Soop's welcoming kitchen for friendly folk

(1001 Posts)
soop Wed 17-Feb-21 12:34:39

Here we are again...
Happy as can be in the circumstances
All good pals and jolly good company.

WELCOME dear kitcheners, old and new. smile

soop Tue 23-Mar-21 12:55:23

Baggs We all love your flapjacks. It's also good to hear happy news of Mini-Baggs. smile

Charleygirl5 Tue 23-Mar-21 12:35:58

Do not worry kittylester we are moving.

kittylester Tue 23-Mar-21 12:33:28

You lot still here?

Baggs Tue 23-Mar-21 12:32:41

Baggs' Flapjack Recipe

Baggs Tue 23-Mar-21 12:29:54

PS So glad your GP was helpful, soop. Always worth telling them about chronic pain.

Yiayia4 Tue 23-Mar-21 12:29:28

DustyangelHappy Birthday have a great day??

Baggs Tue 23-Mar-21 12:29:14

I wanted to saying that something must have triggered the memory as I was wondering how Mini-Baggs is and really fancying Baggs flapjacks too.

It's kind of you to wonder, dusty. Minibaggs is doing fine as a student in Edinburgh. She has made some fantastic friends and shares a flat with three of them. I suspect they'll remain lifelong buddies whatever life throws at them.

The recipe for my flapjacks is in the Gransnet food deoartment, possibly under a slight variation on the current version of my username.

soop Tue 23-Mar-21 12:25:49

dustyangel Huge birthday hugs for you. We all send our love and best wishes for a lovely, special day. flowers sunshine cupcake wine

soop Tue 23-Mar-21 12:23:40

Puzzler Thank you for your kind words.

Yiayia I'm thinking that are are many of we Kitcheners who have complex health issues to contend with. It does no harm whatsoever to air one's feelings. We share all manner of things. The highs and the lows. That's what friendship is about.

soop Tue 23-Mar-21 12:19:24

N&G So very true...the joy of little boys. Cooper's remark is a classic. I just love the honest, no-nonsense attitude. grin

Jaxjacky, having read you post, I am utterly exhausted. I salute your amazing stamina.

anno A gentle, comforting (hug) from me to you.

muse Your dear son will contact you. Please remain as patient as possible. Much easier said, than done. flowers

Doodle Your personal chair has already been transported in readiness to the new kitchen. Not too long to wait. smile

Yiayia4 Tue 23-Mar-21 11:56:21

Good news you’ve been given some help with fibromyalgia Soop not so good for the drop-bot that needs sorting!!
More good new about my cousin he is back in a normal ward and not on oxygen.His family are so relieved and he should be coming home soon.
I spoke to my G.P yesterday as I’ve been in a lot of pain and feeling very low,I have to have blood tests and and an appointment with my rheumatologist I’m lucky I have a GP that sorts things out as you seem to have Soop
Will return later to a new kitchen.

Puzzler61 Tue 23-Mar-21 11:53:44

You may be one of many of Fern’s foster mum’s soop and she will visit you all in turn. Especially you, as you provide such a high class menu.
I hope you get to see Consultant for review quickly as the condition you are suffering from re: drop-bot must not be allowed to go on.

soop Tue 23-Mar-21 11:25:16

Just checking that the kitchen remains getinable. Which it does.

Will return a wee bit later for a final catch-up.

Fern returned for twenty minutes yesterday late afternoon. Long enough to eat two pouches of the finest cat food, rest her eyes for a few brief minutes, and leave along her usual forest track.

Have had a good conversation with our lovely GP. Amitriptyline prescribed ten years ago...removed for no apparent reason, (no flagging to say not to take) is now back on the menu. He has also been in touch with the drop-bot surgeon. Op performed last September. Should have had a follow up in January. Condition worse than ever. Hoping that some progress may ensue. smile

Bellanonna Tue 23-Mar-21 10:39:35

Enjoy your birthday in your lovely adopted country, Dustyangel. Hope it’s nice and warm there.

Susan56 Tue 23-Mar-21 10:12:30

Happy birthday dustyangel?????

GrannyGravy13 Tue 23-Mar-21 09:58:05

Happy Birthday dustyangel ???

Puzzler61 Tue 23-Mar-21 09:22:10

And .... it’s dustyangel ‘s Birthday. ? ? ? ?
Hope it’s a memorable one.

Puzzler61 Tue 23-Mar-21 08:47:25

Good morning Kitcheners. This is the last time I’ll bring flowers to the kitchen as the ‘move to new premises’ must be imminent.
I hope we can take some of the beautiful sunset photo’s with us.
I must get off to the chemist before queues start so will pop in later to read everyone’s news. Would love to see that Mia has come home.
I don’t stop thinking about you all, Panache especially,
and hellogirl.

Nannytopsy Tue 23-Mar-21 00:09:57

I’ll just make it before the door shuts! I have been wondering about MiniBaggs too!
StepGD bought her first car on Friday, fully serviced and with new MOT and over the weekend warning lights have come on. The local garage say it’s a major engine fault, with 4 MOT fails too so tomorrow DS is driving it back to this garage ( about 3 hours) and I am following to bring him back. Such a pain. Once he has her money, trading standards will be informed.
We have had another lovely day in the garden, laying bark mulch and making more of the garden neat and tidy. Tonight getting out of the chair involved sound effects!
Sleep tight everyone

dragonfly46 Mon 22-Mar-21 22:19:39

Dearest Panache you were so often there with words of comfort when I needed you. I hope I can do the same in part. I am sending you my thoughts and strength to go forward. You are a very brave lady with a lovely DH.

Urmstongran Mon 22-Mar-21 22:03:21

‘Evening All’

A late one from me. I’ve just been watching ‘Unforgotten’. Wow! It’s such a powerful drama. Last episode next week I think. Prior to that my stepfather rang because his central heating boiler was leaking. He told me he’d heard it dripping (it’s situated behind his chair in the ‘snug’ room). I said ‘well done you, I’d not have noticed anything probably until my feet were wet!’ I rang our son in law. He’s a heating engineer. Job sorted. Happy stepfather.

‘Goodnight All’

brook2704 Mon 22-Mar-21 22:01:49

Oooh I do like a good flapjack! Baggs flapjacks are new to me though but they do sound delicious ...
Beautiful photo jaxjacky the colours are amazing! And well done in booking a holiday - something lovely to look forward to?

BladeAnnie Mon 22-Mar-21 21:55:55

Jaxjacky - that's beautiful and thank you for sharing

dustyangel Mon 22-Mar-21 21:54:54

Got my iPad back about 6.00pm tonight after a visit to the computer doctor because it went down with a virus. Just trying to have a quick catch-up but had to say what a beautiful photograph that is Jaxjacky, you or your neighbour must have west facing windows as well
I wanted to saying that something must have triggered the memory as I was wondering how Mini-Baggs is and really fancying Baggs flapjacks too.

Jaxjacky Mon 22-Mar-21 20:53:51

Just had to pop back with this, not my photo, a neighbour posted on fb.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion