Gransnet forums

Chat

What have you stopped doing since lockdown?

(148 Posts)
Foxglove77 Wed 27-Jan-21 14:37:55

As I only venture out for essentials now, I have stopped wearing a bra! I have always found them uncomfortable but felt it was a requirement in the office. No more sore points from the underwire! Bliss. Have you given up on something you thought important before the pandemic?

Wheniwasyourage Wed 27-Jan-21 15:13:00

Wearing my contact lenses unless it's raining. My not-very-short sight means I can see fine at home and I wear my glasses for TV and if we go for a walk.

B9exchange Wed 27-Jan-21 15:15:01

Not wearing 'office type' clothes. Not wearing make up. My mother would be horrified!

Greyduster Wed 27-Jan-21 15:16:58

Getting up early for a day out!

Grannybags Wed 27-Jan-21 15:47:22

Wearing makeup. There was a time when I wouldn't put the bin out without a bit of lipstick....!

Tea3 Wed 27-Jan-21 15:48:18

Swimming. Really miss it.

Tweedle24 Wed 27-Jan-21 15:54:55

Not wearing make-up, except for the occasional Zoom session. I haven’t worn perfume for months either and used to feel undressed without it; there is nobody here to smell it except me.

felice Wed 27-Jan-21 15:59:37

Same as you Foxglove, although I have a couple of sports crop tops which I wore in the summer under tops when out walking..
I think I am wearing more make-up, I tend to look a bit peely-wally on camera and after comments from my lovely sons!! I have started putting on a bit of slap.
I fact I bought a Mascara when out shopping on Monday.

Maggiemaybe Wed 27-Jan-21 16:28:20

All of the above, apart from swimming and the bra!

And wearing jewellery, apart from earrings every now and then to avoid having to be pierced again when we’re out of the tunnel.

Jaxjacky Wed 27-Jan-21 16:31:15

I’ve stopped wearing perfume too, never wear make up. Kept the bra but de-wired them after advice st breast clinic.

Berylsgranny Wed 27-Jan-21 17:11:28

Don't put earrings in, only put make-up on if I going out shopping which is very rare at the moment. Never have I felt so negative about how I look at the moment. I hope my enthusiasm for sprucing up returns - soon .

Madgran77 Wed 27-Jan-21 18:43:09

*Wearing a bra! (suspect that will change in the summer, when wearing a T-shirt!!)
*Wearing earrings - lost one when taking off my mask!
*Absolutely minimal make up compared to previously

Eviebeanz Wed 27-Jan-21 18:57:29

Have also ditched the bra but wearing stretch bra tops.

Treebee Wed 27-Jan-21 19:10:36

I’ve stopped wearing my engagement and eternity rings, and my watch.

BlueSky Wed 27-Jan-21 20:33:20

Same as above. No bras, no make up (just moisturiser) no earrings (they interfere with mask and glasses), no rings, no perfume. In fact I stay in my dressing gown till I go out for my walk in the afternoon.

crazyH Wed 27-Jan-21 20:36:43

Stopped wearing bras

JackyB Wed 27-Jan-21 20:39:32

I tried to leave off deodorant - I thought, why bother? - but I found I didn't like the smell inside my top, so I reverted to using it.

No way would I leave off my bra, although I don't change it quite so often. All that flopping around would drive me mad, and they'd probably stretch until they banged my knees.

mamaa Wed 27-Jan-21 20:50:35

All sounds very familiar- no longer wear makeup, wear earrings now and again to avoid holes closing, put engagement and eternity rings on just the other day- haven’t worn them since the summer when we had lunch out a couple of times. Have lived in my Skechers- not worn proper shoes since last March...it’s quite depressing really isn’t it?

GagaJo Wed 27-Jan-21 20:51:46

Swimming
Driving
Eating out
Coffee shops
Sex
Shopping
Soft play

Blossoming Wed 27-Jan-21 20:51:53

Going out

Tangerine Wed 27-Jan-21 21:19:42

Wearing perfume
Wearing lipstick - just use lip gloss or lip salve

Georgesgran Wed 27-Jan-21 21:20:18

JackyB - that flopping’s stuck in my imagination now!! I need to keep my bits under control as well.

Ashcombe Wed 27-Jan-21 21:22:29

Travelling to France where my DH lives. ☹️ We were last together in October, 2020.

Iam64 Wed 27-Jan-21 21:35:22

I’m another with no bra or makeup. Just like in my teens except two stone heavier.
No ear rings - pre lockdown I wore them every day.
No jewellery
I wear trainers, walking boots and wellies.

Not seen or hugged friends.
Don’t do my usual day a week care of young grandchildren

Jane43 Wed 27-Jan-21 22:41:26

Stopped wearing earrings since I lost two due to putting my mask on and taking it off
Stopped having my hair coloured
Stopped going shopping every other day
Stopped having a coffee and breakfast on Saturdays with DH on the days we went food shopping
Stopped train journeys to meet friends for a day out in Milton Keynes, Birmingham or Chester
Stopped occasional visits to the cinema or meeting for lunch with my lovely granddaughter
Stopped clothes shopping and browsing in the shopping centre
Stopped going to Torquay for a few days to visit my lovely sister-in-law
Stopped visits to the library
Stopped meeting the two youngest grandchildren from school once a week