Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(78 Posts)
12Michael Wed 10-Feb-21 06:12:12

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, and cold here in Brackley this morning , looking icy but no overnight snow .
Today , later a small shop get somethings I need a chance to try out the face mask exempt in a supermarket .
Had a call from my surgery reference a general health check lasting 2 0 minutes , assume blood test, urine sample etc.
Take Care ,
Mick

ann678tifney Wed 10-Feb-21 12:52:18

Morning everyone from a cold NE, and more snow today, can't complain yesterday and today the first we have had. DH was to have his Vax yesterday, however nurses weren't happy with him, so no VAX, instead a trip to hospital. He was kept in last night, and hopefully home today. Only problem someone in the ward tested postive for Covid, so not sure what that means for us, will have to ring the helpline to find out if he has to isolate, and if I have to isolate, there is so much confusing information out there about who should and shouldn't isolate!!!! Glad to hear you got to see dentist Marydoll and that you are going to get your VAX today. Hope everyone keeps well and safe.

Mazz21 Wed 10-Feb-21 13:03:37

Hi again

Re our worldwide cuisine, we just get Alexa to choose the country and then it’s good old Google after that for the national food. To be fair, Alexa is rubbish at picking a country so we first get her to choose a continent and then to name a country in that continent.

I’ve never thought of asking Alexa to play that country’s music - great shout, we’ll do that next week. Mind you, it’s Australia and we'll probably know a lot of their offerings.

Have enjoyed the countries so far as it’s not stuff we’ve ever eaten before - and it does have to use ingredients that we have or can easily get. Australia seems to be mostly food we know and have eaten before but there’s a few contenders in there to choose from that are new to us.

I just need something to break the routine - flip, not even retired a week and already I’m trying to alleviate boredom! ?

Take care everyone ?