Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(81 Posts)
12Michael Sat 20-Feb-21 06:15:38

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , but its dry outside here in Brackley this morning.
Today , as I did not shop yesterday , will see how it goes, also tempted to have a Chinese take away later , again subject to wellbeing .
Otherwise , a mild day by the looks of things , no signs of spring yet around here.
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Sat 20-Feb-21 06:27:37

Good morning from a dark E Kent.
Very wise, Mick, you stay home and take care of yourself.
Sadly, Iris didn’t go home yesterday. She has no,pain from her operation but isn’t doing so well on the drugs. Pain from epidural and rather sicky. Got anti-emetics and IV fluids as she won’t drink. Hope that after a good night, she’ll be more herself.
My tooth came out easily and the ‘dry socket’ that I dreaded hasn’t happened. Feeling a bit battered but ok.
Seeing my lovely DS2 and his boy today. Haven’t seen either of them for months. Started to join the squares for DGS’ quilt to show him. Looks terrific. So pleased.
Hope you have a ‘nothing’ day; it’s the best. To all, my love, sympathy, support and all the good things. ❤️??☀️

grandMattie Sat 20-Feb-21 06:36:49

On ironing board, but gives an idea...

Bellasnana Sat 20-Feb-21 06:37:51

Good morning Mick, grandMattie and all who follow.

It’s a mild day in Malta 17°C and dry. DD3 is taking me out for coffee later which will be lovely.

I was supposed to go for blood tests this morning but my doctor called yesterday to say the laboratory at the hospital is on strike so she will let me know when I can go.

So sorry to hear Iris wasn’t feeling too good. Hope she will bounce back to her usual self very soon.

Also very sorry to read the sad news that Auntieflo’s brother passed away. My heartfelt condolences. Having lost both my siblings I know how it feels.?

Take care all and stay safe.☀️

Urmstongran Sat 20-Feb-21 07:00:45

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where it’s dry, seems mild and the sky is just lightening to a slate grey. I can see a plane, red lights intermittently flashing, coming in to land at Manchester airport which is 10 miles away.

Himself is still snoozing but he stayed up to watch a Donald Sutherland film last night whilst I had my Horlicks addiction and went to bed around 10pm.

He is collecting a mountain bike today that he bought from an independent tiny bike shop on Wednesday morning on the way home from getting my jab. He has been promising our grandson he’d get one ‘in the spring’ as he plans to take him on cycle rides that he took his mummy on when she was 8y too! Hmm. I did point out to him that was 30y ago but he just laughed. Obviously a kid at heart even though he’ll be 70y next year. Actually I don’t know who’s more excited - him or our grandson who is going with him to collect the bike!

I shall get takeaway coffees in the square and meet grandson’s mummy and our granddaughter. She at four years old wants to push her toy buggy with a new dolly into the square to show her to me.
?

Hope Saturday is good to us all. Sorry to hear Iris wasn’t able to be discharged yesterday granMattie but trust all will be well for today. You are so very talented! I cannot sew a button on. True story for another day.... keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

Ashcombe Sat 20-Feb-21 07:11:40

Good morning, those who are up and those who follow, whom I hope are not down! A very wet night and it’s still raining in Torbay!

I was sorry to hear that Iris isn’t doing so well and hope today sees an improvement. The quilt is brilliant, grandMattie and ideal for a boy so I’m sure DGS will appreciate it.

Condolences to Auntiflo at this sad time. My older sister died in 2015, shortly before I married DH. Her life began with so much promise but deteriorated over many years due to her alcoholism.

Before I awoke, I dreamt I was at DH's home with migraine dazzles then awoke to find I wasn’t but the dazzles were real! Having been a rare occurrence since I retired, this is the second one in less than a month. They used to be stress related, but perhaps these are due to none!

Hope everyone is as well as possible and has a good weekend. ?

brook2704 Sat 20-Feb-21 07:13:12

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s a dry start to the day but still windy with some rain forecast for later.
Sounds like a good day grandmattie , enjoy the time with your DS and DGS, the quilt looks amazing - well done ? Hope Iris is home soon
Wow bellasnana, 17ºC and out with DD for coffee ...enjoy!
Yesterday I was so pleased to get out in the garden for a couple of hours, there’s not much growing yet but most things look like they’ve survived under weeks of snow.
Today I’m meeting DD2 for a walk in a local forest. DGC will be bringing their bikes so we’ll be trying to keep up. I’ve got a bike myself but find the hills too tough going really, I keep thinking of getting an electric bike but don’t think I’d use it enough to justify the expense - so walking it is!
Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care all whatever the day brings?

