Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(77 Posts)
12Michael Wed 10-Feb-21 06:12:12

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, and cold here in Brackley this morning , looking icy but no overnight snow .
Today , later a small shop get somethings I need a chance to try out the face mask exempt in a supermarket .
Had a call from my surgery reference a general health check lasting 2 0 minutes , assume blood test, urine sample etc.
Take Care ,
Mick

grandMattie Wed 10-Feb-21 06:16:59

Good morning from a crisp dry E Kent.
DH has his hormone injection today. That means that we shall both be having more hot flushes for a month or so. It’s not fair, I thought I’d done my bit for global warming years ago.
Spanish homework and chicken Musakhan for dinner.
What exciting lives we lead!
May today bring relief and good news to all who need it, a cheer up for the rest of us. Stay safe ?

Pantglas2 Wed 10-Feb-21 06:19:31

Morning Mick from a cold but dry north Wales where I’m enjoying the chamberpot and contemplating the unbizzee day ahead......

Will toast some crumpets later - I too have followed EllanVannin into the delights, Amselerin! Shan’t be making them as I’ve discovered Tesco Finest Sourdough crumpets - a little dearer but delishus!?

Look forward to reading more of Miss Marydolls Mishaps - I swear more happens to her in a day than I get to regale you with in a fortnight!

Hope all with troubles have an easier day and all stay safe ?

Beechnut Wed 10-Feb-21 06:33:30

Good Morning everyone from Severnside. It is frosty and cold.
I have to stay in today for a delivery. (not that I had anywhere to go) It’s a surprise ? so something to look forward to.

I’ll look out for sour dough crumpets Pant, though I may have to go to a bigger Tesco.

Hoping to start my spring cleaning and find a Scentia smile somewhere under the dust.
Take care all ?

grandMattie Wed 10-Feb-21 06:44:38

May I enjoy the crumpets vicariously please? I love crumpets but daren’t eat any as I would be the size of the proverbial sh*t house if I did.

Sheepandcattle Wed 10-Feb-21 06:47:38

Good morning Mick and all. Very cold here in Wiltshire -5, which means that the first job of the day will be ensuring all the animals have water as the troughs will be frozen this morning - not the nicest start to the day. On a positive note, with such hard, frozen ground, there’s less mud around! Once everything is fed, watered and cleaned out, we need to go and stock up on lambing supplies and animal feed as the truck goes for its MOT tomorrow and I’ve got a feeling it’s going to be at the garage for a few days so I don’t want to run out of essentials with only the tractor for shopping trips!
Wishing you all a happy, if chilly day.

Bellasnana Wed 10-Feb-21 07:09:52

Good morning from Malta where it is a public holiday being the feast of St. Paul’s Shipwreck.

It looks like a nice day with a high of 20°C but I won’t be going anywhere.

Hope Marydoll managed to get that tooth sorted and that you all manage to have as good a day as possible. ☀️

Scentia Wed 10-Feb-21 07:11:50

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire where it covered in snow, which is now frozen.
Today is my 31st wedding anniversary and I am off work. We don’t normally celebrate it but as I can’t go out anyway as I am a scaredy-cat driving in the ice I may make him a nice dinner for tonight. Mind you if it thaws out by lunchtime I will be off out to take DGS out for a bit of fresh air snd a change of scenery.
I hope Mary feels brighter today. If you are struggling in any way try to think positive. Numbers are falling, spring is coming and there is hope on the horizon of some sort for everyone. Take care in this weather and stay warm and safe and upright.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 10-Feb-21 07:14:53

Good morning Mick and all

Brrr it’s cold here in S E Essex. Bed changing and washing this morning, how exciting. Then I need to find wrapping paper for GSs birthday gift, I know I have some but where is it???

I shall make a Thai Green Curry for dinner assuming the Farm Shop has the couple of ingredients I am missing.

Keep warm, safe and well folks ?‍♀️

kittylester Wed 10-Feb-21 07:15:33

Good morning all from a very cold North Leicestershire. We had snow overnight which is still on our velux bedroom windows.

My jab appointment went very smoothly yesterday and I had the bonus of popping to see DD1 and her 2 children for a lovely pavement chat.

Today our cleaner will be here and i will be doing another Zoom Carer's course. Then I must do some ironing and finish my Sainsbury's order.

