Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(82 Posts)
12Michael Sat 20-Feb-21 06:15:38

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , but its dry outside here in Brackley this morning.
Today , as I did not shop yesterday , will see how it goes, also tempted to have a Chinese take away later , again subject to wellbeing .
Otherwise , a mild day by the looks of things , no signs of spring yet around here.
Take Care,
Mick

Gingster Sat 20-Feb-21 17:56:11

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts. So kind ♥️

brook2704 Sat 20-Feb-21 17:04:02

Sorry to hear your sad news gingster thinking of you ?

Grammaretto Sat 20-Feb-21 14:36:22

That is lovely news grandMattie that little Iris is home.

Nannagarra Sat 20-Feb-21 14:21:29

Love the cardigan Blue.
Made up for you grandMattie. Excellent.
? for you Gingster. So sad.

oliversnana Sat 20-Feb-21 13:20:31

Thank you Kitty
Laura i believe it was the isolation in the end and the excitement of the jab got to her, She was at the hospital with a&e but her heart was too badly damaged. I'm so grateful for the attempts they made to save her but even more that she wouldn't have suffered. Monday will be hard its the funeral.

gillgran Sat 20-Feb-21 12:50:53

So sorry to hear your sad news, Gingster. I remember you writing about your dear sister-in-law & seeing her when you were at your home in Suffolk. flowers

LauraNorder Sat 20-Feb-21 12:46:47

Kittylester it would be great to have your cookery teacher round for a meal just to show her. One of my sons was kicked off his metalwork course cos his teacher said he was useless. He is now has a B.Eng and is town engineer of quite a large town in Australia. Another bloody-minded success story.
I’m so sorry to hear about your Mum Oliversnana very sad after such a horrid year of restrictions to be so nearly there.

kittylester Sat 20-Feb-21 12:34:51

Morning all from my bit of North Leicestershire where it is grey and drizzly. Nice to see you back Oliversnana, we just need dragonfly back among us now.

Kate, I didnt know you were poorly - hope you are better soon.

The village florist has just dropped off some daffodils and lilies which has cheered me up.

On the subject of helpful teachers, I will repeat the story of my cookery teacher who told me I shouldn't have children as they would starve or I would poison them. I'd love to introduce her to the 5 healthy and successful children that have managed to make it to adulthood with me as their mother.

Anniebach Sat 20-Feb-21 12:27:22

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Nannagarra Sat 20-Feb-21 12:15:05

Good afternoon from the Sefton coast where it is wet and windy.
I’m late as I’ve been reading about M and H. (Normally I avoid the news as I find it upsetting atm.) I’ll catch up with your posts this afternoon.
Nothing on the agenda today here. What a surprise! Our Asda order is due tonight - hopefully I’ll receive the ingredients for an oven baked risotto I want to try.
My thoughts go to those who are unwell, troubled and worried. Hopefully Iris will be better soon. Sending ?for Auntieflo.
???

oliversnana Sat 20-Feb-21 11:56:32

Good morning from north Leicestershire where it is cloudy but quite mild.
Haven't posted in quite a while. Been busy even with lock downs and husbands furlough last year. Although i do keep with the thread daily.
So sad we are all going through such bad times. I lost my mum to a massive heart attack on 30th of Jan while she was waiting for her jab, think it was the excitement.
Now my daughter who had her last baby 3 weeks before the first lock down is expecting again.
My husband had an accident at the local quarry 5 years ago and i think he had the same frame on his leg as little Iris he says to tell her they are a nuisance but it will be so worth it. Glad shes well enough to come home.
To everyone with sorrows and sad times i send best wishes and hope things improve very soon.

grandMattie Sat 20-Feb-21 11:42:56

You’ll be glad to learn that Iris has just got back home. ?☀️

LauraNorder Sat 20-Feb-21 11:41:20

Bet Pantglas is busy building an ark. More rain coming your way and lots of it.

LauraNorder Sat 20-Feb-21 11:34:20

Forgot to say how much I like your warm and stylish cardigan Bluesapphire, are you taking orders?
Sorry you’re unwell Nankate hope the antibiotics do the trick soon. flowers
You too Hollysteers and anyone else in pain or feeling low flowers
Keep having those jabs and we’ll soon be able to get together even if we’re still keeping distance and wearing masks.

muse Sat 20-Feb-21 11:28:33

grandMattie good news about tooth.
Hope you're better tomorrow Marydoll

Mya on the sofa with me. She's not been off it since I got up at 8:00. Good news is no poop during the night. The egg has worked it's way out hopefully but she's not eaten any dry food yet.
So envious envy of those with sun today. MrM says this is the wettest winter he's known for our patch of Cornwall. He's lived here nearly 50 years. Rain again today. My walk down to the compost bins is now a boggy mess. That's clay for you.

