Gransnet forums

Chat

Give a Fiver in Thanks for Vaccination

(33 Posts)
FarNorth Mon 15-Feb-21 00:19:48

A campaign whose site links to a number of charities where you can donate a fiver, after getting your vaccine.

www.highfiver.co.uk/

GreyKnitter Mon 15-Feb-21 11:45:40

Done. I’ve made my donation. So simple online!

PippaZ Mon 15-Feb-21 11:59:29

I've given mine to Dementia UK which is my chosen charity. Hopefully, the work they do will mean fewer and fewer people have to face what those with Dementia, living in care homes and at home, had too in the future.

So Dementia UK has my £5 and hopefully that of others as I will share the article Far North quoted for us on FB. (My friends won't mind a jog. They are big enough to make up their own minds.)

FarNorth Mon 15-Feb-21 12:38:43

Thanks PippaZ and GreyKnitter.

May7 Mon 15-Feb-21 12:46:31

Thank you for bringing attention to this FarNorth What a brilliant idea I will share this

lemsip Mon 15-Feb-21 13:00:55

well, we're told the vaccine is free,so avoid scams that want you to pay.. But now just giving wants donations of £5 for the Get vax give back fiver' who set it up I would like to know!
I will give to marie curie charity. Don't like suggestions from the just giving brigade!

Maggiemaybe Mon 15-Feb-21 13:47:20

Just Giving doesn’t set charities up. It’s simply a platform to enable people to give to charity and for charities to raise money. There’s a small charge to the charity or fundraiser, but it’s often worth paying it to increase donations.

Other posters have given information above about the origins of this particular fundraiser.

Maggiemaybe Mon 15-Feb-21 13:52:38

Thanks for the link, Far North. I’m donating my fiver and one for the other half to Barnado’s, simply because their donations seem to be lagging a bit. They’re all excellent causes.