Have a good day everyone.

NotAGran55 Wed 10-Feb-21 07:18:15

Good morning from frozen West Berkshire.

Good news that Marydoll has a plan for her tooth ?, albeit that she will lose an arm and a leg to pay for it!

Lazy morning here , just going to prepare the ingredients for today’s dinner of curry and then off to the food bank this afternoon .

Stay warm and safe everyone.

nanna8 Wed 10-Feb-21 07:23:39

A bit hot here, around 32 C still but I expect it will cool off soon. Just had a BBQ. Lazy day, just did a bit of admin on the computer then went and posted some letters, wandered round the shops and bought groceries. A bit of gardening this afternoon but too hot so came in and had a beer with my husband.

Bellasnana Wed 10-Feb-21 07:24:05

Happy Anniversary Scentia???

Gingster Wed 10-Feb-21 07:25:25

Good morning all and although much of the snow has gone, it’s very icy.

We decided to go for our vaccines yesterday. We were going to rebook but thought we’d chance the snowy roads. The main roads were fine. It was a lengthy do. Waited in the car for 40 minutes until called into the marquee. Stood there for another 20 minutes and then to the hall to answer more questions with the nurse. Then had the shots. So all in all we were there 1hr and 20 mins, in the cold. All the people I know who’ve had it have said ‘we were in and out in a jiffy’. Must have been the weather! All the volunteers and nurses were so lovely. Out in the car park , they must have been freezing.

I had a fitful night with hardly any sleep. Feel ok but tired. I don’t think it’s the vaccine. Who knows .

Our boiler switched itself off yesterday, but our trusty plumber came almost immediately and fixed it. A frozen pipe outside! The house loses its heat so quickly as we’re open plan, but soon warmed up again after he’d been. Thank goodness.

Amselerin your English is perfect ! ?

I should walk to the greengrocers today, but feel lethargic. I’m sure we can manage without for another day. Left over chicken casserole made into something else tonight ?

Keep warm all and have a cosy day.

Ashcombe Wed 10-Feb-21 07:26:37

Good morning, everyone, from a still blustery Torbay with strong winds which we’ve had since Sunday! Only snow flurries at present so we have that for which to be thankful. DH has had quite a lot fall overnight in his part of France, near Le Mans.

Quite the opposite to nanna8! And wandering around shops, too. I’ve almost forgotten how to do that!

I hope those with ongoing health issues, especially Marydoll, find some easing of discomfort and everyone stays warm and well. I have a Wednesday Club Zoom (amdram social) later but no other excitement today!

Happy anniversary to Scentia! ?????

Dwmxwg Wed 10-Feb-21 07:33:52

Good morning Mick and all. Cold with clear skies hear in north Surrey. It was snowing on my journey home last night but only settling on the cars.
Off for my PT session in a minute, in his garage with door wide open, I have layered up and hopefully will soon warm up with exercise.
Not much else planned. My night to look after boys so will be off to them early evening.
Have a good day all

Nannagarra Wed 10-Feb-21 07:35:16

Good morning from the Sefton coast where it is minus 3. I’m another crumpet fan - notably Warburtons - but I’ll look out for those recommended today. Veg order text and collect service for me today. I’m missing my little forays on the comfy bus (which my DSs tease is like that in the Simpsons) to local shops. In olden times DH, accompanied by at least one of DSs’ dogs, would meet me from the bus and carry home the provisions. Happy days!
Have the best day you can everyone. ⛄️?

Sparklefizz Wed 10-Feb-21 07:36:12

Good morning Mick and all GNs from a very cold South Glos.

More WiFi problems here since getting my new router - everything works except the TV. Plusnet said they had found a fault on my landline and insisted this was the problem. I couldn't see how other devices would work and connect to WiFi but not the TV .... however, what do I know? confused The TV was fine with the old router.

Anyway, the engineer came out yesterday. Felt so sorry for him, he spent 3.5 hours leaning over a hole in the ground in the bitter cold but I discovered later that it hasn't solved the problem. Sigh. So I will be on the case today when really I wanted to be doing more fun things!

