Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday, from Michael’s ADC

(77 Posts)
grandMattie Tue 02-Feb-21 06:29:06

Good morning everyone from a grey E Kent. Boy, didn’t it rain in the night? It’s not especially cold and forecast to be 12 deg.
After yesterday’s mortifying typo, I shall try to remove my foot from my mouth and bolt it shUt....
Supermarket and chicken salad for dinner tonight.
Hope that everyone has a reasonable day today. There appears to be light at the end of a tunnel, be it only a pinprick. Stay safe. ❤️

Sparklefizz Tue 02-Feb-21 13:17:50

Good news Marydoll ...really pleased you have been listened to and given some help. smile

Love the photo of your fleecy friend Happyme

Happyme Tue 02-Feb-21 12:12:36

Goodmorning from a snow covered bit of Cumbria where I seem to have gone into hibernation mode......getting up later and later blush. In my defence I am showered and dressed and on my 2nd cuppa having read through everyone's posts. I too am enjoying sheepandcattle's posts. I am a townie now living in the country, enjoyed the company of this neighbour at the moment, and am learning so much from these posts. Best wishes to all under the weather or struggling at present, I know this thread is a great source of support and it is cheering to hear what others are up to. And great news that so many have had or are due to get their vaccinations. Walk in the snow with Bobby dog soon. Gammon egg and chips for tea, tasty but not good for the waistline so will try and motivate self to do a youtube exercise session

Litterpicker Tue 02-Feb-21 11:55:22

Good Morning from W Sussex where the rain has just started and the blackbird and robin have disappeared from the garden, no doubt trying to stay dry.
I was planning a trip to the recycling centre to deposit some very old (but not rare) books - I hate having to do this even though I know, realistically, that there is not room in the world for all the old books that no-one wants.
I spent a lot of time on GN yesterday, mainly reading a certain very long thread. I hope all issues will be resolved fairly and happily.
I stayed up late watching the first two episodes of “It’s a Sin” and may watch the rest today. I don’t often binge watch but “IaS” is very emotionally absorbing.

B9exchange Tue 02-Feb-21 11:40:44

Morning all from another damp and overcast Hertfordshire! What a lovely explanation from Sheepandcattle, your farm sounds amazing, but so many worries, and such incredibly hard work.

Glad to hear you have had a good response from the GP MaryDoll.

Off to get my damaged tyre fixed soon, we now have a bathroom out of action as plumbers yesterday found a major leak, so bathroom out of action for at least a week whilst it dries out. This makes two of us trying to get ready at one time a bit interesting!

Cat chose to chew some cut flowers and threw up down the stairs, this week can only get better?

4allweknow Tue 02-Feb-21 11:37:29

Sheepandcattle loved your farming journal and the picture.

LauraNorder Tue 02-Feb-21 11:18:07

Good morning Mick, grandMattie and all GN friends from drizzly. grey Anglesey, sorry I can’t offer you sunshine Pant.
I’ve come straight to the end as I’m even later than usual so will now go back and enjoy the chat.

Callistemon Tue 02-Feb-21 11:10:11

Good morning GrandMattie and everyone from S Wales

If it rained in the night, I must have slept through it all. I've also seen photos on FB of huge waves crashing over a jetty in Cornwall at the weekend yet it was quite calm here, with snow.

Wishing all on here and absent friends a peaceful day

ADC is an Aide-de-Camp, Megs ie General Michael's assistant.

CherryCezzy Tue 02-Feb-21 11:04:23

Good morning everyone. My predictive text knows what colour it is in the Gower today.

Pleased to hear that your friend's GD is fairing better Marydoll and your DD is improving now she has got antibiotics for her infection Scentia.
I hope you are coping Susan ??? x
I won't pry Grandmafrench but I hope your break does you good, take whatever time you need but don't stay away too long eh flowers

I'm still feeling under the weather but will only trouble my GP if I still feel like this in a few days time. Talking of my GP practice I noticed something puzzling on their website yesterday. It says that all people over 70 and consequentially that would include those who are asked to shield will be called for vaccination at one of the mass centres and to wait for an appointment letter from the trust. On the trust website however it states that those between the age of 75 to 79 will be vaccinated at mass centre and those aged 70 to 74 and anyone shielding will be vaccinated at their GP practice. My WP's practice, which is a different one to me, is following the trust's instructions and shielders are already being vaccinated. I could be waiting to no avail ?. Oh well, chin up I suppose.

Stay safe and take care everyone ❤️

Supernain Tue 02-Feb-21 11:03:08

Hello all GNs. dragonfly I assumed that the OP’s reference to DH as a job meant dental hygienist but I could be wrong.

Grey but much milder here in Norfolk. Yesterday I had my sofas professionally cleaned and they are now dry and looking like new. Well worth the money.

Hope everyone stays safe and flowers to those struggling

Megs36 Tue 02-Feb-21 10:57:29

Morning all. Extra thick today what does ADC mean?

Feelingmyage55 Tue 02-Feb-21 10:57:25

Good morning from the north of Scotland where snow flurries are expected. I spent a lot of time yesterday making comfort foood then eating it.
granmattie. I remember that in the Church in my home town, babies were generally baptised at six weeks which I presume was to honour Jesus being presented at the temple at 40 days. We also didn’t give baby gifts until then either. I still don’t give baby presents until about six weeks in even although there is often no baptism. Habits of a lifetime I suppose.
Have the best day you can everyone. The days are getting longer and the birds are singing.

Gwenisgreat1 Tue 02-Feb-21 10:47:45

Good Morning from white Harrogate where it has been snowing heavens high. I have to phone the docs because my breathing is bad. I'm terrified in case they tell me to go to hospital, where I don't want to go (obviously) and will be difficult. We have, at the moment, a pretty steep drive full of snow!

Assuming I stay home I have a load of copper and brass to clean, now the silver is gleaming, can't have the copper letting me down!
Sheepandcattle . Thank you for your farming tales My DH's family were farmers (near Scarborough) He decided he didn't want to be a farmer because the work is hard!

No idea what today will bring

Keep safe and well everyone, take care

Mapleleaf Tue 02-Feb-21 10:46:08

Good morning,
A thick blanket of snow greeted me when I opened the curtains this morning here in South Yorkshire. It's not snowing now, thank goodness, and seems to be thawing quite well so I hope it's gone by tomorrow, but we've had a couple of inches.

Pleased to hear that Mick will be returning soon. Thank you Marydoll for your detective work and also to our poster who can't be named, sadly.

Well today's excitement will consist of tackling the ironing, then who knows? I was going to collect a prescription but that can wait until the snow has gone, as the roads look a bit dicey round here for driving on.

Lovely photo sheepandcattle. I'm really enjoying your posts about life on your farm. You have my admiration - you have to go out in all weathers and at all times of day. It's a 365 day job, isn't it?

Take care all, and welcome to Linjoy and any other newbies who join us.

hulahoop Tue 02-Feb-21 10:45:38

Good morning from a snow covered w/York's it's supposed to rain later so don't think it will stay long.
I really feel for people who ,s houses at risk of further flooding can't imagine what they feel every time it snows or rains heavy .?to those feeling poorly or just low .Glad to hear a lot getting jabs mine is booked for later in week ?.

BlueSapphire Tue 02-Feb-21 10:45:08

Hello and a late good morning from Northampton where it is brightening up. May venture out for some fresh air today.

Expecting a delivery today of my next book club read, feeling lost without a book, but don't really want to start on something else until I've read this new one.

Nothing else to report really, and nothing else planned for today except the usual stuff. Need to wash some bedding really as one of the cats was sick on one of the spare room beds yesterday. And that's the height of excitement today.

Hoping today is kind to us all.

Kalu Tue 02-Feb-21 10:41:24

Good morning all from a heavy, snowy, looking sky in Glasgow. I think the snow may be coming my way too Stilllearning.

Good news to hear Mick will be back. Thank you Marydoll and may I say a special thank you to our friend who cannot be named, still showing the caring person she is to find out and pass on her message.

Had a bit of an emotional FaceTime to Australia yesterday,
calling DD2 to wish her happy 43rd birthday. The fact she and SiL couldn’t come and see us last summer and little chance of seeing us this year. We got through the call with tears and laughter and a determination, we will see each other as soon as it is safe to do so.

On a brighter note, my fairy lights in the back garden came on too early and it gave me a lift to realise lighter days are slowly coming.

I am intrigued as to what your news may be FC, hoping it is what I think should happen. ?

Best wishes to all for a good day.

Taichinan Tue 02-Feb-21 10:40:33

Good morning all from a grey sleety Angus coast where I spotted the tiniest patch of blue a little while ago. Unfortunately the clouds realised their mistake, covered it and got back to their preferred depositing of all things cold and miserable.
What an interesting post, Sheep, and what gorgeous little calves! It's lovely to hear from someone enjoying their life and all the hard toil and discomfort that goes with it. You deserve a Good Morning medal ?!
Glad your DD is on the mend Scentia.
Nothing at all to report from here, except the pond has sprung a leak and the hose has frozen. I dumped it in the garage overnight so hope that has been enough to thaw it enough to get some water through. I think I'll sluice it with hot first (but not into the pond!). It's supposed to be 4°C out there by noon, so I'll wait until then. Oh the joys of a long cold winter!
I shall come back and read the posts properly later, but have the best day you can. Stay safe and cosy ☀️?

Sar53 Tue 02-Feb-21 10:35:34

Good morning everyone from a bright Essex by the sea. We've had rain this morning but the sun is shing now.
Not a lot going on here, same as yesterday really.
I haven't read what you have all been up to so will get on and do that now.
Have the best Tuesday you can and stay safe xx

EllanVannin Tue 02-Feb-21 10:21:40

Good Morning All x.
Driving sleet for most of the night I think as it's very wet and windy out right now.
I wished I'd posted brother's card yesterday when it was dry as it wouldn't have mattered it being too early. Just looking out is putting me off. It's only 2 degrees as well, brrrr. I'm so nesh.

Glad your DD is feeling a bit better Scentia anything to do with the kidneys is painful and miserable and usually calls for antibiotics----fluids to flush as well.
This time of year is awful for illnesses aches and pains. We badly need some warmth on our body's, roll on summer smile

Lovely to see the new calves, bless them, not a care in the world and looking so comfy. You're certainly kept on your toes Sheepandcattle and I don't envy you these long winters.

Another day of idleness with not even much cooking either as the remains of my casserole of macaroni-cheese from yesterday will do me today with extra cheese grated on top before I reheat in th' oven.

Must get myself washed and dressed, it was to have been a shower but seeing that I'll be nipping out I don't want to be getting chilled with the pores being open.

Look after yourselves everyone and stay safe. Take care if it's bad underfoot, we don't want any breakages on top of everything else.
Hope you have a decent sort of a day.xx

Marydoll Tue 02-Feb-21 10:02:26

Well I did not get a dragon, but the nicest of receptionists with a lovely Newcastle accent.

A very receptive doctor has just phoned me, changed my meds, also gave me a new med and will refer me back to to hospital if no improvement. Now that's service.

I'm beginning to wonder if my letter of "concern" to the surgery has prompted this sudden concern for my welfare.

Rest assured, I will be doing no more campaigning today, my work is done! ....For the present! grin

Scentia, #supermum.

GrannyOwl5 Tue 02-Feb-21 09:54:06

Crossed posts Urms. Did warn you Linjoy!

GrannyOwl5 Tue 02-Feb-21 09:53:07

Good morning everyone from the north kent coast where it is grey and damp, but mild.

Had my first jab last night; clinic run by our local GP practice at our local hospital. Very well organised. I had the Oxford vaccine. Arm bit sore and feel as though I have had one drink too many, but as DD said earlier that’s a feeling I should be used to. Younger generation have no respect!

Welcome Linjoy. Urmstongran no doubt will be here soon with several initiation questions for you ?

Hope those with illnesses or worries feel better soon. Have a good day everyone. Stay safe

Blossoming Tue 02-Feb-21 09:50:53

Good morning all from a very cold and rainy Lancashire. It was snowing earlier but now turned to rain. It was difficult dragging myself out from under the duvet this morning. Mr. B went and did the weekly shop while I was still emerging. It doesn’t seem as if I’ll get a walk today. I have an annual review with my financial advisor after lunch which will be by telephone. Mr. B leaves these things to me, he does the things I can’t manage so that works out fine. Then later we are dropping off a polytunnel at our nephew’s house as he and his wife want to grow some salad crops. It was used as temporary storage while our shed was being replaced but we don’t have room for it in our rather small garden.

Have a restful day all, may any troubles be easier than yesterday.

Gelisajams Tue 02-Feb-21 09:44:22

Good morning from Morecambe Bay where it’s been a wild night with strong winds and rain which turned to snow at about 6am. Needless to say I’m not going out for a walk today, but will do a bit of exercise inside. I do wish I could get back to the gym. It’s not the same at home despite some very good live videos which our gym puts on u tube.
Yesterday was spent trying to glean further details from the Auction house. Amongst other things they clarified that an additional £5k+ charge has to be paid by the buyer. It just puts it right out of reach to help Ds2 so that idea has been put to bed.
Take care everyone, stay safe ?

Urmstongran Tue 02-Feb-21 09:43:14

Good morning everyone from a very sleety South Manchester. Brr! At least we don’t have the heavy snow like folks over those Pennies this morning. Our Yorkshire Lass rang me at 8am from the health centre where she’s booked in to see patients (? clients) this morning. She said the motorway travelling south to Wakefield was fine but the side roads were terrifying. It’s so hilly round there which adds to the tension!

I ❤️ that my SOAP dish is proving so popular with everyone! It’s so easy to throw together isn’t it? Life is too short to stuff a bluddy mushroom (which, believe it or not, I did once years ago. Very tasty but never again!)

My candle bridge gets packed away today granMattie! Thanks again to you.

Welcome to you Linjoy it’s lovely to have you join us. Mick’s thread is one of the nicest on GN. That said, do look out for one I started 2 days ago - sharing cartoons - it’s going to be a winner I think! A great giggle every day. You forgot to tell us all the value of your home. I’m sure you’ll appreciate such information is vital really or how can we possibly get to know you properly?
??

Fanny Cornforth I think you know a secret! I’m wondering now if it’s anything to do with Marydoll’s campaigning yesterday? You take it easy today Marydoll it doesn’t do for you to get fired up (even for a righteous cause) with your angina. Anyway ??

Right, time to move (a bit). Himself is banging, chopping and stirring as he’s making a chilli for us with enough to portion up and distribute later to the family up the road. I think the coast will be clear now for me to venture in without being given the job of a sous-chef!
#lazygran

Hope Tuesday is good to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x