Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(80 Posts)
12Michael Mon 15-Feb-21 06:06:13

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, and wet here in Brackley this morning , will have a generally quiet day.
Some housework etc, I found yesterday morning very cold , I went to the supermarket , expecting milder temperatures but the cold air hit me .
Take Care,
Mick

Gingster Mon 15-Feb-21 08:03:56

Good morning from Essex and yes Sar And GG it’s damp and dreary.

I spent most of yesterday afternoon on the phone to my cousin and my sister In law. Didn’t get a chance to speak to DB so will phone him today. I was quite exhausted and my mouth was dry afterwards but it does brighten me up to talk to someone, other than DH. ?. Another cousin is now, hopefully, recovering from COVID. She’s a nurse in a police station, so front line but hasn’t been given the jab. Shes been very poorly.

Your flowers are beautiful Ashcombe . I had a delivery also and was very surprised but delighted of course.

Today I have my Zoom Bridge session with our old teacher and a lot of classmates, who I miss so much. It’s so great to see them.

Another day of trying to get DH to phone the docs. He’s not right in many ways and I think it could be the change in medication since he had a TIA last April. Gradual general decline. Statins springs to mind. It’s like banging my head against a brick wall. Men!!!!!!!

Have a gentle day everyone. ?

Pittcity Mon 15-Feb-21 08:09:15

Good morning from rainy Colchester. There are still a few patches of snow but this will soon melt as 9 degrees is forecast today...where's my bikini??
Awaiting some parcels and a walk to Lidl are today's plans. Not decided what's on the menu yet.
I hope to persuade DS to use his week off to sort and cull some of his "stuff"!

grannysyb Mon 15-Feb-21 08:16:03

Good morning from a wet Teddington. It's meant to clear later, hope si as DH wants to go to the allotment and put some fondant into the hives. Not much else planned. Hope Marydoll feels better soon. Lovely flowers Ashcombe! Hope Micks review goes well. Have the best day possible everyone.

Greyduster Mon 15-Feb-21 08:18:06

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from a foggy, damp, dreary South Yorkshire where I am still in bed drinking coffee. Bedroom cleaning this morning (when I finally get up!) and this afternoon....... well, we’ll see, but whatever it is, it doesn’t look as if it’s going to be outside. It’s going to be a wet week. Have a good day folks and stay safe!

Lins1066 Mon 15-Feb-21 08:18:24

Good morning Mick and all, damp and cloudy here on the S Welsh coast. It was really misty at 2am, didn't sleep much.
Little to report here either.
Lovely flowers Ash and Gingster, hope your cousin recovers soon.
Have a good day everyone.

Gelisajams Mon 15-Feb-21 08:19:15

Good morning from Morecambe Bay where it is much warmer than of late. So much so, we may venture into the garden later, to begin waking it up. If I don’t give mine a good do before I start back gardening for others I never get caught up all season. But first DH has a telephone check up following his recent tests with his consultant.
My anxiety level has been in overdrive this weekend.
Thinking of everyone who has bigger problems and worries than me though.
Beautiful flowers Ashcombe, I do hope you can meet up soon.
Take care and stay safe everyone ?

Alygran Mon 15-Feb-21 08:25:02

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s very foggy this morning so it must be warmer. The snow has finally gone.
Cleaning and admin today.
I’m going to see if I can book a vaccine now my age group has been called. The local centre isn’t coming up on the list just yet.
Hope everyone has a good day. Stay safe.

Stilllearning Mon 15-Feb-21 08:29:31

Morning from a green S Lanarkshire, what a gladsome sight!
Sorry to hear about your really difficult reactions to the vaccination Marydoll, I felt rotten but nothing like you are experiencing. I’m fine this morning.
Beautiful flowers Ashcombe, this must be so difficult for you and your husband. I could just see you relaxing on that porch the other day!
The shapeless weekend has left me totally out of whatever routine I had managed to establish so today’s challenge is to get a plan back in place, I have discovered I really need that.
I do need to prepare for my zoom book club tomorrow so that’s a start and definitely a walk.
?to Beechnut and good wishes to everyone x

BlueSapphire Mon 15-Feb-21 08:32:06

Good morning everyone from a grey and damp Northampton, looking very miserable outside.

