Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday, for Michael MIA

(98 Posts)
grandMattie Thu 04-Feb-21 06:34:36

Good morning all GMers from a clear E Kent.
Had my sh*t yesterday afternoon. My word, Folkestone is hard to find your way round! We went round three times to find any parking, stopped on a side street and finally found “Debenhams”. All names had been removed. The actual process was seamless, kind and quick, although as usual I had to spell both name and surname, which as usual were misspelled. I had the AZ to my delight and amusement of the nurse. Feeling fine, but waiting for side effects.
Today I’ve just got Spanish.
Marydoll be kind to yourself, no use pushing things - as they say “the spirit is strong but the body is weak”...
Everyone, take care, be kind to yourselves. Carpe diem! Stay safe.

Lins1066 Thu 04-Feb-21 08:27:43

Good morning all from a dry, cloudy S Welsh coast.Yesterday turned out sunny in the afternoon and there was a lovely sunset over the sea. We went out to clap for Capt Tom at 6pm.

Our puppy was collected by the groomers at 7.40 so I'm about to put his blankets etc in the wash, Mr Lins will wash the floor in the kitchen. The puppy is 8 months old now and we are going to feed him twice a day from today instead of three times. I don't think he will be very happy when he gets back but we thought today might be a good day to start the new regime, we'll see!
I have a medical appointment later this morning. All happening here today.

Thinking of our missing posters, hope they are ok. Stay safe everyone.

WW010 Thu 04-Feb-21 08:31:56

Good morning all from a murky Sheffield. Meant to be brighter later so will probably go for a walk up to the woods. We’re on the boundary of the Peak District so some lovely walks nearby. I have to say though that standing high up looking over Sheffield isn’t a bad view either. It’s a great City. Going to clean sons house later as he’s an NHS worker so exhausted when he gets home. My little bit of helping out I guess. Did foodbank run for my road yesterday - a generous lot they are. Have a good day all.

Alygran Thu 04-Feb-21 08:32:12

Good morning from North Yorkshire where it is raining again. Alexa tells me there is a local flood alert. I’m not surprised.
Some charity admin this morning then a short run out for some fresh salad.
Sorry to hear so many are unwell.hope you see some improvement soon.
Stay safe everyone

Grandmabatty Thu 04-Feb-21 09:01:53

Good morning all. I'm seriously thinking of building an ark, we've had so much rain and sleet this week. Today is more of the same in Polmont. Yesterday was a quietly nice day. My 93 year old neighbour came over with rock buns she had made and a local council refuse collection calender. I responded with Cinammon buns for her! All at the door. I wish I could have invited her in as the weather was awful but a quick doorstep chat will do for now. Then a WhatsApp chat in the afternoon with friends. I showed them the recorder I have foolishly bought for dgs and they all promptly found other toddler musical instruments! We played to each other and fell about laughing. Today I have no plans. I shall potter and enjoy my space. Bolognaise and garlic bread for dinner. Marydoll the vaccine roll out is weird. Two of the friends yesterday have their letters while the oldest of us hadn't got hers. I'm the baby of the group so don't expect to hear for a while. Have a good day all.

Nannagarra Thu 04-Feb-21 09:02:03

Good morning from the Sefton coast where, after a night of rain, it is bright.
It’s really heartening to hear so many are having their sh*ts. Mine is booked for Monday. I’m so keen to join the growing number and move towards a safer future.
Sending warm wishes to those who are troubled and worried. Have the best day you can. x

Mapleleaf Thu 04-Feb-21 09:07:24

Good morning everyone,

Just a quick visit as I’m in a rush to set up for my online class.
Will return to read all your posts later.

Take care.

Urmstongran Thu 04-Feb-21 09:08:41

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where it’s mild, we even have sunshine with a forecast of a heady 9°C later too! I’ve just taken this photo from the balcony - you can see the Pennies clearly outlined in the background - no snow on the tops this morning. That’s the train station across the road too. I love living in the town centre. You’ll have similar on your doorstep soon Pittcity!

I’m going for a walk with my friend at noon. We get our takeaway coffees in the square downstairs before we set off through the park. Snowdrops are banked under the trees now and the bunches of crocus are appearing. Spring is definitely in the air although snow is forecast again next week for the eastern side of the country.

Hope Thursday is good to us all. Thank you for opening up granMattie you really have been a superb deputy. Keep safe everyone that’s the main. x

GrannyGravy13 Thu 04-Feb-21 09:09:29

Good morning all, Mick hope you are well.

