Gransnet forums

Chat

Well, that’s another fine mess I’ve gotten myself into.....!

(53 Posts)
Katek Wed 03-Feb-21 07:21:59

I’ve broken my hip! A couple of weeks ago I had a UTI, got up very quickly first thing to get to the bathroom, bp dropped like a stone and I fainted. Unfortunately I landed hard on my right hip and that was that. Bumpy ambulance ride (well it certainly felt like it!) and I was in surgery the following day. I’d fractured the neck of the femur, so for technical reasons to do with blood supply it was easier to carry out a partial replacement. I was home after 4 days and now begins the hard work of recovery. I cannot praise the hospital staff highly enough, they were all so caring and considerate. I can’t say the same for a couple of patients however, who were constantly talking in normal tones on their mobiles from 5am onwards-including talking to ‘nannie’s boy’ ....... the dog!! Grrr!
I’m feeling very loved and spoilt by my family and friends including several lovely Gnetters. You know who you are. Thank you all x

Esspee Thu 04-Feb-21 15:03:30

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. My mother suffered from osteoporosis and I vowed never to let it happen to me.
Do take the exercises seriously so that you are back on your feet as soon as possible. You are going to need to exercise to burn off the calories from those gorgeous cupcakes. ?

Violettham Thu 04-Feb-21 15:18:36

Wishing you a speedy recovery what bad luck.