Another long day 'home alone' yesterday, but managed to occupy myself with Sunday papers, sewing up my cardigan, finishing the neck band and watching rugby. It will probably be the same today.

Lovely pictures of flowers and a beautiful cow above!

Take care and stay safe everyone.

Auntieflo Mon 15-Feb-21 08:46:35

Good morning Mick, Annie, and all. Our bit of Berks is damp and a lot warmer today.
Later on I have a hospital appointment for a blood test and Covid swab, in preparation for Thursday's biopsy.
Love the tales from the farm SheepandCattle, but always such hard work for you all. hats off to you.
Marydoll, sorry to hear that you still feel so poorly, but you do put a brave face on things. flowers for you, and a hug.
Beautiful flowers Ashcombe, and to GrandMattie's GD, best wishes for her next operation. That has come round very quickly.
By the way, I haven't seen Greenfinch posting recently. Hope she is OK. Also greetings to Gillybob, if she pops in at all.
Off to get myself ready to face the day now, so enjoy the rest of your day folks.

Jaxjacky Mon 15-Feb-21 08:58:32

Good morning all from a damp, mild S Hants. Hope your checkup goes well today Mick. And Marydoll that today your reaction subsides. Beautiful flowers ladies, very cheering. No real plans today, chemist to put my prescription in and on a seed compost hunt. DH wants to start preparing part of the garden for when the greenhouse arrives, no date on it yet and I’m awaiting a text for my vaccination. My hair needs a colour, I may do that later in the week.
DD on half term with the GC’s this week, but the weather is looking quite wet. Have a gentle day all.

Urmstongran Mon 15-Feb-21 09:01:23

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where it’s dry and milder. We’re meeting the grandchildren in the park in a couple of hours. I will get a takeaway coffee for our daughter - she’s home with them this week as it’s half term and she’s a teacher. The best benefit for them at holiday times! This afternoon I’m out for a long walk with my friend. It’s forecast to be dry all day so that’s handy.

I shan’t post in the morning. We have to be up super early to collect my stepfather and take him the other side of Manchester for his much awaited second cataract operation.

Gorgeous flowers Ashcombe you must be missing each other so much. As the saying goes ‘absence makes the heart grow fonder’! Being nosy, do you have any plans to live together? Marydoll sorry to hear you’re feeling meh. Takes the shine off the vaccine for you but long term you’ll be glad. Scentia you made me laugh at the comment about that wallpaper for your grandson!

I’m away to get dressed. My vaccination is Wednesday at noon, this roll out is pretty impressive. I rang my 85y.o. neighbour from along that landing in Spain yesterday and no-one she knows has had a jab yet.

Hope Monday is good to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

Anniebach Mon 15-Feb-21 09:03:21

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

EkwaNimitee Mon 15-Feb-21 09:16:15

Good morning to you Mick and All. The Cumbrian coast is mild and overcast but bright and dry so far.
Yesterday early evening was tedious...the power started cutting out for just a split second and kept doing it. It wouldn't have mattered but each time it set off the alarm system. I was up and down rushing to reset it. I had visions of leaping up and down throughout the night to keep doing so. Finally, I rang the emergency number to see what was going on. Result--the job was about to complete, this at 8.30pm. We were warned on the weather forecast early on that freezing rain might cause cuts so maybe it was that or maybe the strong winds we'd had all day which have thankfully gone.
I hate alarms, past experience has shown that they are no deterrent, and I'd never have one installed voluntarily but I'm in a let here.
Sheepandcattle I might envy the farming life but your experience with your ewes tells me I would have not had the stomach for dealing with your problem!
I'm off to deal with simpler things, it's housework and washing day.
As good a day as possible to all.

polomint Mon 15-Feb-21 09:24:29

Good morning from.central Lanarkshire where it is a lot milder.
Sorry to hear some of you are having side effects of vaccine.
Did not have a great sleep. Let dog out at 2am and could not get back to sleep till after 5.30 so I'm pretty tired . Have a good day

muse Mon 15-Feb-21 09:25:23

Hope all goes well today Mick and I do hope those side effects wear off soon Marydoll. Sorry to hear that quite a few have had more side effects than just a sore arm. Enjoy the walk Urmston Sun here at the moment in Cornwall and will get the dog walk in before the rain comes back (this afternoon.

Mya's poop problems back again. She only gets a few days respite. Have a very uneasy feeling about all this.