Nannytopsy Sat 20-Feb-21 07:14:54

Good morning Mick and all his followers. Glad you are taking it easy Mick.
The sky is mostly clear and the few wispy clouds are pink. Up early to fetch the DGC. Mum & Dad at world all weekend, so we have them until tomorrow. DH has his vaccination this morning, so I am hoping there are no side effects. These small people are very much easier if you can divide and rule!
Sad news AuntieFlo ?
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

Gagagran Sat 20-Feb-21 07:14:58

Morning all from a mild south coast. 8.9c at 6am but set to warm up today.

Heard from the hospital yesterday re DH's awaited next operation (scheduled for 21 December 2020 and cancelled the day before) but only to say that the ICU is still nearly full of covid patients so the surgeons are very limited in their capacity for doing ops. Hopefully, if things continue to improve it may be April when they call for him. He is top of the list apart from the urgent cancer cases which have to take priority, as he did last July. It was good to hear and know that he hasn't been forgotten. He remains stoical and accepting. I am less so!

Blank agenda again today so will see what turns up.

Hope Iris is allowed home today and is feeling better. Love your new quilt granMattie. Look forward to hearing the latest from cattle and sheep and hope everyone has a good day. Mr Urms might get a bit saddle sore Urms. My DH recommends a liberal coating of vaseline on the nethers! grin

Beechnut Sat 20-Feb-21 07:17:43

Good Morning everyone from Severnside. It’s wet but not raining.

I have a thrilling time ahead of me as I plan to spring clean the HSL and downstairs toilet. Never mind I have a new gardening magazine to look at after.

Such a shame Iris couldn’t go home, maybe today. I love the quilt Mattie. I was hoping you would show us.

I hope your Himself takes it steady on his bike Urms. My daughter fell off her mountain bike a few weeks ago.

Have the best day you can all and stay safe ?

brook2704 Sat 20-Feb-21 07:17:53

Crossed posts urmston a bit of a biking theme this morning-
I hope your DH enjoys getting his new bike! ?

Marydoll Sat 20-Feb-21 07:29:12

Good morning all, its 9°C and very light outside.

I'm not too well today, so no novella, you will be pleased to know. A day in bed for me.
I just wanted to send my best wishes and condolences to Auntieflo
Have a good day, everyone.

Scentia Sat 20-Feb-21 07:30:20

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire where it is a bit damp.
I am seed sowing today thanks to my fellow GNetter Bluebelle
I have my jab on Tuesday but I have a decision to make! I have almost constant pain in my right side of neck, right shoulder and arm which is due to my OA. I think, I do have painkillers to help. My decision? Do I get my jab in that arm as it already hurts or the left as my DH had arm pain for a few days. Ooh first world problems I know??. Ashcombe. Maybe you are like me and get stressed about having nothing to worry about, that could be bringing on a migraine ???
Love the Quilt mattie
Take care GMers and be happy.?❤️

Sar53 Sat 20-Feb-21 07:39:59

Good morning from Essex by the sea where the sun is already shining. DH is still in bed with a bad headache so I will leave him be.
Sorry to hear that Iris is still in hospital, hopefully she will be discharged today. Lovely quilt GM, you are very talented.
My condolences to Auntieflo and Marydoll I hope you feel better soon.
No plans today but will go out for a walk as it is forecast to be dry and sunny.
Enjoy Saturday, find a ? and stay safe everyone xx

grandMattie Sat 20-Feb-21 07:40:40

So sorry you’re not feeling 100% or even 80% today, Marydoll. You stay in bed, let others spoil you, catch up on your ? and read... ❤️

NannyJan53 Sat 20-Feb-21 07:44:16

Good morning from a very rainy Black Country.

We watched the film 'Stan and Ollie' last night. I had seen it at the cinema 2 or 3 years ago, but MrJan hadn't, but it is worth seeing again, as I think it is very good. They had the characters spot on.

I booked my Jab yesterday on the website, seeing as I still haven't been contacted by my GP Surgery. My friend in Lincs had hers last week and she is only 60! So going to Birmingham Monday morning. It's a shame really, as it is only a 10 minute walk for me where they are doing them here, Who would have thought that one day I would refer to someone as "only 60" smile

I will probably tootle over to Mums today, but doubt we will do the Railway walk as it will be very muddy.

I was totally put off sewing Urmston and grandMattiein junior school, when the teacher hauled me in front of the class and told me off for something I had done wrong on an Apron we were making. A lesson in how not to encourage children in a task! Never liked sewing since.

