Gransnet forums

Chat

What will you do?

(124 Posts)
Berylsgranny Wed 27-Jan-21 14:10:15

What is top of your list once this is all over?

BGB31 Thu 28-Jan-21 10:41:45

Cuddle my grandsons! Just cannot wait. Makes me tearful just thinking about it.

SillyNanny321 Thu 28-Jan-21 10:46:37

Have a day out with my Grandchildren & see my friends again!

annodomini Thu 28-Jan-21 10:55:25

See my five grandchildren under one roof and have a big family party. Then meet up with cousins - I'm now the second oldest of my generation and it would be good to see the others before it's too late. If National Trust properties open up this summer, I can again enjoy their beautiful gardens.

deanswaydolly Thu 28-Jan-21 10:57:23

Hug my children Cuddle my grand babies Fly off to see daughter and family who moved to Lanzarote 19 months ago.....I get very very low.

Craftycat Thu 28-Jan-21 11:07:53

Hug all 6 of my DGC even if they don't want hugging!!

Happysexagenarian Thu 28-Jan-21 11:09:09

Will it ever be 'all over'? Despite vaccines, lockdowns and restrictions I think we could be living with this virus in varying degrees for many years. So long as people continue to travel, locally and internationally, the virus will also travel. Only when an actual cure is found for it will we have a chance of eradicating it.

What will I do when it's 'all over' ? I'll say a little prayer of thanks that my family is still safe, assuming that they are of course, then head off to my favourite shoe shop (I hope they haven't closed down) where I can actually try on shoes. I'll get my hair cut, and then meet with our children and grandchildren.

Nellie54 Thu 28-Jan-21 11:11:01

See family, hugs all round.
Go to Canada to see there daughter and granddaughters.
Meet friends for a monthly meet.
Enjoy freedom.?

Gwenisgreat1 Thu 28-Jan-21 11:16:32

For me - a big family get together with lot's of hugs for the GC, and DDs

B9exchange. I agree, My DH and I have had vaccine1, 3 weeks after we've had vaccine2 I think we will have the choice of leading a 'normal' life which could mean we are immune, but could pass virus to others. Or we could still shield but see and help our DDs with their children with minimum risk to ourselves, which hopefully would make life less distressing for them?

ayse Thu 28-Jan-21 11:21:10

Visit to my daughter and grandchildren in the SW of England. She’s in a depression and maybe a visit would help. Hopefully international flight to NZ next January without quarantine. Unfortunately my time needs to be divided between the children and grandchildren. Having to use time to quarantine is neither affordable nor possible just now.

The very top of my list is spending time and having a holiday with DH. He is currently in hospital slowly recovering from Covid-19. I will be so glad when he is home and safe.

Babs758 Thu 28-Jan-21 11:26:07

Ayse I wish him the best of recovery. Must be scary for you.

For me, visit my lovely family in Ledbury - we meet up 3 times a year and all miss each other.
Go to a few nice restaurants with friends - I am making a list
Start taking advantage of my one day off a week
Go and visit my friends on a certain holiday isle..

At the moment though I can see this going on for another 6 months to a year but hopefully things will improve. Lockdown has certainly worked in my neck of the woods.

LynneH Thu 28-Jan-21 11:30:19

For me, it will be mostly over when the immune systems of the vulnerable - myself included - have kicked in properly. My first priority will be for my DH and I to see my mil, without a screen, and give her a proper hug. Then, I desperately need a haircut; it's been more than a year since I've had anything other than a diy lop. I want to go out for dinner, and maybe have a couple of days away in this country.

Alioop Thu 28-Jan-21 11:45:32

A lunch with my friends, plus to go to all our shows that have been rescheduled. "Grease" is booked for April so that is another that we will not be going to, hopefully the date will changed and not cancelled as I'll be gutted.

