Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday in Mick's absence.

(102 Posts)
Marydoll Thu 28-Jan-21 07:26:17

As is the norm when Mick doesn't or is unable appear, one of the regulars starts the thread.
Good morning all.

grandMattie Thu 28-Jan-21 08:11:38

Good morning from a grey E Kent.
Hope all is well with the regular OP.
Feeling very annoyed with DH. He has been crowing about his vaccine appointment since Tuesday. To add insult to injury, he received “the Letter” yesterday and could have had the shot this afternoon. I don’t I’ll get mine for awhile yet. Don’t get me wrong, I’m delighted for him, but does he really need to rub it in?
Spanish class today, not feeling in the mood at all.
Hope today brings ☀️and ?into your hearts. Stay safe.

Scentia Thu 28-Jan-21 08:21:48

Marydoll. I will say a prayer for your friend’s DD. I know my own DD is getting extremely anxious as she is 5 months pregnant and has no idea what it will go to her if she gets it so she is refusing to go out the door and getting a bit obsessed with me washing my hands if I go to help her out, it is a worrying time❤️

Jaxjacky Thu 28-Jan-21 08:27:51

Good morning all from a very mild S Coast. Hoping Mick is fine, thanks Marydoll for opening, good luck tomorrow and your friends GD is in my thoughts. Happy Anniversary Sars and best wishes to your daughter, GG hopefully a few antibees will sort you out.
Like others, food delivery this afternoon, it hurled down with rain overnight, so any, even minor garden; work is out. I’ve defrosted the remnants of the Christmas turkey, it’ll be curry for tonight.
Wishing you all a gentle day.

Pittcity Thu 28-Jan-21 08:28:17

Good morning from a comparatively warm, damp Colchester.
I woke early and went back to sleep when DH left to go fishing. I will change the bed and mop the kitchen. Otherwise nada until tonight's online family quiz.
Fingers crossed that Mick is OK.

Grammaretto Thu 28-Jan-21 08:29:42

Good morning Mick (if you are here?) and all who follow from the Scottish Borders where snow is still lying and we expect more.
I am so dreadfully sad for your df's DGD and baby. Marydoll

I had a bad night with toothache and have called the dentist to leave a message. I am still drugged up with painkillers and the tooth is now fine.
How I will get there is another challenge. Probably a taxi.
My car has been set in ice at the foot of the drive since Christmas.

An important day for you Sar53. I hope your DD's op goes well. I hope you can celebrate this evening.
Gagagran thinking of your family too.
I am still just using a side light as the centre bulb has blown. It's a two person job to replace . I wonder how people managed before electric light? Was their eyesight much better?

I have a zoom meeting with my solicitor later and then my Gaelic class. Nuff said about progress with that. I am also doing duolingo which is fun. No homework!

Have as best a day as you can everyone.

Marydoll Thu 28-Jan-21 08:30:43

Thank you so much, Scentia. My friend was in tears last night. This young woman has gone through so much to have this baby.
I will keep your daughter in my prayers too, as I'm sure others on here will.

GM, my DH and neighbours all have the letters. DH feels so guilty that I haven't mine yet, although I should have had it. I'm just pleased to know he will be getting it next week.
I will be allowed to drive again next week, so I shall drive him. I can't believe it, two days out in a fortnight. My cup runneth over!! ?

Lins1066 Thu 28-Jan-21 08:32:30

Good morning Mick and all from a very soggy S Welsh coast, very heavy rain last night. Our lawn is like a paddy field, poor puppy having to go out for his early morning constitutional in this. Thank you for opening up Marydoll and hope your hospital appointment goes well tomorrow.
Happy Anniversary Sar that was a quick two years, enjoy your Chablis.
Hope you feel better soon GG flowers , also Gagagran's family flowers
Mr Lins has performed his Jeeves act and brought me a mug of tea, I didn't sleep much last night so I hope to settle down with a book later.
Best wishes to everyone and stay safe.

dragonfly46 Thu 28-Jan-21 08:39:58

Gosh just woken up, where is Mck?
Misty here in Leicestershire.

I felt very discombobulated all day yesterday - could it have been late reaction to the vaccine I wonder, achey and headache!

