Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(85 Posts)
12Michael Sat 27-Feb-21 06:11:32

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but its gradually brightening up also dry and cold out there , I also look out of my window and see daffodils growing.
Today , a double dose of cycling on Eurosport plus for a change I have decided to have a fried breakfast for a change today, and tomorrow.
Hopefully my brother will pick me up so I can have my first jab today .
Compared to 3 weeks ago , I am beginning to feel more myself .
Take Care,
Mick

EllanVannin Sat 27-Feb-21 12:14:34

Goodbye Mr.Tom x . Captain Sir Tom Moore's funeral [flowerd]

EllanVannin Sat 27-Feb-21 12:15:35

flowers

Taichinan Sat 27-Feb-21 12:27:34

georgesgran ??

Mapleleaf Sat 27-Feb-21 12:47:00

Good afternoon,

It’s turned into a beautiful day here in South Yorkshire, with lovely blue sky and sunshine. I’ll just finish my coffee then peg out the washing that is ready to go on the line - so good to be able to get it outdoors.

? Georgesgran. Like Marydoll, I haven’t the words really, but you are all in my thoughts.

So pleased you are having your vaccination Mick and that you are starting to feel a little better in yourself. Take it a step at a time.

My DH will receive his vaccine next Sunday, so I’m hoping that I wont have too much longer to wait, either.

The snow moon was lovely, wasn’t it? So bright and vibrant looking.

Take care GM’ers.

Taichinan Sat 27-Feb-21 12:57:24

I too have been thinking of Capt Sir Tom, Ellan. What a wonderful life, well lived. He will not be soon forgotten and I wouldn't be surprised to see a film of his life being made.
We have a lady round here, the mother of a friend of mine, who has just celebrated her 105th birthday!! She can't wait to be allowed to get back to the gym for her weekly stint on the treadmill!! Indomitable spirits!

B9exchange Sat 27-Feb-21 13:29:06

Hi everyone, beautiful day here in Hertfordshire. Thoughts with you Georgesgran I do hope your GP will ease everything for you both.

I miss Sheepandcattle's posts, hope the lambing is going okay and that she is not worn out.

Have collected my new glasses today only took 10 weeks! Now I must remember where I put them. Enjoy the sunshine everyone.

Grandmafrench Sat 27-Feb-21 15:46:02

Thanks so much NannyT - always recommending acupuncture, shame I never managed to think of it for myself. Mmm! Will now get on and try to find someone. Take care of the knee. x

Harris27 Sat 27-Feb-21 15:50:15

I’m having. A use Saturday morning after a mix up with my prescriptions long story! I got my jab on Wednesday and I’m fine and still working as the nursery I work at reopened this week. Going to clean launder hoover then sit down with a new book later. Happy Saturday to all.

Borrheid55 Sat 27-Feb-21 21:06:34

Marydoll I’ve added a pic of my garden last summer. Hopefully I will do much more this year. Longing for the gardening season to start. Today, it was really lovely and sunny here in Kent. Got a chap replacing our garden fence for the next few days so the garden looks like a scrap yard! You make me envious of all your baking. Mr Borrheid isn’t very adventurous. I made apple pie many years ago and he complained as I had added cinnamon. My coconut cake isn’t anything like his mother’s- despite many attempts over 29 years! Thankfully he’s having his vaccine tomorrow in Folkestone , thirty miles round trip! He’s due a cholecystectomy soon (after waiting a year for his urgent op! )
Hope the better weather is doing its magic