soop Wed 17-Feb-21 12:34:39

Here we are again...
Happy as can be in the circumstances
All good pals and jolly good company.

WELCOME dear kitcheners, old and new. smile

aggie Wed 17-Feb-21 15:37:19

Panache flowers

dragonfly46 Wed 17-Feb-21 15:45:52

As I have said elsewhere Panache my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Welcome home Galen.

brook2704 Wed 17-Feb-21 16:00:44

Panache I wish I had the right words to say but I’m thinking of you and your DH, stay strong and we’re here for you whenever you feel able to post. I’m sure you’re doing whatever you can for your DH, please look after yourself too ?

Urmstongran Wed 17-Feb-21 16:21:29

I’m a relative newbie in soops comforting kitchen Panache so I don’t much ‘know’ you nor of the upheavals your dear husband’s diagnosis and moving home will have generated but I have to say your words moved me to tears.
? are for you dear lady. x

Sar53 Wed 17-Feb-21 16:37:13

I am another moved to tears by your post Panache. Your love for your husband shines through and, as others have said, we are here for you when you need some support. My best wishes to you both flowers.

soop Wed 17-Feb-21 17:30:11

grandmajet You have your chair here and waiting for any time you care to visit. flowers

*Yiayia, Baklava sounds delicious. What is it, please? Is it sticky and calorie-packed? I would like to sample a slice if there is any left after this lot have had a share. wink

Fennel Wed 17-Feb-21 17:32:32

Such a moving post panache. My belief is that in a happy marriage our 2 souls are united and remain so even in the next world.
Glad you're home Galen - I know you take care already but these falls are so unexpected.

dustyangel Wed 17-Feb-21 17:32:53

soop Baklava is lovely.

soop Wed 17-Feb-21 17:36:28

dragonfly I've missed you. How are your feeling? Please update us.

Panache As you must be aware, you are in our thoughts and hearts.

I watched Rafa play a mighty match in the Australian tennis tournament. Sadly, it was not his day to win.

Time for me to say farewell until tomorrow. At least the new kitchen is beginning to feel "homely". I'm happy that so many of you continue to make it a special meeting place. Thank you. smile moon

soop Wed 17-Feb-21 17:38:04

Fennel smile

dusty smile

muse Wed 17-Feb-21 17:46:05

New thread smile. I was going to catch up on threads I was watching and contributing to this morning but made Soop's Kitchen my first visit after being out nearly all afternoon.

Reading your post Panache, I am even more appreciative of what value Soop's Kitchen brings to many of us in so many ways. I shall look out for your posts Panache. flowers for a strong lady.

Soop. Day 2 of new food for Mya. She needs a bit of encouragement to eat it but she has. She got through the night smile. Her splodges, as I now call them, are slightly different. hmm Fed up saying the D.. word.

Reading Pancache's post when I came in an hour ago puts quite a number of things into perspective for me.

Stay safe and happy everyone.

Yiayia4 Wed 17-Feb-21 17:52:40

Soop Baklava is filo pastry nuts,syrup and honey it’s yummy and has no calories!!

Puzzler61 Wed 17-Feb-21 18:05:55

Yiayia Baklava is delicious. Thank you for transporting me to beautiful Greece. ?

annodomini Wed 17-Feb-21 18:28:20

soop, I will take your word for the tree creeper. I've seen several long-tailed tits in the garden today, but didn't shoot out into the garden with a camera.
Yiaya4, for a wee helping of Baklava, I'd abandon my low carb regime. It's the food of the gods!
Panache, it has all been said by the others. I have no words for my admiration of you and your steadfastness. I wish there was something I could do or say, but I feel for you in your time of heartbreak.
Galen, you've had a rough time so I hope you are now safe and comfortable back in your own home. flowers

Grandmafrench Wed 17-Feb-21 18:35:35

Dear Panache, your hymn to the love that you have for each other is heartbreaking. But it's also uplifting, because all that love counts for so much now and that bond that all your years together has created will never break. You'll have the memories, the years of good times and shared happiness, always in your hearts. Nothing can take that away, ever. I wish you the strength that you'll need to keep going now; to be there for him, to calm and reassure him. Just focus on each other and may God bless both of you. xx

tanith Wed 17-Feb-21 18:36:01

Panache there are no words flowers

Urmstongran Wed 17-Feb-21 18:40:23

‘Evening All’
?

