Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(70 Posts)
12Michael Sun 21-Feb-21 06:25:46

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , but its dry outside here in Brackley this morning.
Starting to feel more my old self , the scars on my arms were I have had needles etc are disappearing .
Yesterday , I did a small shop , maybe another one today being forgetful or is it age .
I took paracetamol yesterday as well as my new and regular prescriptions, in the afternoon took another walk mainly to a cashpoint for some cash but felt better than I had earlier , its a case of relax and let my body repair itself .
next Saturday I have the Pfizer jab which what I have read seems to have more immunities than the others with time gap between jabs .
Also an appointment clash , in a few weeks time same venue different areas , one as cardiac first may involve tread mill , and other 2 hours later for Glaucoma .
Take Care ,
Mick

CherryCezzy Sun 21-Feb-21 08:17:24

Good morning everyone from a dry and grey day in Gower.

Good to know that Iris is home grandMattie. I think we'd all be pale after the nausea she's suffered but I'm sure her pink flamingo will help put colour in her cheeks ☺️
I didn't know"it's a knockout* was making a comeback Sheepandcattle, gave me my first laugh of the day ?
I'm pleased that your migraine has eased Ashcombe

I didn't have the best of nights, lay awake 'til gone 4am. Perhaps it's all that extra sleep I've been having recently though ?
Exciting day in prospect today not really , big footie match for me to enjoy ? cheering on my team. A chat on the phone I promised my neice1 and slow cooked pork for dinner tonight. About as exciting as it gets for a Sunday these days, lovely ☺️. Well it had better be in any case, there are some excitements seizures I don't need.

I hope you are feeling better after your duvet day Marydoll and I hope Lins and Susan are both okay.

Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today, even if it's that after dinner cuppa (or something else). Take care everyone ❤️

Georgesgran Sun 21-Feb-21 08:22:08

Good morning from Durham.

Friday was spent on the phone to GP - trying to explain DH’s Consultant’s plans, which should have been emailed. They said they hadn’t received them, then they had. They then agreed to prescribe his meds, but I couldn’t get to the Pharmacy in time and didn’t realize they were closed on Saturday! Urgent call to Hospital and a 50 mile round trip to collect another prescription from them for one of the meds.
One of DH’s friends (had vacc) asked if he could have a masked visit - he lives alone, so we agreed. It seems so cruel to deny him contact with so little time left? (I expect some will agree, others won’t) Later DH was very unsteady and unbalanced and I suspect the brain tumour is growing. I’ll have to ring GP tomorrow for an urgent prescription for steroids, if they’re not at the Pharmacy with the Oralmorph. Hopefully these are teething troubles in the handover of his care from Hospital and things should run smoothly now.

My thoughts are with other GN’s on this journey and those who have trodden the path before me. X

grannysyb Sun 21-Feb-21 08:24:30

A bit grey here, it's rained overnight. Off to the allotment, we bought another blackcurrant bush yesterday which needs to go in, plus various other jobs. Good to hear that Mick is feeling better. Glad that Iris is recovering and that Ashcombe is feeling better. Hope Marydoll has a better day. Best wishes to all, especially those with worries and health issues.

Sheepandcattle Sun 21-Feb-21 08:25:25

Scentia - I appreciate your kind words as a vegan. Being a livestock farmer, I was cautious about posting on a public forum as farmers can come under some pretty vicious attack nowadays. I’m actually vegetarian ( I dislike the ‘fleshiness’ of meat!) so I have been through a lot of angst and consideration about the ethics of producing meat but I firmly believe that farming livestock is an essential part of the ecosystem and in keeping the soil healthy. I see my role as caring for my livestock as well as I possible can and to ensure that I treat them with the care, respect and dignity they deserve throughout their lives. Yes they die at the end, as do we all, but I do my utmost to ensure that they have a ‘good death’ with the least stress possible. Some (too many probably!) will never leave the farm as they are like old friends to me but I have learnt from experience that a ‘natural death’ is seldom quick or dignified.
Anyway, just my personal thoughts. I completely respect that others have different views and I enjoy hearing them (mostly!!)

CherryCezzy Sun 21-Feb-21 08:32:23

Good to see you posting ginny and I hope your wobbliness wobbles away soon ?

Marydoll Sun 21-Feb-21 08:36:17

Good morning all from Glasgow, where at last it has stopped raining.

