannyGravy13 Mon 25-Jan-21 07:26:32

Wishing all our Scottish posters a merry Burns Night ?

Sar53 Mon 25-Jan-21 07:30:55

Good morning from a frosty Essex by the sea. We didn't have any snow yesterday although DD2 in Kent had a smattering and DD1 in Warwickshire had a fair bit. Lots of photos of the DGD's enjoying themselves.
DD2 has to go to for a Covid test today and pre-OP checks prior to her operation on Thursday. The operation is at a London hospital so she has to go there for the test. Her DH is going to drive their camper van so he and 3 year old DGD can sit and have lunch in the car park whilst they wait.
DH has a light fitting to change today and I have some housework to do then probably a walk to blow the cobwebs away.
Have the best Monday you can, find a ? and stay safe everyone xx

Sar53 Mon 25-Jan-21 07:31:43

I hope you feel better soon GG13 xx

Grammaretto Mon 25-Jan-21 07:35:21

Good morning all from the freezing Scottish Borders.

It's Burn's Night and I know what's on the menu. I have a vegetarian haggis and shall say the Selkirk grace:

Some hae meat and canna eat,
And some wad eat that want it
But we hae meat, and we can eat,
Sae let the Lord be thankit.

Still much ice and deep snow so I won't venture far especially as my df fell and broke her wrist at the weekend and was told at the hospital that she was one of over 90 with fractures.

I love your joke grandMattie grin

All the very best for DD's operation Sar
Stay extra safe today please everyone.

NanKate Mon 25-Jan-21 07:37:47

Morning Mick and All.

The snow was topped up here overnight in South Bucks. We are not used to all this white stuff here in the south. Lovely to watch the children playing in it yesterday morning whilst I had my coffee.

I impressed my elder DGS nearly 10 with my up to date footie knowledge. I told him to look on YouTube at the match between Cheltenham and Newport to see the goalie kick the ball which went right down to the other end of the pitch and straight into the opposing goal. ?‍♂️⚽️

My qigong session on Zoom today

Ashcombe Mon 25-Jan-21 07:43:26

Good morning to you all from a clear and frosty Torbay! ?

Scentia: I heard from my DS about the severe weather in Staffs last night. His kind boss allowed those with a distance to travel to leave at 6.00 p.m., rather than when the shift ended at 10.30 p.m. He had an horrendous journey from Wednesbury to Rugeley, finally abandoning his car and walking the last mile which is up a very steep hill.

My GP adjusted my heart tablets a few days ago and I am sleeping well, hence my increasingly late appearances on here!

Another week begins and I’m looking forward to seeing the blue envelope grandMattie! Thanks for the joke - good to start the week with a smile. Stay safe, my friends. ?

Jaxjacky Mon 25-Jan-21 07:45:20

Good morning all, it’s very frosty and iced over the snow remnants, woke to hear someone scraping their car, glad it wasn’t me. Hopefully it will all defrost later and I can get out for a walk, housebound yesterday, but enjoyed watching the snow fall. I’m going to spend part of the day ‘de-wiring’ my bras after advice from the breast clinic last week. Mr J is getting restless with no work and no projects in the house, he likes to be active.
Have a safe day all.

brook2704 Mon 25-Jan-21 07:47:01

Good morning everyone from Inverness where we’ve still got crunchy snow outside, it’s not going anywhere at all.
Yesterday I had a lovely face time call with DS, it’s well over a year since I’ve seen him as he lives in Switzerland, I’m missing him loads and I’ve no way of knowing when we’ll be able to meet up again. But as soon as it’s allowed we will!
DD2 messaged yesterday asking if I’d like to meet for a short walk this morning with the DGC, so that’s the plan for today. She’s finding that breaking up the homeschooling day by getting outside for a short while helps with stress levels so that’s a good thing
It was lovely to hear lots of happy people getting out in the snow a bit yesterday - sounds like Iris is doing so well if she’s been out sledging grandmattie?
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope the day is kind and take care all whatever today brings?

Pittcity Mon 25-Jan-21 07:49:05

Good morning from a below freezing Colchester. The forecast snow hasn't materialised but it's icy out. I can hear my neighbour scraping their car.
DH has a dental appointment and I would normally walk into town with him. Today he goes alone. I will give him a list of things that I can't get in Lidl.
Otherwise another lockdown day of pottering about here.

Grandmabatty Mon 25-Jan-21 07:50:47

Good morning all from a very cold Polmont. It says -1 but a real feel of -6 and it does feel significantly cold this morning. Another disturbed night for me. Next door have a security light which keeps going on. I'm assuming it has very sensitive settings. The light shines right in my bedroom. Normally it doesn't bother me but it was annoying me last night. Poor man is in hospital after a stroke so I'll have to put up with it. I didn't mean to start with a moan! Grannygravy I hope you are okay. Sat ? for your dd. My beef olives and haggis didn't arrive from Tesco yesterday so I had roast chicken instead. DD has invited me to share their haggis and stay for tea when I drop off dgs and I gladly accepted. I'm in their household so it's ok. I'm looking forward to a change to the routine. Back to two days babysitting duties which I'm both sad and glad about. He's such a loving,funny wee man he makes me happy. He also exhausts me! I'm off to have coffee number two then gird my loins to scrape the car. Happy Burns Day to all. A man who was known for his poetry around the world. A social commentator and a lover of his fellow man (and women) .

Grandmabatty Mon 25-Jan-21 07:51:36

Should say Sar blooming predictive text.

brook2704 Mon 25-Jan-21 07:52:57

Thank you for the footy tip nankate I hope to impress my DGS later ...... ?