Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(109 Posts)
12Michael Sat 06-Feb-21 06:11:04

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , and looks foggy and cold out there in Brackley this morning.
Still trying to get used to being home , went out twice yesterday , got some Fish & Chips and a supermarket shop as well , both causing delays with queing , but no palpitations returned a good sign.
Getting my medication in order , also spoke to my surgery as regards to the coronavirus jab option , also talked about an exemption card as to face mask, and it was a yes , having checked .
Take Care,
Mick

Greyduster Sat 06-Feb-21 08:35:35

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from a grey, wet South Yorkshire. Mick good to have you back; but don’t overdo it, please. We walked up the to country park and back yesterday while the weather was good, so not too fussed if we don’t go out today. There is sport on tv so that will keep DH out from under my feet. I have offered to make GS a cake for his upcoming birthday so I had better make a start on that. Fish and chips for lunch, hopefully. Have a good safe day, one and all.

Marydoll Sat 06-Feb-21 08:38:49

Beauregard, can you please remind me of your horse's name? Years ago, I went to the racing a year at Musselburgh, its quite a small course. Good luck!
Ayr was our stamping ground, as we lived in Troon. My children still talk about the day my four year old tumbled from the top of the stand, all the way to the bottom. ?
They were frequent visitors to the course.
DH went for his Racing post, over an hour ago. Nothing gets in the way of that! ?

Sparklefizz Sat 06-Feb-21 08:38:49

Good morning Mick, granMattie, Auntieflo and all GNs from a cold but sunny South Glos. We may get snow tomorrow.

Marydoll and Mick, your bodies have been through such trauma, you certainly need some down time. I learnt the hard way that if we don't give our body the rest it needs, it will go on strike till it gets it! Hope you can both take it easy without feeling guilty today.

How did you vax go, NanKate? Hope you haven't suffered any side effects.

This is the painting I started recently and finished yesterday. It's just a copy of a Christmas card which I kept because it looked cute. Now to find something else to paint before I lose my motivation again. I am quite fancying something with a dry stone wall after seeing Happyme's photos.

I hope you managed to sleep after your upsetting day yesterday Auntieflo.

Special thoughts who all who are troubled or not well. flowers x

Elizabeth1 Sat 06-Feb-21 08:40:01

Good morning everyone from a windy, wet and cold morning here on the east coast of Fife.

Exciting news yesterday I received my blue letter with my vaccine appointment however I phoned requesting a home visit. I’m having a duvet day today as I had a near event early on. I was so close to fainting luckily my dh was close by and he heaved me back on to my bed as the consultant says I’ve to get in the recovery position when my blood pressure drops like that. Thankfully it didn’t come to anything and I’m having my early morning cup of tea now.

I hear the rain bashing down on the windows I’m soooo cosy here in my lovely bed. I’m so blessed. Have a good day everyone be kind to yourself and smile it’ll go a long way spring is just around the corner. Hopefully we’ll be allowed out of these local travel restrictions in the next few weeks then we’ll be off like the wind to see some of our family. Just a look will do us just fine. sunshine

Sar53 Sat 06-Feb-21 08:44:26

Good morning everyone from a misty, damp Essex by the sea. We are forecast snow overnight tonight and tomorrow, it will be the first snow for many years. Living right by the sea it doesn't happen often.
I'm sorry to hear your news Auntieflo, I wish you well. I have a very close family member awaiting biopsy results next week, all my fingers are crossed.
The vaccine seems to be rolling out slowly around here, our health centre is not doing it and as DH and I are both under 70 I'm not sure how long we will have to wait.
DH has gone to the butcher, hopefully he was first in the queue. Rugby this afternoon so he will be happy.
We watched The Dig last night, really enjoyed it and I'm planning on reading more about Sutton Hoo.
I hope you can all find a ☺ today, take care, stay safe and look after each other xx

Lins1066 Sat 06-Feb-21 08:46:44

Good morning Mick and all from a S Welsh coast.
Fruit and veg delivery this morning from a local shop.
Nothing planned today, little enthusiasm for anything.
Thinking of Auntyflo and good to hear that her medical team are setting up a treatment plan for her.
Have a pleasant day everyone and best wishes to those with worries.

Beauregard Sat 06-Feb-21 08:46:50

Marydoll it's Getaway Trump in the 12.57 at Musselburgh (sorry wrong spelling last time). Sounds like you'll get some peace if your DH is busy studying form!

Lins1066 Sat 06-Feb-21 08:49:38

Beautiful painting Sparklefizz you are very talented.

Anniebach Sat 06-Feb-21 08:50:22

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Sparklefizz Sat 06-Feb-21 08:52:55

Thank you Lins1066

Back in March I envisaged spending a lot of time painting during the first lockdown but completely lost my mojo and felt blocked.
I really must keep going now I've restarted smile

Annapops Sat 06-Feb-21 08:54:03

Good morning all from a very grey County Durham. I haven't posted for a while as I've had a touch of winter misery and just wanted to curl up for a while in my own little ball. But Spring is surely round the corner and the daylight seems to be stretching out that little bit longer. Something to bring cheer.