I can definitely agree with Sar53 and Gingster it's misty and murky here in S E Essex!!!!!

I will attack the ironing mountain today, which includes bedding (why oh why can I not just fold up bedding and put it away) ????? Then it will be to organise a grocery shop of click and collect.

Keep safe and well folks ?

Anniebach Thu 04-Feb-21 09:10:12

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

grannysyb Thu 04-Feb-21 09:10:16

Good morning all, bright and sunny here. Thankyou GM for opening up, hope Mick is OK. Went for slightly damp walk with my friend and her lovely dog yesterday. Must give the kitchen a lick and a promise this morning, zooming later with my upholstery group, it will be wonderful when we can meet up in person again. Must think of something to eat this evening, anyone else struggling with meal planning? We will try to go to the allotment this afternoon if it stays fine. Hope everyone has as good a day as possible.

BlueBelle Thu 04-Feb-21 09:10:34

Good morning from a glorious and quite warm east coast

amselerin Thu 04-Feb-21 09:13:58

Good morning from a cold and frosty morning here in Germany. But to give me some comfort today, I shall be making Urmstongrans "soap dish". Really cold weather is forecast for this weekend and so I have to take the car to get some groceries from the next village. It`s alreay snowing now. I shall do some exercises and than see, if the car will start. Have a good day all and take care.x

Greyduster Thu 04-Feb-21 09:20:13

Good morning, Grandmattie, Michael in absentia, and all GNs from a murky South Yorkshire. Had a walk in one of our local parks yesterday to try and get away from extreme mud and flood hereabouts but it wasn’t that much better to be honest - more slush less mud and plenty of flood! The only good thing is you come home with your boots as clean as a whistle. Cooking for the freezer today and a pile of ironing.
Welcome WW010 - nice to meet a local! Have a good safe day folks.

Pittcity Thu 04-Feb-21 09:31:12

Yes Urmston, although the High Street is a 5 minute walk through the park past the Castle and the station about 5 minutes further.
I will send our view and a full valuation in due course!

Auntieflo Thu 04-Feb-21 09:32:21

Good morning GrandMattie, Annie, and Mick, if he is reading.
Opticians appointment this afternoon, and that's about it for today.
I had a phone call from the oncologist yesterday, with some info and she was asking for permission to take a bone biopsy, and maybe a tissue one as well. She said that we need not actually go for the appointment on Friday, but I want to see her and the consultant, face to face, and ask more questions.
So, this morning I am feeling rather blue at the moment. No doubt I will cheer up as the day goes on. I did have a better night last night, which is good.
Scentia, you will love your guineas. DS1 had one called "Olga da Whiska" after Olga da Polga , (by Michael Bond)
Then DS2 had 2 brothers, named Hale and Pace. So that dates them!
Hope you are doing what you are told Marydoll, and not getting bored. Also that Lins1066 and Elizabeth1 will have good days.
Thanks for the recipe Urms. Tonight's the night.
Missing Gilly and sending best wishes to her.
Have a good day one and all.

Grammaretto Thu 04-Feb-21 09:35:00

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders where we have avoided the rain but have snow instead.

Like you Bluesapphire I am about to replenish my stash with wool for the next project. It is to be Moss green but there is a problem choosing colours online. oh to have such small worries, I hear you cry

I used to live in Kent Urmston, when it really was the Garden of England. We used to drive visitors around the county admiring the pretty villages and apple orchards. I wonder if that is still possible?

A friend who broke his hip recently has been moved to the covid ward, having tested positive while in hospital.
Do be extra careful.

Thanks gM for the GM thread. You do have the ideal initials.
grin
Have a good day everyone.

Harris27 Thu 04-Feb-21 09:38:14

Good morning all. Still on isolating duties after my work shut 14 cases and I’ve had two negative tests. So hopefully dodged it this time and so grateful.have a bit of waiting for jab band 7 I think. I’ve done chores and Read a bit but have yet to do much. Not good need to get some work done so will attempt ironing and tidy a cupboard or two out! Weather awful up here in the north but I’m warm and fingers crossed ok so will keep smiling.love to all.