Lovely flowers Ashcombe. Mr.M made me a beautiful card.

Take care everyone.

Susan56 Mon 15-Feb-21 09:34:23

Good morning from Shropshire where the sun is shining?

Cleaning the bedrooms and bathrooms is all we have planned for today.Living the life??

Mary,I hope your hospital appointment goes well and that the side effects you are experiencing start to lessen.

Thinking of Cherry,Ellan,Georgesgran,Auntieflo,Iris and anyone else with illness and worries.

Have a good day everyone and stay safe.

Gelisajams Mon 15-Feb-21 09:47:50

The consultant has just phoned, earlier than the appointment which was good. No change in DH’s test results so feeling very relieved. He will check again in 3 months but if it’s still ok, 6 months to next appointment. ?

annsixty Mon 15-Feb-21 09:51:05

Good morning all from Stockport.
Yes I am still around and posted on the thread about Jingles on Saturday. Sad news as she was younger than me.
I have had a bit of a torrid time, facing my own mortality, not seeing my D and GC for 13 months now and wondering if I will ever see them again.
I have recovered really well from my hip op but it hasn’t altered my life in the way I hoped apart from being pain free and that of course is immense.
However a metaphorical kick up the rear has been needed and administered and I am hoping for better news from Boris for us all.
Apologies to folk who PM’d me, I tried to reply yesterday but currently can’t send.
I think tech are looking into it.
Very best wishes to all under the weather and to dear Iris for Wednesday.

harrigran Mon 15-Feb-21 09:51:40

Good morning from a foggy NE where the snow is disappearing quite quickly.
DS and family joined us in a video call last night. It is so lovely to see our GDs on camera, the eldest GD's hair is almost down to her waist now.
No sign of vaccinations in my sister's town in Germany, she is eighty and is out and about all the time so I worry about her.
Thinking of all those under the weather especially you Marydoll with your added post vaccination poorlyness.

Kalu Mon 15-Feb-21 09:54:48

Good morning all from a milder Glasgow. Going out for a walk to get some form exercise and fresh air.

Just to balance after effects of the vaccine, I had mine on Saturday with a stiff arm for a couple of days but otherwise fine. Sorry you are having such an awful time after yours Marydoll.

Beautiful flowers Ashcombe. DH bought me the DVD of one of my favourite film, Shining Through. I still have a bubble watching a certain scene, even though I know when it comes up. ?

Hope all have a pleasant day. The sun has just appeared in time for a walk. ?

annsixty Mon 15-Feb-21 09:55:37

A p.s.
I had my vaccine four weeks ago with not even a sore arm so now I am worrying that it has not had the desired effect.
So many have said their side effects mean it is working on their system.
Just one more thing to worry about.

Nannagarra Mon 15-Feb-21 10:00:48

Good morning from the Sefton coast where it is much milder.
Yesterday I made tamarind beef with ginger beer. It is very sweet so possibly better suited to pork. Sorry to learn some are having unpleasant reactions to the vax. May you soon feel better. Thinking of those with medical appointments and planned operations. Little Iris - what a stunner! Have the best day you can everyone. ?⛅️

GrannySomerset Mon 15-Feb-21 10:03:04

So good to see you posting, annsixty even though you aren’t at your best. You are certainly not alone in feeling that the “normal” future is still a long way off, and wondering if this half life is as good as it gets.

Still, vaccinated and with spring on the way it’s worth hanging on in there. At least we aren’t suffering Marydoll’s problems, and I am reminded that I long ago decided that I didn’t ever want to be of interest to the medical profession.

Waiting for a call to say when the upholsterers are coming to collect the chairs from the sitting room, after which it will be like being young marrieds with only a soda and DH’s chair as furnishings. Full circle!

Greenfinch Mon 15-Feb-21 10:04:08

Just popped in to thank Auntieflo for her concern. I sent you a pm (8times!) on Saturday and assumed it had got through as it was in my Sent folder but perhaps not. I am OK Auntiflo apart from a tender and lumpy arm 2 weeks on. Also my tablet has packed up and for some reason it is difficult to post on my phone as I keep losing wi-fi connection and I have to sign in every time. which is tedious. However I have caught up with you on this thread and will be thinking of you on biopsy day. I often read this thread and thanks to all those who contribute. it is a delight!