Another day in bed I'm afraid. I'm finding it very frustrating to be still feeling so unwell. Its a combination of all my conditions and that blooming vaccine! However, I would still encourage everyone to have it. My reaction was exceptional and unusual, but not unexpected, as I have previous.

Yesterday was very stressful. SIL messaged me as he was having problems after a tooth extraction. I urged him to phone NHS 24, which he did. He ended up in A&E on the other side of Glasgow, as the dental hospital is closed on a Saturday and our large, hospital couldn't help.
DD was up to high doh, as she had to go home and wait for news.
The diagnosis: a hole between my SIL's nose and the roof of his mouth. ? He will need to see a dentist on Monday.
Unfortunately this means that DD and SIL need to self isolate and not come near me. Poor DD thinks she is letting me down. ☹

Ginny, I'm sorry to hear you have been so low. Ashcome, hoping you are starting ro recover. Migraines can be so debilitating, I used to be off work for days after one. On one occasion I had a bad one, whilst in hospital. Despite protesting that it was only a migraine and to just leave me alone to die in peace, I was rushed for an urgent brain scan. It was indeed a migraine!
Gingster, be kind to yourself today, try and remember your happy times with your sister in law.
How exciting, Baubles, a day out! ? You will be on cloud nine afterwards!
Glad to see you posting, Cherry.
As for you, Bellasnanna! I think we may fall out. Between your photo of the cake, the description of the pleasant weather and all those cruise ship, TV adverts, showing the Grand Harbour in Valletta, I'm having serious Malta envy. ??????

Apologies, if I have missed anyone, brain is a bit addled today.
DH has just brought me breakfast in bed and the Sunday papers. Absolute bliss! ?

Alygran Sun 21-Feb-21 08:38:14

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s dry and bright today so I am going to wash the car and do some outside jobs.
Georgesgran my heart goes out to you thinking of my walk along that path 4 years ago. You have lots of virtual hands holding yours.
Hope everyone has a good day. Stay safe.

Grandmabatty Sun 21-Feb-21 08:52:46

Good morning all. Polmont is breezy with light grey skies this morning. I'm awaiting a Tesco delivery so onto second cup of coffee already. Georgesgran ? you have a hard road to walk. Sheepandcattle you taking a trip on the sheep made me laugh out loud! This isn't a contentious thread so feel safe in posting. Marydoll enjoy your breakfast in bed. And lunch and dinner too. I'm sorry to hear about your sil. It sounds painful. Yesterday I visited dd and family. It was lovely but I put make up on, the first time in months, and my face today is very tight and sore. I think the make up has gone off. Dd had a sore head but this morning a wisdom tooth has popped through so she reckons the headache has come from that. Ds drove to stonehaven to spend the weekend with his bubble friend. They both live alone and have bubbled together. I'm glad as it gives him company. Got to go. A Tesco van has pulled up. Have a good day all.

Susan56 Sun 21-Feb-21 08:54:01

Good morning from Shropshire.

Georgesgran, I am so sorry for what you and your dear husband are going through.I hope you can get things sorted with the surgery tomorrow.Sending you strength ?

Cherry,I hope you are feeling brighter despite a restless night?

Have a good day all.

CherryCezzy Sun 21-Feb-21 08:57:59

? Marydoll, I wouldn't want to be in your SIL's shoes, but the dentists do know what they are doing and they'll sort it. And you my lady, rest up and let your body recover ?

I may be mistaken Georgesgran but I think visits are allowed on compassionate grounds but even if I'm wrong I know they're allowed for care and care is more than physical and I'd personally count a visit to your DH from a friend under this x

amselerin Sun 21-Feb-21 08:58:18

Good morning all,
I am feeling really great this morning which is most probably due to the long walk and chat I had with my friendyesterday. When I got dressed to go out, Waldi (my dog) run into the bedroom to hide in his basket. I had to pull him out to come with me. I thing the walk in the deep, freezing snow a few days ago was still in his bones. Anyway, he lasted two hours on the walk, went into the river and sniffed at all the holes the wild boars left behind. He still runs to the car, though. His favourite mode of transport.
sheepandcattle, as much as I like your extremely entertaining posts, they make me feel ashamed about the way I am so lazy: you farm animals, write so beautiful and you still have time to draw. Saying that, I just love to read all your messages. So, please all take care and have a lovely Sunday.