EkwaNimitee Thu 04-Feb-21 09:48:59

Good Morning to you all from yet another very wet and dreary day on the Cumbrian coast. The weather seems to have changed ends, now we've got the rain that's been plaguing down south whilst they're enjoying a bit of dry. I had to go out to collect a prescription sent over to the chemist on Monday and only now fulfilled. Apparently they are short-staffed, I would guess self-isolating problems?
I had a phone call at 8am from an unknown number. I don't answer these so it left a message on the answerphone . My online researches revealed a debt collection company. I don't have any debts! I also found other innocents were also being bothered. It's a bit alarming, I hope I'm not going to get hassled and end up with a black mark against my credit rating.
Well, it's on with mundane stuff like the ironing now and that will be it on the housework front. I don't like cleaning when it's gloomy out so I think I will be choosing a new book to get stuck into.
Wishing everyone with problems a good news day.

Sparklefizz Thu 04-Feb-21 09:49:31

Good morning grandMattie and everyone from a bright South Glos. Hope Mick is ok.

I used to have to spell out my married Greek surname, Mattie, and I got used to all sorts of pronunciation and would answer to anything. smile When I divorced him, I reverted to my bog-standard English surname.

Good news for all those who have had their jabs. Hope yours goes well tomorrow NanKate (I'm sure it will!)

I am so pleased as I've finally got my "painting mojo" back. I've been painting for 20 years and imagined I'd make the most of lockdown but lost all enthusiasm. Yesterday suddenly I felt like picking up my brushes.

Ooh, Sainsbury's have just turned up so must dash. Thoughts to all those who are feeling poorly or troubled. flowers x

CherryCezzy Thu 04-Feb-21 10:18:02

Good morning one and all. It's that invariable shade of grey in the Gower today.

My GP telephone consultation didn't happen yesterday hmm, and because I was just going to order my repeat prescriptions with the Dr that never got done either. Drat! Ordering them late now so I'll be ?that they come on time. Not the get of days. Oh well ?, at least my footie team won again yesterday.

Not much on the agenda today, a bit of pottering, daily group quiz and the grocery order to sort out.

Hope your appointment goes well Lins.
Hope Mick returns soon, though you really are a good deputy grandMattie.
Hope to see you back with us soon Susan x
Hello to the gn newbies ?

Take care everyone, hope today is a good day for each of you ❤️

harrigran Thu 04-Feb-21 10:20:40

Good morning from a wet NE.
Restless night so retired to spare room at 4am with my book.
DH brought me a cup of tea at 9.30 and has gone off to collect my prescription.
My friend says she is getting her vaccination tomorrow, she is 71. Then BIL said he had an appointment for both of his injections, he is 70. They are really managing the vaccinations well up here whereas my sister in Germany who is 80 can not even get a date for hers.
Another day in front of the TV for me.

Nannytopsy Thu 04-Feb-21 10:24:55

Good morning everyone! It’s a bright and sunny Suffolk morning. DH has plans for shelves in the shed so we shall pop out for the wood. It’s all at an outdoor timber yard. Possibly not essential but then they are allowed to trade and we like to support local businesses.
BlueSapphire I am glad Sainsbury’s don’t have creme eggs - I can’t bear them! On the other hand, you could have my share!
Yesterday’s comment from DGD
“I do love you Nanny but you are getting rather old”.
I hope the day is kind to everyone even if you have bad weather.

Blossoming Thu 04-Feb-21 10:29:35

Good morning everyone from a still soggy Lancashire. We had rain of biblical proportions yesterday but it’s stopped for now. I think it will take a while for the ground to dry though. So far today I have changed sheets and turned a mattress all by myself, quite proud of myself grin so now have some laundry to do. There will be a price to pay for this later!

Have a drama-free day all.

hulahoop Thu 04-Feb-21 10:31:55

Good morning from West York's it's rained all night I was laid in bed thinking about all these people worrying about flooding .walk planned for this afternoon .Hope everyone has a good day .

mamaa Thu 04-Feb-21 10:35:04

Often read but don't often post on this thread so here goes...

Morning all. Well, it was sunny here in Suffolk by the Sea when I got up around 8.30 this morning. We decided we'd go for a walk ( thats 'im indoors and me) once we'd had breakfast. Ha, by the time I'd showered and dressed ( around 9.10) a mist had rolled in and its now quite 'meh' outside.
The sun is trying its best so we might get that walk in a bit. Been so wet and 'orrible these past few days that a walk is much needed really.
Best wishes to all, we might have a Chinese take-away as a treat for dinner tonight, such things we used to take for granted but nowadays they have become 'special'.