Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(136 Posts)
12Michael Fri 05-Feb-21 06:08:38

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark ,and looks cold and frosty outside this morning here in Brackley .
Having returned from 8 days in Hospital , which started with a mini heart attack , heart rate 191 , I was rushed to the banbury Horton Hospital , where I have undergone various, blood tests etc , with slight changes in medication due to condition , The Hospital was not one of the most enjoyable places to be thanks to Covid , but the NHS ticks on regardless .
I did get tested 3 times whilst there all negative .
Have returned a mail backlog both online and normal post , have to arrange my jab as well .
Take Care ,
Mick

Elizabeth1 Fri 05-Feb-21 07:56:34

Good morning all and a good morning mick from a very wet and windy east coast of Fife so sorry to hear of your recent event resulting in a hospital admission glad you’re back., keep well.
I was allowed outwink to play yesterday or should I say I was allowed out to attend an opticians appointment it was wonderful getting out for a bit even if I had to sit in the car people watching while my dh nipped into our local Lidl’s for a few or not so few items of food. Honestly himself would walk a couple of miles to save 2p on a pint of milk he got so excited at the reduced prices in Lidl’s. I think he got carried away with his good luck.anyway I don’t think we’ll starve for a few days. smile have a good day everyone keep safe cosy and well fed roastchicken

dragonfly46 Fri 05-Feb-21 07:58:45

So pleased to see you back Mick.

Just popped in to tell Auntieflo I am thinking of her today.

Sar53 Fri 05-Feb-21 08:04:03

Good morning from a bright and sunny Essex by the sea.
Good to see you back Mick , glad our wonderful NHS looked after you so well.
A walk is on the cards for later and a new blind to be fitted in the bedroom.
Enjoy Friday and stay safe everyone xx

Gingster Fri 05-Feb-21 08:06:47

Good morning Mick and all . So pleased you’re back with us and hopefully recovering well. Thanks grandmattie for deputising so well ?.

Off for my walk with an old pal this morning. The weather should be ok ?. We’ll go to Hadleigh Country Park, (where the olympics were held in 2012 for the cycling events. It was great to go to and actually watch an Olympic event so close to home. Grannygravy And Sar - were you there? ?

Who watched The Drowning? What a load of drivel! I finished watching The Stranger on Netflix. Very tense and absorbing!

I’m reading The Dutch house for my next book club book. Anyone read it? Urms I expect you have . ??.

Wishing you all a pleasant day . Keep warm and no slipping over in all the snow that’s heading our way. ?⛄️

Grandmabatty Fri 05-Feb-21 08:09:41

Good morning all. It's great to see you back at the helm Mick. Please take care of yourself. I'm off to the optician very soon so just a quick post. Have a good day all.

Alygran Fri 05-Feb-21 08:09:52

Good morning from North Yorkshire. Good to see you back Mick. Look after yourself.
Food shopping and zoom meeting today. Probably not much of a walk as it is grey and gloomy.
Take care everyone and stay safe.

hollysteers Fri 05-Feb-21 08:10:03

Good morning all from a bright northwest coast and glad you are home Mick after your fright.
I’m off for my vax today and had an early night last night, managing to avoid a daytime nap, but to no avail, a sleepless night. Apparently we never have a complete sleepless night, but it feels like it. Something seems to lock in the brain “That’s it” it says”no sleep for you” So lay there going over past injustices lol.
Wishing you all a good day.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 05-Feb-21 08:12:28

Good morning Mick and all

Sorry to hear you have been in hospital Mick now is the time to rest and recover!

I was lazing on the sofa at 10 to 6 last night when my phone rang, it was the local clinic which is now a vaccination centre. Could I be there in 5 minutes as they had a dose left over and didn’t want to waste it (I was the closest to the clinic that was on their stand-by list) they threw on my boots and jacket and ran two minutes down the road and had the vaccine (Pfizer). Sore arm this morning and a bit fuzzy but homeschooling will sort me out!!!!

It’s brightening up here in my corner of S E Essex might get the baby in the pram for a walk.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️

baubles Fri 05-Feb-21 08:13:59

How lovely to see you back Mick, I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been unwell. Take very good care of yourself.

Good morning all, it’s a wet one here in South Lanarkshire, hoping it keeps up and shifts the rest of the snow.

Sorry to hear about the little calf sheep.

gMattie, I hope you feel better soon, take it easy today.

I’ll keep myself busy doing nothing very much. Wishing everyone a peaceful day.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 05-Feb-21 08:14:17

Gingster unfortunately we didn’t go, but the Grandchildren go over to there on their bikes often, lots of fun and mud!!!

GrannyGravy13 Fri 05-Feb-21 08:15:28

We often walk along the coastal path to Leigh-on-Sea from here it’s beautiful (apart from the odd crazed cow)

ginny Fri 05-Feb-21 08:22:36

Good Morning.
Lovely to see you back Mick.

Another day of just keeping busy in various ways.

Hope you all find a ?today.

Jaxjacky Fri 05-Feb-21 08:24:36

Good morning all from a misty S Hants, Mick pleased you’re back, onwards!
Sheepandcattle although it goes with the territory, a sad morning, hope your day improves. Auntieflo thoughts with you today.
I’ll put a wash on in a minute and the window cleaner is arriving at some point. Out for a walk later, another birthday card to post, my husband is working today, so he’s happy. Both children rang yesterday for a quick chat, they both live locally, but we last saw each other at Christmas. No other real plans today, take care all.

