Gransnet forums

Chat

You know you're getting old when you're excited by...

(132 Posts)
vampirequeen Thu 11-Feb-21 10:44:49

...a new freezer.

I've got one coming on Sunday. I'm so excited which when you think about it is so sad. It's not that our old one broke it's just a bit too small. This one will give me the extra space I need. When I was younger I got excited about Christmas, birthdays, holidays, nights out, nights in, fun things in general. Now it's a freezer hmm

Nanananana1 Sun 14-Feb-21 13:31:00

nanna8 I am with you on the fabric thrills! I have just spent a whole week taking out little pieces of fabric from my mountain and ironing them, folding them and putting them all back! Each piece holds such promise! So exciting!

Perhaps we should have a Gransnet show and tell with our arts, crafts and hobbies?

tiredoldwoman Sun 14-Feb-21 13:37:40

Today's thaw is beginning to excite me - I might get safely to work tomorrow . But when I was wee , a thaw would have made me sad , no more sledging or snowball fights .

grannybuy Sun 14-Feb-21 14:16:09

My DS, (who has learning difficulties ) and I had our vaccination last week, and we were quite excited. I had him practising doing the Conga before we went, because I'd decided we were going to Conga out of the building after it - and we did!

justwokeup Sun 14-Feb-21 15:06:25

Going to the dentist! It was just doing something 'normal' that was so nice.

Elusivebutterfly Sun 14-Feb-21 15:22:16

I was excited last week to get a text inviting me to book a Covid vaccine. It's the main topic of conversation with family and friends in the same age group to find out who has had the vaccine!
It's also exciting to see the snow and ice disappearing so I can go out for a walk again.

Georgesgran Sun 14-Feb-21 17:22:34

The delivery of a bucket and spinning mop from QVC. Yes, obviously I really need to get out more - oops, still locked down/in!