Foxglove77 Thu 28-Jan-21 11:48:23

I want to go to the coast (in England) and walk along a sandy beach, paddle in the sea and pick up some seashells. Buy a lovely 99 ice cream and finish off the day with fish and chips.

Whatdayisit Thu 28-Jan-21 11:54:37

Hug everyone i see then prepare for all the nasty bugs i will pick up that we haven't had because of SD!

beverly10 Thu 28-Jan-21 11:55:00

Breathe a huge sigh of relief.

Mapleleaf Thu 28-Jan-21 12:16:03

Catch up with family and friends not seen for over a year, celebrate all the significant birthdays and anniversaries that had to put on hold, go back to all the groups I belong to, go to the concerts and on the trips that had to be cancelled/re-scheduled and most importantly of all, be hugely grateful to see the back of this dreadful pandemic.

grandtanteJE65 Thu 28-Jan-21 12:28:50

As soon as all the ordinary shops and DIY stores are open again, we will be buying paint and wallpaper and get started on the decorating that the house sadly needs.

I shall spend a whole day just wandering up and down the main street in Flensburg looking at shops and will go in and drink a cup of coffee in my favourite coffee bar.

Once the decorating is done, I shall invite an old school-friend whom I haven't seen since we were 18 for a visit.

We got back in touch due to lockdown blues. The only good thing to come out of all this.

If lockdown and restrictions end in summer, we will go camping.

Whenever it ends, I hope DS and DIL will come for a visit.

Helenlouise3 Thu 28-Jan-21 12:30:39

Apart from hug all my family, then have a haircut, go for a spin, have a nice meal out, or even a coffee and have a much longed for holiday.

Mumsyface Thu 28-Jan-21 12:51:53

Trisha 57 - don’t forget the croquet set on the lawn ?

Growing0ldDisgracefully Thu 28-Jan-21 12:58:36

Just go back to all of the things denied us because of the virus and lockdowns. However I fear that won't be until at least well into next year - I think we will have to write off this year as well.
Another poster had asked how we will define it as over. For me that would be the end to all restrictions, eg meeting with friends, live music events and festivals, no travel restrictions within the UK, and no face masks. Just off out now to the grim task of supermarket shop. Bad enough in normal times, but with our faces swaddled in a mask. Ugh.

Mumsyface Thu 28-Jan-21 13:15:17

This is the subject of zoom and phone discussions between myself and my dgc. As I live in Spain, and have worked abroad since before any of them were born we were already skilled at international communication. However, the teenagers should have been doing gcse this year so planning and fantasising about the future is good therapy. I am going to take a train to the north of Spain, ferry to Plymouth and hug my Devon son and dgc over and over until they beg me stop. Then I’m going to buy a small camper van and drive around the UK visiting everyone I know and hugging them breathless. This tour will include a family get together to celebrate my mums life, as she is one of many who died last year and couldn’t have a proper family funeral. Then I plan to fly to Darwin, see the city, and then take the Ghan train across the centre of Australia with a stop of at Alice springs and continue on to Canberra to visit my son and his family , who will also get hugged almost into extinction. That’ll keep me busy for a while ?

Notright Thu 28-Jan-21 13:23:36

Go to the sea for a couple of days - hopefully friend or family will want to come with me.
Take my daughter and husband, two grandchildren and their partners to dinner wherever they choose.
Get someone in to Spring clean my flat.
Finish all the things I started during lockdown thinking I had forever to do that. Mostly do with writing.

NonnaW Thu 28-Jan-21 13:24:57

I was only thinking this morning while walking the dogs, I should make a list of local restaurants to eat at when we can.
See my 3 sons and my sister, my 3stepchildren and 2 grandsons and give the little boys big hugs.

Joesoap Thu 28-Jan-21 13:33:31

Have a BBQ with my entire family and huge hugs all round,I hope it will be this coming summer

GrauntyHelen Thu 28-Jan-21 13:33:32

Visit my family who I haven't seen since December 2019 Go out with friends and get some respite from my caring responsibilities