Take care Mick and one and all.

LauraNorder Sat 20-Feb-21 11:28:00

Good morning all from wet and miserable Anglesey.
Condolences to Auntieflo and Gingster, so sad to lose someone you love flowers.
grandMattie Sorry to hear that Iris is not so well after her op. What a little trooper.
Hope you feel better soon Marydoll and Cherry another pair of troopers.
Nannyjan, shows how different we all are. I had a swimming coach when I was about ten who was really nasty, she humiliated me by yelling ‘you girl, get out of the pool, you’ll never be able to swim’. My attitude was ‘I’ll show her’. I got the bus to the swimming baths by myself every day for a week and at the next lesson swam a breadth and never looked back.
If I’d had your sewing teacher I might be able to sew. I suppose most children respond best to encouragement but the few bloody-minded ones like me need a challenge, I wonder if she had sussed me out.
Food shop delivery today, a bit of sketching and maybe a game of scrabble. So much excitement.
Be well, be happy.

polomint Sat 20-Feb-21 11:26:23

Good morning from central Scotland. Not a nice day at all. Dull but at least mild.
Hope everyone feels better soon as quite a few of you are unwell at the moment. This lockdown certainly doesnt cheer us up much either. No sign of spring yet in my garden

hollysteers Sat 20-Feb-21 11:14:35

Good morning from a dull and windy northwest coast. After a gadding about day yesterday, doc, supermarket and pound stretcher for bird and cat food, was quite happy to be in in the evening. That’s all it takes, a little change of scene to feel more myself, even though my old war wounds, hiatus hernia and IBS are giving me a spot of bother.
This cat is well and truly spoiled after lockdown, is literally my shadow and wants attention all day, but it’s worth it.
Thinking of Auntieflo, Georgesgran and grandMattie.

NanKate Sat 20-Feb-21 11:12:55

Morning Mick and All

I too am having a day in bed, just like poor Mary. I think my diverticulitis has just passed the peak and by the time I have finished my antibiotics I should be a lot better. ?

Thinking about you at this sad time Auntieflo ?

Blossoming Sat 20-Feb-21 11:11:01

Good morning all from a soggy Lancashire. Just a flying visit, the electricians are here working in the garden and shed. Will catch up later, stay safe and well.

Grammaretto Sat 20-Feb-21 11:06:43

Good Morning all from the Scottish Borders where it is 9°C but no sun.
I had no sleep until morning after having a tooth extracted yesterday. I felt very sorry for myself. So I am good for nothing today.
A trip to the Botanic Gardens sounds a wonderful plan Annapops. You have to book a slot here but apparently it's not impossible.
The descriptive visit to your Ewes' maternity unit was delightful Sheepandcattle
Sorry you aren't so great today Marydoll
Also that Iris's recovery is slower than hoped.
Very sad to hear of Gingster and Auntieflo's losses
Well done all the crafty people. I have almost finished the little cardigan. I've been knitting for months Just have to sew the buttons on and sew in all those ends.......

Taichinan Sat 20-Feb-21 11:00:28

What a lovely cosy cardigan Bluesapphire - I admire your skill.
Congratulations to your DGD Annapops - you must be so proud. And how lovely that she has managed to keep her training up by zoom. Videos and Zoom are being so useful - my DGD1's successful application last week to a Dance college course included a video of her performing a dance which she had choreographed herself.

cornergran Sat 20-Feb-21 10:59:04

That’s sad news gingster, I’m so sorry. flowers.

CherryCezzy Sat 20-Feb-21 10:55:58

Good morning everyone from rainy Gower.

?, it happened again - another seizure in the night. Grr, just when I was starting to recover from a bad bout of them. Drat!

Sending my condolences Gingster ?. I lost my wonderful sister (in law) 14 years ago and miss her very much. She was very much my big sister too.

flowers for anyone feeling unwell, a bit under the weather or just plain fed up.
Be kind to yourselves everyone ❤️

Taichinan Sat 20-Feb-21 10:35:51

Gingster I am sorry for your loss ?