Lins1066 Fri 05-Feb-21 08:25:46

Good morning from a dry S Welsh coast, really good to see you back Mick, hope your recovery goes well, best wishes from me.
I know what you mean Pittcity our son and his family moved house just before Christmas, I hope your family will be happy in their new home.
A phone call to the butcher, some cleaning and a walk weather permitting on today's exciting agenda.
Thinking of Aunty Flo, hope all goes well for her today, also Georgesgran. Still miss seeing gilly's Friday Girl.
Wishing everyone a good day.

Urmstongran Fri 05-Feb-21 08:27:13

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where it’s warming up nicely courtesy of that big yellow ball in the east. It’s so dazzling I can’t see the Pennines!

No plans. A stroll through the park with Himself later I think. I like to get takeaway coffees to support our independent wine bar in the square. Worked out I’m spending £20 a week - it’s a fiver for 2 coffees x 4 times a week. Your husband would probably faint Elizabeth!
?

Wonderful to have you back at the helm Mick what a scare you must have had. Rest up and convalesce now. Sorry you had a bad night granMattie you rest up too today. Scentia I like the sound of how you decorate - job done, no fuss.

Hope Friday is good to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

Sparklefizz Fri 05-Feb-21 08:27:15

Welcome back Mick and so sorry to hear about your ordeal. Hope you can now get some rest. flowers granMattie has been keeping us going and has done a great job.

It's bright here in South Glos but the forecast isn't good for the weekend.

I'm sorry to hear about your sad start to the day, Sheepandcattle, and it must be hard to see the mum cow looking for her calf.

How did your optician's appointment go, Elizabeth1 ? I am long overdue an eye test but wonder how safe it would be to go there because of the close proximity.

Gingster I've read The Dutch House. How are you getting on with it?

Good luck with your jab today NanKate and hollysteers and others about to get theirs. Wow GrannyGravy13 - did you set a speed record? It's brilliant that they were not going to waste any vax.

I plan to do some more painting today but I slept badly and was still awake at 1.30am so a siesta may be on the cards too.

Special thoughts to all who are heavy-hearted. x

brook2704 Fri 05-Feb-21 08:29:40

Good morning mick so pleased you’re back with us and you’ve been well looked after, please take care. Thank you to gm for keeping us going in your absence and hope you’re feeling better soon.
Welcome grannytilly and any other new posters to this lovely kind thread
Yesterday we had more snow so I had another lazy day, today I’ve got food shopping to do so will have to go out, unless I can risk DH going instead and see what he gets ?...... maybe I will ask him as I’d like to get a short walk in somewhere to keep the energy levels up
Hope you’re feeling better soon dwmxwg and any other gransnetters feeling under the weather
Good luck to your DD with the house move pittcity!
Hoping everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care whatever the day brings ?

P1234 Fri 05-Feb-21 08:30:04

Don't post on here but read most days. Welcome back Mick and take special care, you have been missed

monk08 Fri 05-Feb-21 08:34:09

Welcome back Mick another who reads most days but only posts occasionally. Now take it easy.

Georgesgran Fri 05-Feb-21 08:34:39

Good morning from Durham - wet again. Welcome back Mick from me too. Hope Aunty Flo has better news.
DH admitted to hospital yesterday and his loss of mobility appears to be pressure from a tumour on his spine.
They’re going to try radiotherapy in an attempt to shrink it - very worrying.
Tried to find a vax appointment yesterday and was offered Kendal! That’s a day trip.
Stay safe. X

NannyJan53 Fri 05-Feb-21 08:35:02

Good morning from a dull and cloudy Black Country.

Welcome back Mick so sorry you have been unwell and in Hospital. Hope you are taking it easy for a while and relaxing.

Door knocked at 8am this morning. It was a food hamper for MrJan from one of his daughters, for his birthday this weekend. Not opened it yet as he is still in bed!

Hoping to have a walk with my friend who lives nearby today, we have known each other since aged 18. It does look like it may rain soon though.

Good news about your roof Kitty I hope this company can resolve the matter once and for all.

Grannygravy I imagine you have not moved so fast in a long time smile, a relief for you that it is done now.

Sad to hear about your calf sheepandcattle

Thinking of Auntieflo today

Welcome to all the new posters, it is always good to hear from new members.

Oldbutstilluseful Fri 05-Feb-21 08:35:27

Welcome back Mick . A scary time to go to hospital but good to know you are home and on the mend.

Thinking about Auntieflo and Marydoll’s friends granddaughter today. Hope all goes well for both.

Urmstongran Fri 05-Feb-21 08:40:53

Gingster I ❤️ The Dutch House! Read it last summer and would very highly recommend. Along with The Good Neighbourhood - another great novel from last summer!
#lazygran

I’m struggling with The Thursday Murder Club. Such posh retirees, who have been everywhere in the world - Somalia, can speak fluent Portuguese when they get chatting to the bus driver etc. I can’t engage with the silliness and by page 70 I think I had the murderer sussed. We shall see. It’s a bit too twee and wordy, whole tranches of nonsense which needed serious editing - in my opinion. I didn’t watch the author’s quiz show but surmise he is so popular everyone ran to his book! But for the fact that our Yorkshire Lass bought it for me I’d probably ditch it ...

Millie22 Fri 05-Feb-21 08:41:38

Lovely to see you're back Mick. I only post occasionally but read the GM thread most days. Hope you're ok after your jab NanKate

granfromafar Fri 05-Feb-21 08:44:44

Good morning to all from a damp, grey west Kent. Pleased to hear that Mick is back and hope that the recovery continues.
Sorry to hear of the calf that didn't make it,
Sheepandcattle, how sad.
Re urmstongran's question regarding house price information a la Daily Mail: am sure it's a wind up but as I'm gullible, our lovely abode set us back around £52,500 in 1984, so I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions!
Hope everyone has a reasonable day or better.