Wishing you all a good day, and hoping you feel better later Marydoll flowers

NannyJan53 Sat 20-Feb-21 07:45:45

Oops meant to say, sorry Iris had a bad night, and hoping she feels much better over the weekend grandMattie

Dwmxwg Sat 20-Feb-21 07:47:48

Good morning from a dry north Surrey.
I have been feeling very low this past few weeks, work yesterday was just the tonic I needed and I slept much better last night.
A memory popped up on my FB page yesterday of DS going of travelling round the world with a friend, 10 years ago. So much has changed for him in that time, he is now a daddy of 2, own business and a home owner, proud mum.
I am working again this afternoon so will just have the dog walk and a few catch up calls with family this morning.
AuntieFlo so sorry to hear the sad news of your brother and I hope you are not too sore this morning.
I seem to remember that Iris had similar reaction after her last op Grandmattie, do hope she is having a better day today. I am also in admiration of your quilt.
We have been joined by our 28Kg golden retriever on the bed, he is having a mad moment, makes me smile.
Wishing all a good day

Sheepandcattle Sat 20-Feb-21 07:49:03

Good morning Mick and all from a drizzly (again!) Wiltshire. Nothing to report from the maternity ward yet - just lots of very fat ladies letting out little huffs and sighs as they waddle about with their heavy loads! Maybe I should offer them all a hot curry for tea tonight to get things moving!!
‘June’ is still causing me some concern/amusement - she has decided that she doesn’t want to eat her ewe-rolls (the sheep feed that they have twice a day in the run up and during lambing) from the floor, but will only eat them either fed by hand or from a bucket without the rest of the rabble around! So she now has to be ushered into an individual pen at feed time so she can enjoy her lunch in peace. “A table for one, if you please!” I think June has gone a bit posh!
Somebody asked yesterday - sorry, I can’t remember who - how I know if a ewes been covered by the rams. The rams have a coloured, oily paint (raddle) rubbed onto their chests at tupping time. Yellow for the first week, then red for the second, then blue. As they do the deed, they leave a raddle mark on the ewe. The ewes are scanned 3 moths later so we can see if they are in lamb and how many lambs they are carrying and I add a spray of paint on their backs to reflect this, ie red dot for a single lamb, no mark for twins, blue mark for triplets, orange stripe for empty. We hope for as close to 200% of lambs as possible, that is each ewe pregnant with twins in an ideal world. I hope I’ve explained that ok?
Today is going to be spent mucking out and keeping everything as clean and dry as possible - cleanliness is next to godliness (!) at lambing time, especially when everywhere is mud, mud and more wet mud! Hurry up sunshine pleeeeeease!
Just adding my condolences to auntiFlo - I’m so sorry for the loss of you brother ?. I am so jealous of the beautiful quilt - such talent. Wishing you all the best day possible.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 20-Feb-21 07:51:19

Good morning Mick and all

My Condolences auntieflo thanks

Have a resting day Marydoll and hopefully you will feel better tomorrow thanks grandMattie I hope Iris comes home today and Ashcombe I hope your migraine is not too dreadful.

I am going down to the other end of our road to the butchers yippee that’s my excitement for the day!!!

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️

Dwmxwg Sat 20-Feb-21 07:51:21

Rest up Marydoll ?

Oopsadaisy1 Sat 20-Feb-21 07:57:37

Good morning Mick and everyone from a dull and dismal Oxfordshire, no rain yet and it might be sunny! But I think rain is forecast,
DDs dog woke me up at 7 am this morning, didn’t want to go out, just wanted to sit in her chair in the conservatory and watch the jackdaws building their nest in next doors chimney, same as they’ve done with ours, they’ve ripped the wire netting off that is supposed to prevent them nest building.
Anyway, Marydoll stay indoors and keep warm, Granmattie lovely quilt, the last quilt I made DH asked me why I cut the fabric into squares and then sewed it all up again? (Men!) my sympathies to auntieflo and I do hope that iris will soon be home and recovering. Urms it doesn’t sound as though you are tempted to go cycling too, stay indoors like most sensible people? and provide an ice pack when your OH hobbles back indoors.
Nothing much to do today, usual housework, laundry related stuff, but I went to the bus shelter ( not that we have buses any more) yesterday and did a book swap, so I have some ‘new’ books to read.
Hope everyone has as good a day as they can. Stay safe and stay warm.

Pittcity Sat 20-Feb-21 08:03:32

Good morning from a bright, dry and mild Colchester. 14° forecast. The jumpers and heating can have a day off!
Nowhere to go and nothing to do as per...
Will spend some time organising the garden shed.

Urmstongran Sat 20-Feb-21 08:07:34

Poor you Marydoll I’m sure all this must be getting to you and making you sick and tired of being sick and tired. x
Hope you feel better very soon. I wonder if the jab has knocked the stuffing out of you? Rest up.

brook2704 Sat 20-Feb-21 08:08:22

Hope you feel better soon marydoll ?.