Special thoughts to Marydoll, Auntieflo and Georgesgran and anyone who is not well or heavy-hearted. flowers

Stay warm and safe everyone. x

Jaxjacky Wed 10-Feb-21 07:37:42

Good morning all from a very cold S Hants. Happy Anniversary Scentia, nanna8 your post sounds unreal to us here and not just the weather! Along with quite a few of you it’s curry tonight, using the leftover chicken from Sunday. I got quite cross yesterday hearing about people I know being totally irresponsible regarding Covid rules. I know being cross doesn’t help, but it’s darned annoying. Takes a big breath...I must go out for a walk today, I don’t really enjoy it and go because I feel I ought to and didn’t go yesterday. Anyway, enough of Mrs Grump here; have a good day all, hoping a little glimpse of ?comes your way.

Sar53 Wed 10-Feb-21 07:42:29

Good morning from Essex by the sea where the snow is still lying, the wind is blowing and it looks cold outside.
I think DH is going to start rubbing down the woodwork in the bedroom today, ready for painting. I'm sure I will get roped in to help at some stage.
Happy Anniversary to Scentia and her DH ?.
Hoping for some good news from DD2 later ?.
Have the best Wednesday you can and stay warm and safe xx

mancgirl Wed 10-Feb-21 07:45:25

Good morning from a chilly Manchester. Alexa informs me it's minus 6° outside ?. Not posted for a while, not much to add but I'm fine and was Pfizered last week. Home school today for Gs1 who was 5 last weekend. Must be getting to me, I was dreaming of tricky words and different ways of making 8! I've been following all your posts as I read daily. Keep hoping Gilly will appear and hoping all is OK with her. Keep well everyone. (((hugs))) for those with illness and ?for those with extra cares and worries.

mancgirl Wed 10-Feb-21 07:46:06

PS, thanks Farview ?

baubles Wed 10-Feb-21 07:56:06

Good morning Mick, morning all from South Lanarkshire where it’s snowing again.

For the first time in ages I’ve got a fairly busy day ahead. Firstly a dental appointment to replace a very old filling, then a flying visit to drop off birthday presents to my little GS and at some point today the damaged garage door is being replaced. I don’t know how I’ll cope with so much to do!
All of this is weather dependent though, if the snow keeps up none of it will happen.

Little pooch and I had a lovely walk yesterday but got caught in a blizzard on our way home, poor wee thing could barely see where she was going, she has eyebrows which were fast turning into clumps of ice, normally she loves playing in the snow but seemed a little discombobulated by that.

Hope everyone has a peaceful day.

NannyJan53 Wed 10-Feb-21 08:02:07

Good morning from an icy cold Black Country, but with clear blue skies!

Ordered a Liquidiser for Mum, so collecting that this morning, then take it over to her. Then try to see why her Portal isn't working. I have a link to a helpline. If it cannot be solved, they will need to send a new one as it was only bought last April. It has been a lifeline for her, to be able to chat and actually see the family, especially her granddaughter in Australia.

Had a long video chat with a group of friends last night, it has been about a year since we all got together for lunch.

DD sent me a photo of a Valentine card 9 year old DGD sent to her sister aged 12. It said' 'Love you best Sis' DD said 'Turns out she does love her after all' smile. They do bicker quite a lot!

I too love Crumpets (call them Pikelets here) but I eat them rarely as I have to have them smothered in butter!

Wishing you all a good day, love and hugs to Marydoll and hoping gilly is ok

I love that phrase Mancgirl I was Pfizered! smile So good to hear that every day, more and more of us are getting our jabs! Hope to hear about mine soon.

Urmstongran Wed 10-Feb-21 08:07:38

Good morning everyone from a sunny and dry South Manchester. Lovely apricot and pale blue sky with not a cloud in sight. I can see the Pennines quite clearly - always a good sign!

I’m off to an appointment with the dental hygienist late morning. He’s very gentle but as (owing to circumstances) it’s been a year since I’ve seen him I will take two paracetamol before I go! Himself has his Covid vaccine at lunchtime.

We would often go over to see my stepfather and take his groceries on Wednesday but being cautious, I’ve persuaded Himself we undertake no unnecessary driving this afternoon. So, Rest up and fish, chips and peas for tea from the chippy downstairs is the game plan!

Happy anniversary Scentia and hope your anxieties are washed away today Sar53. Hope Wednesday is good to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x