Gransnet forums

Chat

Arguments Thread

(576 Posts)
FannyCornforth Wed 17-Feb-21 11:51:46

Hello Everyone smile
Just wanted to get this in first wink

Fancy some verbal jousting; a bit of rumble; a good old punch up?

Well, you're in the right place! Enjoy!

Any ideas for potential topics please?

GrannyGravy13 Wed 17-Feb-21 13:46:32

Cannot cope with folks who stand square cushions on their points or those who push down in the middle (karate chop style)

Bean Bags are bags of artificial beans therefore not classified as cushions.

My pin cushion is so rarely used I assume that it is sulking in solitary confinement at the bottom of my needlework basket.

Ellianne Wed 17-Feb-21 13:47:50

Like this.

PamelaJ1 Wed 17-Feb-21 13:48:07

I feel that cushions play a very important part in our well-being. Mine support my back wonderfully when I’m on the sofa. If I’m having a lie down they are fabulously comfy.
I feel that as I can’t praise my cushions too highly I will let you see them.
trisher I even used a cushion maker?

Ilovecheese Wed 17-Feb-21 13:48:45

I didn't know about the karate chopping, must give it a go.

Peasblossom Wed 17-Feb-21 13:48:46

? Going to have to think about my riposte. 15 -0 to you.

Riverwalk Wed 17-Feb-21 13:49:48

Good idea for a thread FC.

Threads of course have a life of their own but I hope this doesn't turn into a fantasy/jokey one.

Some years' back Anya who sadly no longer posts, started the Argy Bargy thread with the very purpose of 'no holds barred' discussions without people getting hurt or upset. It was all in the name - Argy Bargy.

For some inexplicable reason it almost immediately turned into a 'fantasy' thread, which for the life of me I don't get!

Marydoll Wed 17-Feb-21 13:53:27

GG, I have just taken delivery of another four cushions and Mr MDoll is not a happy bunny! ?

Judy54 Wed 17-Feb-21 13:54:19

How interesting FannyCornforth that you withdrew your thread on "Is it me or has it become dull on here" only to start one on arguments. Is this meant to be tongue in cheek and light hearted or is a good old punch up what you are really looking for? Good luck with that.

Peasblossom Wed 17-Feb-21 13:54:43

I see the pro cushion lobby and their cronies have taken over.

DiscoGran Wed 17-Feb-21 13:55:13

What a lovely dog, Elianne. Is that it's personal sofa and cushions?

Ellianne Wed 17-Feb-21 13:58:18

DiscoGran

What a lovely dog, Elianne. Is that it's personal sofa and cushions?

I can't tell you that Discogran. It might start an argument about the over indulgence of silly pet owners!

Esspee Wed 17-Feb-21 13:58:23

As Peasblossom brought up the subject of cushions I would like to ask her what qualifications she has do do so.

Bathsheba Wed 17-Feb-21 13:58:32

And there was me thinking that choosing 'cushions' as a topic was the soft option.

Esspee Wed 17-Feb-21 13:59:14

To do so

Lisagran Wed 17-Feb-21 14:00:33

FannyCornforth

Lisagran

Good grief, FannyCornforth, you can’t be serious. If you are, I propose Influencers are a vital part of social media platforms now, without which they would not attract an audience and therefore advertisers. Such a valuable job, starting comments off and allowing - or not - people to have their say.

Eh?
Honestly *Lisa", you don't half give me too much credit!

Oh, no, I don’t think so. I just hope it’s worth the effort.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 17-Feb-21 14:01:24

Have just counted up the cushions in the house 50+

I feel I could be the founder member of Cushions Anon

Doodle Wed 17-Feb-21 14:01:51

Is it ok to have one cushion or should you always have pairs so they can keep each other company?

Esspee Wed 17-Feb-21 14:01:57

Elliane is clearly skilled at derailing threads. A photograph of a pet and off every goes at a tangent.

DiscoGran Wed 17-Feb-21 14:01:59

Yeah, Peasblossom, who made you Chief of Cushions?

Peasblossom Wed 17-Feb-21 14:03:17

Espee my mother and father and, indeed, my grandparents parents all had cushions and some of my best friends have even made cushions, so I am fully aware of the significance of cushions in some people’s lives.

Nevertheless I believe that any thinking person who can look beyond their own desires, will see that cushions should not be, and should never have been, part of our houses.

Doodle Wed 17-Feb-21 14:03:20

I happen to know that Peasblossom has a degree in cushionology. She doesn’t brag about it but she knows her stuff(ing)

Esspee Wed 17-Feb-21 14:04:03

Doodle. Cushions should learn to be by themselves, think of the advantages, the toilet seat always remains down for a start.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 17-Feb-21 14:04:25

Doodle

Is it ok to have one cushion or should you always have pairs so they can keep each other company?

Nooooo! cushions have to be in odd numbers, 3 minimum no maximum?

Ellianne Wed 17-Feb-21 14:04:50

Esspee

Elliane is clearly skilled at derailing threads. A photograph of a pet and off every goes at a tangent.

Definitely wrong Esspee, cushions was the subject we were given to discuss. The photo was meant to go with my written post but got detached.

Peasblossom Wed 17-Feb-21 14:05:05

That was offensive Discogran. I shall report you for a person attack