Marydoll Sun 21-Feb-21 08:59:17

I knew I had missed someone. Georgesgran, you have been constantly in my thoughts and prayers, so not forgotten, as has Auntieflo ?

Initially I didn't mind about no PMs , but now I'm getting frustrated about having no contact with my friends.

Anniebach Sun 21-Feb-21 08:59:27

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Gelisajams Sun 21-Feb-21 09:00:09

Good morning from a pleasant Morecambe Bay. Possibly a touch cool out at the moment as the heating has come on.
You paint a lovely picture of your life on the farm sheep
I’m glad you could see the funny side of your misdemeanour and are not too bruised.
Exercise for me, hopefully nothing dramatic, I can’t have you all laughing at me! I’m not vey dignified getting off my Pilates ball at the best of times.
Then it’s Zoom church. THEN it’s time for the jab!!
Off to the local cricket club for it.
Thinking of all with problems especially Marydoll and Georgesgran
Take care and stay safe everyone ?

hulahoop Sun 21-Feb-21 09:02:35

Hope you are not too bruised sheepandcattle loved the drawing ?
Georgesgran I don't blame you it's good that friend wants to visit hope it cheers your oh up.
Glad to hear iris is home
Marydoll hope you soon feel better your poor Sil hope he isn't in too much pain.
?to all feeling poorly or just low .

Jaxjacky Sun 21-Feb-21 09:04:44

Good morning from S Hants, it rained in the night but it’s v mild.
Good to see Iris is home, flamingo and all. Marydoll hope another day in bed eases the way forward.
sheepandcattle what an eventful life! Not dull by any means.
Georgesgran thoughts are with you.
I might get up the allotment later, an area needs covering until I can tackle it and I have some onions to put in. I inherited some raspberry canes, I’ve no idea what sort they are, so they’ll get a season to see if they produce or not. Roast chicken for dinner, I’ll get the last of the leeks out of the garden and make a leek and potato gratin.
Have a good day all.

Oldbutstilluseful Sun 21-Feb-21 09:08:20

Good morning from a mild, so far dry, day from North Hants.
I have been struggling for a while now, but nothing in comparison to the troubles so bravely borne by so many of you.

However, at last something interesting happened. I had been randomly selected to take part in a health survey for NHS England. It should have involved a visit from an interviewer and a nurse to ask questions and take various samples. Of course this couldn’t happen so questions were conducted over the phone. The interview was to last 45 minutes.

Well, I just hope I don’t get a follow up call to check on how the interview went! After an hour an a half I was desperate for a cuppa. However, I could tell you the name, age and weight of the interviewer, their trouble getting prescriptions for their arthritis and where the arthritis is. How awful their divorce was and all about their friend who is ignoring lockdown.

It really was the most detailed conversation I’ve had for weeks, so I was amused and entertained all at the same time!

Peace and hugs to all who need them ??

Gingster Sun 21-Feb-21 09:08:22

Good morning all from a nothing sort of day , weatherwise, here in Essex.

Firstly, Thankyou for all your kind thoughts sent to me for the passing of my lovely SIL. You’re all so kind . I have been really sad ?, as I hadn’t been able to visit her. This year has caused a lot of heartache, one way or another.

So Sheep you really made me laugh at the thought of you galloping across the field backwards ??. I love the cartoon too. Excellent ?. I do hope you weren’t hurt though! ?.

Good luck with the bed moving Sar . One job leads to another doesn’t it ! ?. Mind your back !

Ginny onwards and upwards. Keep that chin up and we’ll all get there ?

Bellasnanna what a gorgeous cake. I long to be able to meet up with a friend for a coffee. Won’t be long now !

Granmattie so glad Iris is Home. She will recover quicker there. ?

Dear DIL came round yesterday and cut DH’s hair, as he was resembling Worzel Gummidge. They went in the garden as it was fine and she was masked up. Made her a cuppa and sat out there, for a chat for half an hour, in the sun. Lovely.

Elizabeth good luck with your dinner today. I’m sure it will be delicious. My Yorkshire’s were great last week, but they never come out the same. I think the answer is more eggs in the mix. ?. Any magic tips, anyone?