Happy Anniversary Sar and ?for your DD.

Hopefully nothing planned today after the stresses of earlier in the week.
My DD sent me the book The Dog, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse as she thought it could help me - I found it magical.

I will now go and read the rest of the threads.
Hope everyone has the best day possible.

ginny Thu 28-Jan-21 08:40:07

Good Morning all. Hoping all is well with Mick .
Had lovely ( phone) chats with all 3 DDs.
Lots of giggles with DD 3 who is 6 months pregnant. We were talking about names and it got very silly. Good fun.
Empty diary as usual . Maybe a short walk if the rain holds off. Otherwise odd jobs and then on to crafting.
Caring thoughts to all who are worried of ill.
I hope you all find a ?today.

Lins1066 Thu 28-Jan-21 08:43:54

I hope all goes well for your daughter's operation Sar.
I will keep your friend's daughter in my thoughts and prayers Marydoll, an awful situation for her and her family. A hug for your daughter too Scentia this should be a happy time for her.

harrigran Thu 28-Jan-21 08:49:52

Good morning from a grey and wet NE.
Grocery delivery was fine yesterday with only kitchen towels missing.
Washing and ironing all done yesterday which gives us a day to relax today.
My sister rang for a long chat but being the popular person she is her other phone rang and she cut short our conversation.
DS messaged to say they had booked their summer holiday and sent me a link, a beautiful house in Wales, I do hope they get to travel there. They did manage two weeks on Harris last August without any problems.
Skype call with the family tonight where GD 2 will hopefully play the violin for us.

Mapleleaf Thu 28-Jan-21 08:53:31

Good morning all,

I hope Mick is alright and that it is just computer problems he has.

It’s very wet here this morning, and it rained heavily through the night.

Thinking of your friend and her daughter, * Marydoll*. It’s a very worrying and frightening time.
Sar thinking of you, too.

Pilates this morning, then I’ll see what happens as the day unfolds.

To all with illness, worries, or unhappiness I send you my very best wishes. ?

Take care.

gillgran Thu 28-Jan-21 08:54:26

Good morning to you all from a very wet Cambs., Our back garden is like a mini lake, on the side border the brave snowdrops are under water, I hope they survive.

Thank you Marydoll & Kittylester , I, too, hope Mick is OK.
Sorry that so many have extra worries & problems, I'm thinking of you all.flowers

We have an Occado delivery this morning, then our car will get a rare run out (20+miles) for DH to get his first dose of the vaccine.

Take Care Folks.

Anniebach Thu 28-Jan-21 08:59:02

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Sparklefizz Thu 28-Jan-21 09:04:32

Good Morning everyone from a wet South Glos. Hoping Mick is ok, and thanks Marydoll and KittyLester for opening up.

I'm in a lot of pain this morning with the arthritis and osteoporosis in my back so feeling a bit low. Wish the weather would brighten up.

I've got a Sainsbury's delivery this morning, other than that I need to move around quite a bit to loosen up. Like the idea of your "heaven rain" NanKate.

So many of us have added worries and problems - special thoughts to all flowers flowers

GrannySomerset Thu 28-Jan-21 09:06:31

We are up and about early because the lovely Debbie is coming to cut DH’s remaining hair. She will look like a spaceman and the kitchen windows are already open (DH complaining bitterly). Then I have a Zoom WI book group to talk about “A Suitable Boy. We have had two months to read this massive tome so I hope everyone has finished it but have my doubts.

Hope all is well with Mick and that we all have a good day.

Greyduster Thu 28-Jan-21 09:06:47

Good morning all GNs and Michael in absentia. Hope you’re okay Mick and back with us soon. It’s murky and wet in South Yorkshire so we won’t be going out. I got some skirt steak yesterday so I’m making Cornish pasties to cheer up GS and his dad.
Happy anniversary Sar ?? and best wishes for your DD.
Have the best day you can folks.

