Gransnet forums

Chat

Megan and Harry again!

(1001 Posts)
Newatthis Sun 21-Feb-21 12:15:54

Can someone please enlighten me in letting me know what was wrong in Harry and meghan saying "service is universal"? Surely it is. We also like to help each other and provide a service to each other when we can, that's what I'd like to believe anyway. Isn't this what they meant? There's seems to be a lot of H & M bashing again over this, however, it's all gone quiet over Prince Andrew's alleged sexual relationship with an underage girl. Am I missing something?

Nezumi65 Sun 28-Feb-21 09:42:05

Ellianne I suspect it is the sniping at everything. When you are criticised for the way you sit, what you eat for a private lunch, closing a car door, etc etc - and remember all the ‘fake pregnancy’ nutters who commented at length under every one of these horrible stories. I can imagine it all becomes a bit much. For whatever reason the pair of them couldn’t laugh it off. TBH very few of the women who have married into the RF have managed the transition successfully. Diana didn’t, Fergie didn’t, Meghan hasn’t. Maybe Kate managed it because there was such a long courtship for want of a better word.

Anniebach - surely you can understand why he still struggles then?

Bridgeit Sun 28-Feb-21 09:42:08

No one is lecturing you Annibach, all have their story to tell, compassion is all encompassing,,or should be.

JaneJudge Sun 28-Feb-21 09:45:52

Kate did struggles though didn't she? I seem to remember they split up for a while or it was dumbed down

Lucca Sun 28-Feb-21 09:46:32

Anniebach

The person who damaged Harry was his mother , the press laid all the blame on his father.

Wow.

Anniebach Sun 28-Feb-21 09:49:44

Nezumi65 yes I do understand why he is struggling and why I truly believe meeting Megan was about the worse thing that could have happened to him , because I say this I am accused of hate.

I do not hate her but I certainly dislike manipulators and I truly believe she is a manipulator

Nezumi65 Sun 28-Feb-21 09:50:36

JaneJudge

Kate did struggles though didn't she? I seem to remember they split up for a while or it was dumbed down

Yes she did. But she had a very long time to know what she was getting into. And the press did tone it down with her after the waity katie stuff.

Nezumi65 Sun 28-Feb-21 09:51:43

I think the problems women, in particular, have had tells us a lot about the British press.

Bridgeit Sun 28-Feb-21 09:53:34

Well even if she is , what ever some folks believe she is .Harry loves her.
Thankfully for the most part we are allowed to be with the person we love. And sometimes it goes well, sometimes not.
Rather that than be denied being with the person of ones choice, because it doesn’t suit others.

Galaxy Sun 28-Feb-21 10:02:19

And we say Kate manages it but we dont know that, she could be unhappy for all we know. It's all speculation.

Anniebach Sun 28-Feb-21 10:03:37

Who didn’t it suit ? His family welcomed her. The press did not attack her, when she married him she was also taking on
a job , she wanted the job but in her way .

Does everyone take on a job and then set about changing all that goes with the job ?

Bridgeit Sun 28-Feb-21 10:05:04

Exactly Galaxy.
No partnership/marriage is without its hiccups.

Bridgeit Sun 28-Feb-21 10:06:46

Yes Annibach, some do, some see it as tying to fit in , be helpful, some see it as interfering. Depends on ones outlook & interpretation.

Sarah48 Sun 28-Feb-21 10:12:34

Browsing GN just now, I thought I’d read the comments on this thread. But I think I’ll go and sit in the garden with a tea instead and then sort the garden pots out. It’s not going to do my BP or my mental health any good sitting here reading this. Not always good for one’s mental health for anyone to get too engrossed in these threads - particularly if you have a very entrenched view, with no possible inclination to hear alternative views.

Anniebach Sun 28-Feb-21 10:15:15

So true Sarah48.

Sarah48 Sun 28-Feb-21 10:18:29

hmm. grin shock

Ellianne Sun 28-Feb-21 10:19:02

????? Not always good for one’s mental health for anyone to get too engrossed in these threads
My mental health is fine thanks and I try to find the best in people. Just because I enter the M & H discussions with enthusiasm doesn't mean my BP is raised or my hair is standing on end (though it is far too long these days to stand up on it's own!)
You could say the same about others engrossed in the political threads.

Ellianne Sun 28-Feb-21 10:22:04

Actually Sarah I see that you may have been posting from your own perspective. So apologies if I misundetood you were lecturing.

Ellianne Sun 28-Feb-21 10:22:30

*misunderstood

NellG Sun 28-Feb-21 10:31:05

If you court public attention it follows that you will tried in the court of public opinion - they can't have one without the other and to try and manipulate it is both astonishingly naive and astonishingly arrogant. Personally I have absolute sympathy with their reasons for stepping back, I can't dispute that the press has been vile and that much of it was trite and deeply unfair - I'm not sure that some of it shouldn't have been expected though. Their lack of self awareness is gobsmacking, and unfortunately they now both come across to me as whiny, self serving and massively disingenuous. It's my gut instinct and my life experience that inform that view, not the press. I wouldn't line my cat's litter tray with any of today's papers and consider voluntarily watching or listening to the likes of Piers Morgan and co as an act of vicious self harm. Consequently I feel my opinion holds as much water as anyone else's and has not been falsely manipulated by the media. It is now at the stage that the biggest act of service H&M could perform is to solidly and succinctly bugger off!.

Thank you for coming to my Ted talk...

Anniebach Sun 28-Feb-21 10:35:44

Just what did he hope to achieve from sitting on top of a double decker for an interview with a comedian ?

maddyone Sun 28-Feb-21 10:40:26

NellG
I wholeheartedly and absolutely endorse your last post. And all your other ones actually.

Anniebach Sun 28-Feb-21 10:42:19

I too wish they would bugger off

maddyone Sun 28-Feb-21 10:43:16

Annie
Was he being paid? Probably.

And he was putting himself out there as if in some way he’s relevant, in particular with the Oprah interview coming up soon. He’s not relevant, she’s not relevant. They should stop courting the press they despise. End of problem for them. And us.

Galaxy Sun 28-Feb-21 10:43:19

I would say James Corden is going to be a fairly affable and non confrontational interviewer. Lots of people have been interviewed by James Cordon. It wouldnt be my idea of fun but lots of people do it.

Ellianne Sun 28-Feb-21 10:48:42

Maybe the bus chat is more Harry's contribution and Meghan's is more with Oprah. I thought some of the lads' chat was quite funny once they got away from the toxic bits. Harry has always been a bit of a comedian!

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion