Gransnet forums

Chat

Well, that’s another fine mess I’ve gotten myself into.....!

(53 Posts)
Katek Wed 03-Feb-21 07:21:59

I’ve broken my hip! A couple of weeks ago I had a UTI, got up very quickly first thing to get to the bathroom, bp dropped like a stone and I fainted. Unfortunately I landed hard on my right hip and that was that. Bumpy ambulance ride (well it certainly felt like it!) and I was in surgery the following day. I’d fractured the neck of the femur, so for technical reasons to do with blood supply it was easier to carry out a partial replacement. I was home after 4 days and now begins the hard work of recovery. I cannot praise the hospital staff highly enough, they were all so caring and considerate. I can’t say the same for a couple of patients however, who were constantly talking in normal tones on their mobiles from 5am onwards-including talking to ‘nannie’s boy’ ....... the dog!! Grrr!
I’m feeling very loved and spoilt by my family and friends including several lovely Gnetters. You know who you are. Thank you all x

hulahoop Wed 03-Feb-21 10:21:02

Hope you continue to improve katek .listen to your body and take it easy.

Jane43 Wed 03-Feb-21 10:23:06

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Witzend Wed 03-Feb-21 10:23:55

? and best wishes for a speedy recovery.x

V3ra Wed 03-Feb-21 10:31:00

Crikey! Scary how needing a simple quick wee can lead to all this.
Glad you can be upbeat about it and do get well soon ?

Grammaretto Wed 03-Feb-21 10:33:37

How awful Katek but glad you are able to be home and recovering now.
sending virtual ((hugs))

My co-granny fell in the ice last week and was told at A&E her wrist was the 93rd fracture that weekend.
Another friend fell and broke his hip in his house and is still in hospital because there is nowhere for him to come home to. His house is unsuitable (3 floors, bathroom upstairs)
So he is bed blocking and at risk of catching the C19.

Granny23 Wed 03-Feb-21 10:37:30

shock flowers cafe cupcake

and ditto all messages above.

GrannyOwl5 Wed 03-Feb-21 10:40:39

Katek hope your recovery continues well and you are soon back on your feet. ?
At least with the bad weather and lockdown you’re not missing out on much!

Nannagarra Wed 03-Feb-21 10:45:35

Gosh, you have been through the mill but you remain upbeat. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. x

maddyone Wed 03-Feb-21 10:52:50

Get well soon Katek.

LauraNorder Wed 03-Feb-21 10:58:34

flowers wow, quite an adventure Katek. There are easier ways of making your day more exciting grin.
Glad you’re safely home and recovering.

Katek Wed 03-Feb-21 11:00:26

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and words - as several of you have said, if I had to do something like this then during lockdown is probably the best time!! There’s no real point in fretting about it, what’s done is done. I’m responsible for ensuring a good recovery so better my energies are focussed there and not on the miseries. Off to finish that box of Thornton’s chocolates....... ( there’s always an upside gringrin )

maydonoz Wed 03-Feb-21 13:51:13

Wishing you a speedy recovery and good to hear you were/are well cared for, hope you're back on your feet asap.

Hellogirl1 Wed 03-Feb-21 23:28:59

Sorry to hear that Katek, I hope you`re soon back on your feet, just take it careful and slow.

Maggiemaybe Thu 04-Feb-21 00:12:57

Oh blimey, Katek, I hope you heal quickly. Take it steady and enjoy those chocs! thanks

crazyH Thu 04-Feb-21 00:17:47

I hope you get well soon xx

SueDonim Thu 04-Feb-21 00:53:32

Oh my! I’m sorry to read this. You poor thing. flowers

If you were where I think you were, I was in that hospital for nine days with a double leg fracture some years ago and the treatment was top-notch. I almost felt rejuvenated in there, too, as I was a good couple of decades younger than my ward-mates, none of whom used mobiles. grin

Ro60 Thu 04-Feb-21 06:53:51

Best wishes katek - or should I call you Stanley??

Sorry, but 'Nannas boy' did make me laugh, but it must have been so frustrating to hear in there.

grannysyb Thu 04-Feb-21 09:20:36

Best wishes for your recovery Katek, I agree with you about the noise in hospital, I don't know why the staff can't change shifts quietly, and other patients need to be more considerate.

BlueSky Thu 04-Feb-21 09:53:50

Sorry to hear Kate shocking how easily you can hurt yourself. Glad you are home, take it easy, all the best x flowers

Katek Thu 04-Feb-21 10:57:16

I’ve just received this most beautiful cupcake bouquet from my children. Between these and the chocs I’m going to be the size of a house!!grin Gorgeous, aren’t they?

gillgran Thu 04-Feb-21 11:06:57

I've just seen your photo, thought they were flowers,! how lovely, "a cupcake bouquet". Enjoy them & the chocs.,

I wish you a speedy recovery, take care.. flowers

Auntieflo Thu 04-Feb-21 11:30:07

Katek, best wishes to you, and hope you are healing well.

My sister in law slipped, whilst out for a walk with her daughter, and broke her hip. So easily done.
? for you.

V3ra Thu 04-Feb-21 14:12:28

Those cakes are so clever ?
Almost too good to eat ?

SueDonim Thu 04-Feb-21 14:50:46

Wow, those cakes! I’ve put on seven pounds just looking at the photo. grin

Callistemon Thu 04-Feb-21 14:55:43

They're gorgeous- what a shame to eat them!

Here are some real flowers
???