Last week I decided to resurrect my old knitting needles. It must be at least 35 plus years ago that I followed a pattern and to my joy I hadn't forgotten. Keeping myself busy during times of "just sitting" has been the tonic I needed. So far two hats, scarves and I am about to give some knitted toys a go. Wish me luck.

Like many of you I am missing my family so much it's beginning to feel like an ache. However there is light at the end of that tunnel. The first vaccination in the family took place last week and it was GS1. We are all so relieved. GS1 who is now 20 was once a tiny 2lb prem baby whose lungs suffered the effects of his early arrival. Knowing he now has some protection has brought some cheer to us all. At least any return to uni will now be less stressful.

Hoping you all find something to make you smile today and those with troubles, worries and in pain find some much needed relief.

harrigran Sat 06-Feb-21 08:54:30

Good morning from the NE where it is wet again.
Yesterday was a horrible day with cloud right down to the ground and I needed the lights on all day.
Take care Mick, it is early days to be gadding about.
Thinking of Georgesgran and her DH.
Please let there be a decent film on Netflix that I can watch today.

baubles Sat 06-Feb-21 08:55:06

Good morning Mick, morning all from damp and grey South Lanarkshire, the snow has been seen off by the rain, hurrah for small mercies.

I’m going to look for signs of spring when I go for my walk later. Yesterday the little pooch and I got caught in a blizzard so it was a case of head down and plant one foot in front of the other all the way home instead of taking in the views.

I’m going to look for a recipe for beef stifado so I’ll potter in the kitchen this morning and crochet while keeping half an eye on the rugby this afternoon.

Hope everyone with pain, sadness or worries finds even a little relief today.

Georgesgran Sat 06-Feb-21 08:55:50

Good morning from Durham - wet here again. Brought DH home last night and he has 3 more sessions of radiotherapy booked for the spinal tumour.
However, as if things couldn’t get much worse he was told the cancer has spread to his brain.
Appointment with Consultant on Wednesday.
Can’t say much more. X

Grandmabatty Sat 06-Feb-21 08:58:11

Good morning all. Dreich and windy in Polmont again. So far February feels like an extension of January! Mick take care and don't overdo things. Marydoll I'm sorry you're feeling low. Hopefully you'll hear about your vaccine soon. I'm going to Aldi in a little while. I'd rather stay home as it looks horrible out. The weather is definitely coming from the East as the living room window is spattered with rain. East weather is unusual for us as the prevailing wind is normally from the west. So east means extreme in some way. I have no plans other than some housework once I've done the shopping. Yesterday I was at the optician and it was alright. Social distance was observed. It was quiet in town which helped too. New specs arrive next Sunday and I have an appointment to collect them. My prescription hasn't changed much for which I'm heartily glad as it's been a long time since I had an eye test. However the optician spotted the beginning of a cataract which was a bit of a shock. I feel old!

kittylester Sat 06-Feb-21 08:59:19

Good morning all from a misty North Leicestershire.

It rained overnight but only outside!!!

Flower delivery from the florist today and hoovering up the mess made by the roofmen.

I am sending a huge (but very gentle) hug to Auntiflo and wishing georgesgran's DH well.

Grandmabatty Sat 06-Feb-21 08:59:23

Georgesgran I'm sorry to hear about your husband. ?

Marydoll Sat 06-Feb-21 09:02:59

Georgesgran, I'm so sorry to hear your news. ?

dragonfly46 Sat 06-Feb-21 09:04:44

Georgesgran flowers

brook2704 Sat 06-Feb-21 09:10:27

georgesgran thinking of you and your DH ?

Alygran Sat 06-Feb-21 09:10:38

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s dark and damp again.
Auntieflo I’m so sorry to hear your news from yesterday. Sending a virtual hug.
Marydoll take it easy and you too Mick
I have a zoom meeting with my fellow charity trustees this morning. Some have full time jobs so we have to fit in when we can.
Nothing much else on today.
Hope everyone has a good day. Stay safe.

Susan56 Sat 06-Feb-21 09:12:08

Good morning from Shropshire.

It has been a sad couple of weeks for our family but time to rejoin the human race, well as much as we can in lockdown.
Thank you for the kind messages, they meant a lot.

Georgesgran,I am so sorry to hear your news.x

Alygran Sat 06-Feb-21 09:13:27

Georgesgran our post crossed.
I am so, so sorry to hear your news. I am holding your (virtual) hand through this time flowers

GrannyGravy13 Sat 06-Feb-21 09:13:33

Georgesgran thanks

Nannytopsy Sat 06-Feb-21 09:17:18

Good morning Mick and all his followers. There’s a bit of sunshine in Suffolk at the moment but we have the snow coming too.
I shall nip up to the farm for some potatoes but that’s about it today. We shall watch rugby most of the weekend, which will give me a chance to push on with DGD’s knitted blanket. I have 7 weeks until her birthday.
Best wishes to you all but particularly Marydoll, Georgesgran, AuntiFlo.
I hope today is kind to everyone.