Gransnet forums

Chat

You know you're getting old when you're excited by...

(132 Posts)
vampirequeen Thu 11-Feb-21 10:44:49

...a new freezer.

I've got one coming on Sunday. I'm so excited which when you think about it is so sad. It's not that our old one broke it's just a bit too small. This one will give me the extra space I need. When I was younger I got excited about Christmas, birthdays, holidays, nights out, nights in, fun things in general. Now it's a freezer hmm

Georgesgran Sun 14-Feb-21 17:22:34

The delivery of a bucket and spinning mop from QVC. Yes, obviously I really need to get out more - oops, still locked down/in!

Elusivebutterfly Sun 14-Feb-21 15:22:16

I was excited last week to get a text inviting me to book a Covid vaccine. It's the main topic of conversation with family and friends in the same age group to find out who has had the vaccine!
It's also exciting to see the snow and ice disappearing so I can go out for a walk again.

justwokeup Sun 14-Feb-21 15:06:25

Going to the dentist! It was just doing something 'normal' that was so nice.

grannybuy Sun 14-Feb-21 14:16:09

My DS, (who has learning difficulties ) and I had our vaccination last week, and we were quite excited. I had him practising doing the Conga before we went, because I'd decided we were going to Conga out of the building after it - and we did!

tiredoldwoman Sun 14-Feb-21 13:37:40

Today's thaw is beginning to excite me - I might get safely to work tomorrow . But when I was wee , a thaw would have made me sad , no more sledging or snowball fights .

Nanananana1 Sun 14-Feb-21 13:31:00

nanna8 I am with you on the fabric thrills! I have just spent a whole week taking out little pieces of fabric from my mountain and ironing them, folding them and putting them all back! Each piece holds such promise! So exciting!

Perhaps we should have a Gransnet show and tell with our arts, crafts and hobbies?

Txquiltz Sun 14-Feb-21 01:51:14

I increased the wattage in my light bulbs because it was getting harder to see. Worked a charm. I am really excited.???

Juliet27 Sun 14-Feb-21 01:48:43

That sounds fun kathsue I must try that. We enjoy watching flight radar...it’s amazing how many hundreds of planes there still are in the sky.

Kim19 Sun 14-Feb-21 01:38:19

I'm almost euphoric at the prospect of moving out of minus temperatures later on today. Apparently I have to experience a fall of 'ice rain' first. Jolly D!

V3ra Sun 14-Feb-21 00:11:40

Every day since January I have taken the minded children for a long rambling walk up the local paved pedestrian lane. There are rocks to climb on, rabbit holes to peer into, dog-walkers to say hello to, a horse to watch, and lorries to wave at from the motorway bridge.

On Friday my friend and I decided we'd take the three-year old boys to the local country park and fly a kite for a much-needed change of scenery.

Well, the excitement!
"We're going to the park! We're going to the park! We're not just going up the lane, we're going to the park!!" ??

Sad really because normally we take them on all sorts of outings ?

sallysmum Sat 13-Feb-21 23:03:16

In this lockdown I get excited if anyone walks down my street. Where is everyone. Ĺike me I suppose following loçkdown rules and staying home.

BoBo53 Fri 12-Feb-21 21:37:45

I get excited when it’s a Tuesday and we go to the supermarket how sad is that!

grannypiper Fri 12-Feb-21 21:11:13

A parcel being delivered in a good sturdy box. Oh i love good boxes, i just have to keep them incase they come in handy.

GrannyRose15 Fri 12-Feb-21 20:31:41

I used to love going out for coffee with a friend. Now a cappuccino from a motorway service station seems like the height of luxury.

Dragonella Fri 12-Feb-21 19:58:58

Nuff said!

BluePizzaWalking Fri 12-Feb-21 19:47:10

I remember doing that too - watching a brand new automatic washing machine work. It wasn't even my purchase, it was my mum and dad's when I was a child. I remember clearly how excited the whole family were with it ?

kathsue Fri 12-Feb-21 19:46:25

I got excited watching the red dot on a map showing me where the pizza delivery man was. I was calling out to DGS ....he's at the roundabout, he's coming up the hill, he's turned left and right, he's round the corner HE'S HERE! and I opened the door before he had chance to press the bell. grin

Urmstongran Fri 12-Feb-21 19:44:21

Nanof3

An order of some new nighties arrived, I couldn't wait for bedtime.

❤️ it Nanof3 that really made me smile!

Lizbethann55 Fri 12-Feb-21 19:29:29

grandmajet me too! I was gutted last night.

eazybee Fri 12-Feb-21 19:10:31

Even more excited: my fitted sheet ordered on Wednesday evening arrived today, just after I posted about it!!!

grandmajet Fri 12-Feb-21 18:04:28

Annodomini, ?

GreyKnitter Fri 12-Feb-21 17:55:30

SillyNanny - that’s me with the Tesco delivery! Especially if they have the duck wraps which are our weekly treat!

annodomini Fri 12-Feb-21 17:53:32

grandmajet, thanks for that. I'm now officially excited!

grandmajet Fri 12-Feb-21 17:21:17

I was really excited when I discovered that the episode of Death in Paradise that was missing from last night is actually on tonight instead! I just love it!

PipandFinn Fri 12-Feb-21 17:06:51

These are all so lovely but I was especially moved by KWEST..... It also just warms the heart knowing how little it takes to make us happy......x