Auntieflo Thu 28-Jan-21 09:07:07

Good morning Marydoll, and thank you for starting the thread. Also to the others who started other threads in the light of Mick being missing. I do hope that he is OK and it is only computer glitches that have kept him away.
See Marydoll, the old brain cells can still astonish us. Clever girl.
This is such a lovely, caring group, and we all benefit from each other in so many ways.
Prayers for your friends GD and baby Marydoll, and Sar53, to your DD also.
Are you feeling a little better Gramaretto, this morning, flowers to you.
Beechnut, here's a shoulder for your leaky eyes.
I didn't get around to coming here yesterday, don't know why, just procrastination and one thing and another.
A lovely neighbour, who is involved with a charity, collected all our spare sheets in the afternoon, and will deliver them today. So nice when items can be used to good purpose, instead of them being wasted.
Dragonfly46, DH gave me that book at Christmas, and DGD sent two prints of a couple of the verses/pages. Then I heard the author reading his book, and as you say, magical.
I woke earlier this morning, pain in my hip and shoulder, but after a couple of tablets, all is now better, for a while. The mug of tea does wonders, as Lins will testify.
To Kitty,NanKate,Ashcombe, and all those with niggling worries, best wishes.
Have a good day one and all.

Kalu Thu 28-Jan-21 09:09:37

Good morning all. Thank you for starting the thread Marydoll. I hope mick is ok.

Another heavy snowfall last night, just when we thought it had gone, we have another winter wonderland.

Marydoll my heart goes out to your friend and her DD. I can’t imagine what they must be going through, so very sad.
Hope your appointment goes well tomorrow. ?

I may give checking the bird feeders a miss today. One tumble on the ice was a lucky escape and a timely reminder my body doesn’t bounce back as it once did plus I now have osteoporosis.

I can hear DH ‘singing’ in the kitchen. Not something I have had to experience often as he really is tone deaf as he attempts a duet with Johnny Mathis. Ouch. ?

Best wishes to all for whatever helps lift your spirit today and especially to our friends who are not posting at the moment, hope all is ok.

Iam64 Thu 28-Jan-21 09:11:02

Good morning from a wet, grey north west. I don’t often post on here but wanted to let Mick know I’m another one hoping that as Marydoll hopes, it’s a computer glitch keeping you away.
Sorry to read of the worries, health problems so many of us are managing.
I have my Covid jab tomorrow, feel relieved and fortunate

lovebeigecardigans1955 Thu 28-Jan-21 09:14:12

Morning all from a very wet South Notts where the snow has gone completely. The erroneous parcel was collected yesterday so when it dries up I hope to nip out for a few essentials. Must change the bedclothes and do the ironing.

Hope Mick is all right and that those of you who are under the weather get some comfort today.

Mara48 Thu 28-Jan-21 09:14:46

I always read the Good Morning thread even though I don’t post - interesting to hear about the weather elsewhere, and what people are up to!
Sorry to see Mick is absent. Hopefully computer issues? I seem to recall a long time ago, Mick was absent for a few days and one kind Gransnetter was able to contact him. I wonder if that’s possible now, especially if Mick is not around tomorrow?
Anyway, have a good day all!

BlueSapphire Thu 28-Jan-21 09:19:50

Hello and good morning everyone from a brighter Northampton. Heavy rain overnight, but it has now cleared up and I can see the sun.

Sainsbury's delivery this morning; several items not available, and a couple of substitutions according to the email just received, but nothing too important. So I must get my skates on and have my shower.

Hoping my cardigan pack of wool arrives today - the delivery company emailed yesterday to say they had received it. In the meantime I shall continue with the cushion cover but it looks increasingly likely that there will not be enough wool to finish it, and I don't think I'll be able to get more.

Hoping that Mick is ok. Best wishes to all.

Marydoll Thu 28-Jan-21 09:21:03

Mara, unfortunately that kind Gransnetetr is no longer able to post. sad
I'm sure the other poster in Harrogate, may be able to check.

grannysyb Thu 28-Jan-21 09:26:27

Good morning all, I too hope Mick is OK. Also thinking of Marydolls friend and her family, and hope that things will improve. It tipped down overnight. I took my friends lovely dog for a long walk yesterday, she had a new hip mid December and her family looked after Daisy, but they now have a lot of work commitments. Hopefully my friend will be able to walk her soon, she is doing really well. We are very fortunate to have an NHS stand alone unit that does hips and knees, it has been working all through the pandemic, she only got diagnosed in July. Have the best day possible everyone.