Have a lovely sabbath and I’ll put in some religious music and think of you Ashcombe .

Greyduster Sun 21-Feb-21 09:08:33

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Glad you are feeling more yourself, Mick. Keep up the good work. Sheep there are easier ways of getting across a field, I’m sure!?. I expect the ewe was as surprised as you were!
It’s going to rain this afternoon so if we are going to do anything outdoors it will have to be what is left of this morning. Some very nice pork chops for lunch today with lots of veg. They are the sort of pork chops you used to be able to buy with part of the kidney attached, but the butcher tells me they are not allowed to sell them like that any more, even though people are constantly asking for them. I will have mine with spinach. Himself doesn’t like it.
Kind thoughts to all who are ill or struggling at the moment. Have a good Sunday all.

Auntieflo Sun 21-Feb-21 09:11:28

Good morning Mick, Annie and all.
I thought I was getting away with the after effects of my biopsy rather well, until this morning, when I feel as if I've had a good kicking. (Or been another contestant in the backward riding sheep contest)
I must have been given lots of anaesthetic and it has now completely worn off. Ow! So that will be a day of nothingness then, and that's me sorted out. I think I should be surgically attached to a pot of tea.
Love the picture of June, she does look contented. Do sheep like a cuddle?
I didn't get to read all of yesterdays GM thread. Is that where I can find a picture of BlueSapphire's cardigan? I must look as I was nosy and wanted to see how it has turned out.
Such good news that Iris is home, and busy building her Lego.
Georgesgran, sending hugs to you and hope you het the prescriptions for your DH.
I am hoping that all those who have been unwell lately are beginning to feel better, and if I try to list them all, I will surely forget someone, so it is a blanket well wishing to all. Sorry.
Must go and have some breakfast, then the on line service, then, who knows.
Have a good day one and all.

BlueSapphire Sun 21-Feb-21 09:14:39

Good morning everyone from a cloudy Northampton. I managed to get out in the garden for an hour yesterday, and start tidying up, and if it stays dry may get out again today. Little and often and I shall gradually get round to everything.

Nothing else planned for today, just the usual newspapers, crosswords, and knitting. I successfully managed the V neck and shaping yesterday, so may be starting on the sleeves today.

A good win for my rugby team yesterday - it must have been my lucky Saints socks!

flowers for Georgesgran. Thinking of you, and all those with worries.

cornergran Sun 21-Feb-21 09:16:53

I’d have made the same decision georgesgran, love to you both.

Keep on resting marydoll, frustrating though it is. You’re very much in many people’s thoughts so not alone. Hope your son in law has good dental news tomorrow.

Dwmxwg Sun 21-Feb-21 09:19:01

Georgesgran I have been thinking of you and your husband. I am sure a visit from a friend in these circumstances is allowed and has been good for you both.
Trying to get prescriptions/medication can be such an untimely difficulty particularly when it is a controlled drug. I do hope a a course of steroids will help to ease symptoms and give him a much needed pickup.
I have only experienced this from “the other side”, nursing in my local hospice. I do hope you are getting support from the professionals and friends and family, this is a difficult path to travel alone.

Stilllearning Sun 21-Feb-21 09:20:24

Morning from a much brighter S Lanarkshire. Thank goodness for that, yesterday was absolutely miserable, non stop rain and windy with it. My promised walk with my local daughter will materialise this afternoon.
Gingster, I am so sorry for your loss of your sister in law ?
Special thoughts to Georgesgran and friends of my own walking that path.
Great to hear you’re feeling better Ashcombe and Mick
and another thanks to Sheepandcattle for a morning chuckle, your posts should be headed ‘Funonthefarm*! I know that’s only one side of it but you do tell a good story?
What a gorgeous cake Bellasnana, and in the sunshine with a daughter, happy days.
Best wishes for a good Sunday everyone, especially those with private sorrows x

Oopsadaisy1 Sun 21-Feb-21 09:24:25

It’s just stopped raining in Oxfordshire , well, my part of it but it’s 8degress, so it could be worse. DDs dog let us all have a lie in until 9 am this morning, so we are all feeling very lazy.
Good wishes to all who are unwell and those who are looking after loved ones, so many and I might miss someone, sheepandcattle such a funny tale, but I expect you have some very busy days to look forward too.
Have a good day everyone and stay safe.