Gransnet forums

Chat

PJ's

(111 Posts)
EvieJ Thu 28-Jan-21 12:43:54

How many of you stay in your PJ's for the day?

Sometimes i do, but its not usually my style smile

icanhandthemback Fri 29-Jan-21 13:28:29

Rather too often these days but mainly because I have some really lovely pj's I bought from Laura Ashley before they stopped trading.

Nanniejude Fri 29-Jan-21 13:35:44

Never

lovebeigecardigans1955 Fri 29-Jan-21 13:37:00

I wouldn't stay in my PJs all day unless I was very ill. When I had pneumonia a few years back I was in my dressing gown all day as I couldn't stop coughing for long enough to make the effort and was too exhausted.

I've been through some awful times which I won't recount here but I'm sure it's better for my self-esteem if I make the effort to wash and dress, even if I'm only in a track suit (which I'm in at the moment) with clean underwear and socks each day.

knspol Fri 29-Jan-21 13:38:21

Never! I hate the thought. Even when ill I always feel better once up and showered and dressed. Don't get 'dressed up' just leggings and sweater, no make up. Nowadays do get up later and later but always eventually showered and dressed.

BusterTank Fri 29-Jan-21 13:54:02

On Sundays and Christmas day , I love it .

Aepgirl Fri 29-Jan-21 14:08:36

Certainly not. It’s lazy and slovenly. Does it mean that you don’t bath or shower in the mornings also.

Tweedle24 Fri 29-Jan-21 14:13:03

Nope. I can’t bear the thought of facing the day until I have showered, washed and dried my hair and dressed. What if someone were to come to the door?!

I do wear casual jersey trousers and loose tops though, not things I would wear to go out generally.

I went for my vaccination this morning and had to iron a short sleeved top and smart trousers to wear — definitely not things to be worn indoors during lockdown.

NotAGran55 Fri 29-Jan-21 14:16:53

Absolutely not . Unless very ill my routine is the same as every morning since I was a teenager . Teeth, shower , hair washed and styled, make-up , perfume and nails, and dressed appropriately for the task ahead .
I couldn’t stand being unkempt and I am a ‘ get up and get on ‘ person .

Happysexagenarian Fri 29-Jan-21 14:19:00

No never.
I always slept in the buff until a couple of years ago when I started to feel the chill more at night, so just a nightie now.

Ladyleftfieldlover Fri 29-Jan-21 14:23:50

I get up around 8 am, have breakfast and head for the shower. Proper clothes on for the rest of the day. I am making an effort and wearing most of my clothes at some point. OH doesn’t shower until noon. His medication makes him very sleepy in the morning. Son is teaching on line during the day. He often wears shorts with a smart jacket and shirt. No one can see below his waist.

GoldenLady Fri 29-Jan-21 14:28:13

No, that would be too depressing. But my "daytime" clothes aren't all that different from PJ's, to tell the truth. When I'm just staying home by myself (which is most of the time,} I just wear loose casual clothing with only one thing in mind: comfort.

grandtanteJE65 Fri 29-Jan-21 14:39:32

I dress as soon as I get up in the morning.

I think this is due to the fact that I had long periods of illness as a child and when I was allowed out of bed again, it was in my nightie, dressing gown and slippers at first.

So if I go around in my night clothes I feel is not exactly ill, as if I was back in the days of being a poorly child.

grandtanteJE65 Fri 29-Jan-21 14:40:40

sorry should have read !I feel not exactly ill"
I push post instead of preview.

mar76 Fri 29-Jan-21 14:49:07

Up at 7am. Downstairs in keep fit gear and do my exercises. Then shower wash hair. Get dressed, do hair, makeup, dab of perfume and good to go BUT WHERE? but feel good. Off for my jab today so will get dressed for that.

rafichagran Fri 29-Jan-21 14:49:34

Showered and dressed by 13,15. I always to my housework in night dress. I have clean night clothes on every day.
I could not stay in night clothes all day as I would feel tired by association. It does not bother me if people do though as they can make their own desitions.

moggie57 Fri 29-Jan-21 14:58:24

I get dressed I don't like staying in my pjs

PipandFinn Fri 29-Jan-21 15:02:03

Same as Bluebelle......

PaperMonster Fri 29-Jan-21 15:10:16

No. I need to have a shower, wash my hair and dress in day clothes. My daughter likes to stay in her nightie sometimes- but I won’t let her do her Zoom classes in nightwear!!

Greciangirl Fri 29-Jan-21 15:41:10

No, definitely not.

That is so grungy. And grubby.

Dressing gown all day, No, no. No.

Misha14 Fri 29-Jan-21 15:45:09

I get dressed every morning. Home schooling via Skype means that I put on makeup and earrings too, though I'd do that anyway. Choosing what to wear adds a bit of excitement.

westwoodirene1215 Fri 29-Jan-21 17:13:32

Only to lunch time

cupcake1 Fri 29-Jan-21 17:57:26

No never! I brush my teeth, shower and wash my hair, dry it and put on some eye makeup going out or not. Makes me feel so much better and you never know (heaven forbid) if you had an emergency and ended up having to go to the hospital you would at least look respectable!

Elvis58 Fri 29-Jan-21 18:41:47

Tried it twice over lockdowns made me feel depressed.So no would be my answer.l get up washed ,dressed and minimal make up makes me feel better.

debgaga Fri 29-Jan-21 19:17:24

It’s absolutely fine to wear whatever you feel
most comfortable in, depending on your own circumstances. There are no rules. Be comfortable. Be happy. We are all doing the best that we can .

Harris27 Fri 29-Jan-21 19:36:11

My sister has been doing this since beginning of lockdown . Nit for me though I like to be up and dressed for the day.no couldn’t just sit around all day doing nothing. I do have a late morning on a sat and Sunday but still get dressed I. Comfortable clothes.