Gransnet forums

Chat

Older neighbours making me smile...

(35 Posts)
vampirequeen Mon 25-Jan-21 11:05:22

...because they can't wait to tell us (old but much younger) neighbours that they've had their first jab and the date they'll be having the second. They're wearing it like a badge of honour grin

NotSpaghetti Mon 25-Jan-21 20:24:40

Ladyleftfieldlover I'm pleased you have had yours in your late 60s but I don't think it's that your surgery is necessarily more efficient. No vaccine at all had arrived in my mother-in-law's area until 18th I understand.

According to the radio today one in five over 80s are still waiting. This does mean that four in five have had it but also means the roll-out is very uneven.

crazyH Mon 25-Jan-21 20:11:43

I haven’t decided what to wear yet .....

welbeck Mon 25-Jan-21 20:06:40

if everyone proudly wears their,
i've had my covid vaccination,
sticker, maybe it will encourage the doubters to do the same.

GranEd Mon 25-Jan-21 19:55:56

We had our jabs, were labelled with the time we could leave,and asked if we’d like a sticker.

Like a couple of toddlers who’d just seen the dentist we chorused ‘Yes please’! ???

We’re easily pleased ?.

This is mine. It’s now stuck on my phone.

Bet you’re all jealous!?

EllanVannin Mon 25-Jan-21 18:23:09

Sit ? Someone said.
I stood up for the vaccination, put my coat back on and went straight out grin A rushed job.

NotSpaghetti my 2nd is in March. Date to be arranged.

Ladyleftfieldlover Mon 25-Jan-21 18:22:58

Lots of people I know have it. OH and I had ours at the weekend. We are in our late 60s but our Health Centre is being incredibly efficient so has already moved into group 5. The only sticker I got was the time when I was allowed to leave after my 15 minute rest. The surgery are using a disused gym to carry out the vaccines and it looks rather bleak and futuristic. Younger son accompanied us and took photos for prosperity of the outside complete with melting snow, and posters blowing gently in the dusk.

vampirequeen Mon 25-Jan-21 18:08:18

I'm going to sulk now. I never got a sticker when I had my flu jab. And I was really brave....only cried for 10 minutes sad.

Parsley3 Mon 25-Jan-21 14:44:55

Splendid. Quite a number of my friends had letters today with appointment times early next month. I am delighted and am looking forward so receiving mine.

sharon103 Mon 25-Jan-21 14:38:27

Aww bless 'em smile

Grandma70s Mon 25-Jan-21 14:31:55

I’m almost 81 and nobody’s offered me the vaccine yet.

Blossoming Mon 25-Jan-21 14:30:38

I feel happy for anybody who has had the jab, the faster it is rolled out the better, for ALL of us.

NotSpaghetti Mon 25-Jan-21 14:28:40

My 96yr old mother-in-law has just had her first vaccine. The paperwork she was given said she must have her second dose in three weeks. She is adamant that this will happen because her information says so (even though we explained the 12 werks).

Kim19 Mon 25-Jan-21 14:22:00

I'm SO delighted for them and everyone else who has been jabbed. Reluctantly admit to being a little bit envious. My day will come........

annodomini Mon 25-Jan-21 14:14:58

I have a sticker, but it's inside my phone case along with the card giving the date and batch of my vaccination. I'm certainly not going to wear it on my coat. Who do they think we are? 6-year-olds?

lemongrove Mon 25-Jan-21 13:54:45

Lemsip yes, we had those stickers, and I was amused to see several people in the 15 min waiting area had actually stuck it on their coat.I just noted the time then screwed it up in my pocket.I thought that magnificent coloured stickers had been awarded to some.?
Lucca yes, I had a good swig of the vodka in my hip flask before and after.

Nightsky2 Mon 25-Jan-21 13:54:28

I’ll be happy with either a sticker or a lollipop after I have my jab on Friday.

Callistemon Mon 25-Jan-21 13:47:55

I shan't be apologising when I get mine.
If ever at this rate.
Much younger people than me have had it already.

But hey ho, lucky for them!

lemsip Mon 25-Jan-21 13:42:34

I had a sticker with time of jab clearly on it so that the person manning the place where we had to sit for 15min before able to leave, knew when we could safely leave. Then it was binned of course.

Lucca Mon 25-Jan-21 13:38:54

lemongrove

What are these stickers you speak of??
I didn’t get one, nor DH , we were jabbed without so much as a lollipop.

I trust you abstained from alcoholic refreshment before and after ?? It has been mooted as a requirement.....

Sara1954 Mon 25-Jan-21 13:35:32

Be happy for them, I can’t understand why anyone wouldn’t be.

pensionpat Mon 25-Jan-21 13:32:05

It was exciting to be invited for my vaccination. In addition to being a legitimate reason to go somewhere. Anywhere. It felt like the beginning of the end. ?

lemongrove Mon 25-Jan-21 13:28:37

What are these stickers you speak of??
I didn’t get one, nor DH , we were jabbed without so much as a lollipop.

rockgran Mon 25-Jan-21 13:23:46

I feel that anyone getting the vaccine is a step towards freedom for all of us.

Kamiso Mon 25-Jan-21 13:16:52

Good news is not welcome by the GN hit squad! We are supposed to wallow in misery until the left wing stop stabbing each other in the back and start to remember they are supposed to be in opposition to the Conservatives, not each other!

Starting to hear of people younger than us getting the vaccine locally but presume they have some underlying condition.

I’ll be relieved when our time comes.

Lucca Mon 25-Jan-21 12:58:58

FannyCornforth

Oh don't get me started.
I've done a similar thread.
Although it is 100 % a wonderful thing, the vaccine has come a little bit late for some (many) people.
I do wish people would show some empathy and tact.

Surely we can share good news Fanny ?