Great to hear you’re back home again Galen.

I had my AZ jab at noon. No queue so parked up, walked inside, got asked my questions, jabbed and out another door took less than 5 minutes. Feeling fine. Keep thinking ‘what time will the side effects kick in?’. Mind you - what’s that saying about no sense, no feeling? ....

Hope everyone has a peaceful night ahead. x

‘Goodnight All’.

P1234 Wed 17-Feb-21 18:41:13

Panache?

baubles Wed 17-Feb-21 18:43:23

soop baklava is tooth rottingly delicious. Sticky, yummy, food of the gods.

Glad to hear that you’re back home Galen

Jaxjacky Wed 17-Feb-21 18:47:28

Yiaya4 reminds me of Greece too, in particular Ios, thank you. It’s rained all day, so have done not much except washed hair in T gel to hopefully get rid of newly acquired dandruff/seborrhoeic dermatitis tmi. But, I had the text from my GP surgery, vaccination next Wednesday, my friend, who’s volunteering as a Marshall will be there, a real conversation!
Dinner is using up freezer odds, DH has rib eye steak and chips, I have smoked haddock with veg.
Gentle evening all especially panache x

Grandmafrench Wed 17-Feb-21 18:59:11

Happy that you're home, Galen? We are. Think everyone has a mental picture of you wallowing in a sea of buttery Marmite toast. Fortunately, no restrictions at home. As Dorothy said in The Wizard of Oz...." there's no place like home, Auntie Em". And that's right! Please remember, no tumbling about now.

dusty Hey! How are you getting on? Do hope Portugal has warmed up for you.
dragonfly lovely that you've posted - you've been missed and not just on this thread!

And soop - does that photograph come with those special glasses....or is it me who needs to visit the optician? ?. Hope today has been a better one for you. You WILL have your annual gathering this year, or Angry Grans will be on the march again. x

Have all Small Child Wranglers been taking care of themselves and getting enough rest? Especially those wranglers who have so recently been vaccinated. (Can you detect the note of envy and not a little sulking in my tone?). And yes, France is still pretty untroubled by any large supplies of vaccines. The UK will soon be targeting the under-5's at the rate things are going. (I joke, of course.). Hope everyone is feeling relieved and perky and a lot more positive now. I'm so pleased for you all. Have a lovely evening. ?

Doodle Wed 17-Feb-21 19:10:04

Galen you’re home. Great news. When are you next baking ? #everhopeful ?
Soop another kitchen. Such a welcome home for us all. I’ve lost count of how many kitchens there have been since I joined.
corner sorry you have family worries. They are always the worst I find as often we can’t help and just have to wait and see how things work out. Take care flowers

Hellogirl1 Wed 17-Feb-21 21:47:30

This new kitchen is lovely, so cosy and friendly.
Panache, your so eloquent post brought tears of remembrance to my eyes. Several of us have been where you are and, as Galen says, you do come out the other side. It may take a while, but you will.
Galen, welcome home, I hope you have a care package in place?
I`m doing my nut trying to find a new oven that will fit the oven cavity in my kitchen, but it seems an impossibility after 3 days of searching the net. The grill fell from the roof of my present oven on Sunday as I was removing the chicken.
Soop, your photo is a very pretty piece of abstract art, but it makes my eyes go funny, lol!!

Nannytopsy Wed 17-Feb-21 22:00:40

Hello the kitchen! Welcome back Galen & Dragonfly.
Panache, my mum and dad walked just that road and I saw how hard it was. Sending love to you both.

baubles Thu 18-Feb-21 08:28:06

Good morning kitcheners, just popping in to leave some hot buttered crumpets before I eat them all.

Also, because I know so many of you are pet people, here’s a photo of DD’s two kittens and one of my little pooch in her raincoat.

Hope today is kind to you.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion