Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(73 Posts)
12Michael Tue 02-Mar-21 06:12:49

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight here in Brackley , but looks dry outside ,and no doubt cold this morning.
Did a shop yesterday , and was OK both ways walking , have got two 5kg dumbells tempted to see if a few minutes swinging them about will help .
I also got some dispersible aspirin at 300mg, which is stronger than the prescribed one of 75mg.
Today , may take a walk to pick anew prescription, but will watch cycling live on TV this afternoon .
Take Care,
Mick

Susan56 Tue 02-Mar-21 08:10:33

Good morning from Staffordshire.

Thank you for all your lovely comments about the children yesterday.

Thank you for the birthday wishes Pantglas.Arrived at DD’s to look after DGS to find they have decorated the living room with birthday banners and have bought us an afternoon tea and birthday cake.Didn’t expect it at all as they are so busy.Feeling very spoilt.

So pleased you have heard about your hip replacement Marydoll and that you had a visit with Dollie.

Thinking of Georgesgran and her DH,Auntieflo and the Panaches?

Grandmabatty Tue 02-Mar-21 08:12:21

Good morning all from a chilly Polmont where it's currently 3°. There are grey skies too but I'm hoping they burn away. Yesterday was a beautiful day. Happy birthday to Susan 56. I hope you have a lovely day. It is also my dd's birthday and she is 30 today. She has grown into a wise and wonderful woman who I love very much. I'll go and see her later but I'm waiting for part of her present to be delivered by royal mail and despite it being sent first class,it's still not here. Marydoll I hope your trip isn't too difficult for you. I haven't driven much and get quite anxious when I have to drive further than I'm used to this last year.
Apart from visiting dd, I have nothing planned. I tidied the garden yesterday. One horrible part was I emptied a flower pot which had filled with water and a dead rat or big mouse slid out. I'm glad it never made it into the house! I might clean the summer house this afternoon. I don't want to put out all my garden bits and pieces yet, as it's early days and we could still have a cold snap. Tonight's dinner will be fish from the fish man. Have a good day all.

brook2704 Tue 02-Mar-21 08:14:05

Good morning everyone from Inverness, we’ve got a grey and misty start to the day today. Yesterday was a beautiful sunny spring day and we enjoyed a long walk, just short of 10 miles near Foyers on Loch Ness. I really enjoyed the spring sunshine and fresh air.
Today I’m walking down the hill from our house to have a brief garden chat with my friend who I usually meet for coffee. I’m looking forward to catching up on all her news. She doesn’t enjoy walking otherwise we’d meet for a walk but each to their own ?
I remember Dunham Massey very well mancgirl and have spent many happy days there in the past. We used to love seeing the deer and a visit to the cafe was a must too. There’s so many lovely places to visit around there.
Pleased that your fil seems to be ok in his new home scentia one less worry
Such a shame about the holiday pitcity I hope you can arrange something else for later in the year and get together then..
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles and hope today is kind. Take care all whatever the day brings ?

cornergran Tue 02-Mar-21 08:14:37

Belated anniversary wishes elizabeth1, I’m pleased your celebrations went so well.

cornergran Tue 02-Mar-21 08:16:23

A very happy birthday susan, ??. How wonderful to arrive to find a decorated room. Enjoy every minute of today.

NannyJan53 Tue 02-Mar-21 08:18:55

Good morning from a very dull Black Country, same as yesterday.

Meeting a friend for a walk this morning, it's a shame there is no sunny weather as we had at the weekend.

We have tentitively booked 3 days in our caravan in late May, in Somerset. Just to check all is ok after the Winter, being aware it may not happen.

MrJan's team is Aston Villa Kitty and more often than not there is eye rolling and sighing! Seems following a team can be stressful!

Happy you are starting to feel better NanKate I hope it continues flowers

So pleased you had a visit from your Dollie Marydoll I am sure that boosted your spirits. Hope your journey is not too stressful today. I have done so little miles this past year, I had a refund from insurance of a whole £3.36 smile

Wishing you all a pleasant day, with special thoughts to Georgesgran Auntieflo and anyone unwell or down

Beechnut Tue 02-Mar-21 08:19:07

Wishing you a Happy Birthday Susan ??

Urmstongran Tue 02-Mar-21 08:21:10

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where it’s dry and sunny again.

A day of reflection for me. My lovely mum died 3 years ago today. We are driving over to see my stepfather this afternoon and take comfort in each other with familiar shared stories.

My Yorkshire Lass has been on the phone for over half an hour with personal worries to share with her mum on her drive into work. Hey ho.

Hope Tuesday is kind to us all.
Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

Pittcity Tue 02-Mar-21 08:29:01

Jax check the suncreams before you stash them. There is a little symbol on them marked 12 or 24. This is the number of months that they are effective for after opening. Anything over 2 years old should be thrown away or used as body lotion as they are no longer giving sun protection.

Anniebach Tue 02-Mar-21 08:31:13

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Jaxjacky Tue 02-Mar-21 08:36:13

Thanks Pittcity good advice. Happy Birthday Susan56 enjoy your day ??? and belated anniversary elizabeth1 ?.

Grammaretto Tue 02-Mar-21 08:40:20

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Dull today but it may improve.
I wouldn't start taking a high dose aspirin Mick. Check with the doctor if you are worried before self medicating.
Yoga today. I do miss the warm hall where we used to go. I suppose there are advantages doing it on zoom but my draughty sitting room floor was never best suited as a substitute.
What good news about your hip replacement Marydoll and seeing your DGD.
I hope to see my littlies this next weekend.
I think we are due another Government announcement soon.
Happy birthday Susan flowers cupcake

Have the best day you can everyone.

aggie Tue 02-Mar-21 08:47:56

Michael Too much aspirin can lead to bleeding stomach ulcers , I know , I had it , not nice , nearly passed out with pain and just managed not to have blood transfusions
Paracetamol at the prescribed dose is recommended for pain and post vaccine
Oh and Good Morning all , very frosty here but the sun has just come out

GrannyGravy13 Tue 02-Mar-21 08:49:19

Urmstongran ? sending you a (((hug)))

Happy Birthday Susan56 ???

Gelisajams Tue 02-Mar-21 08:54:17

A quick good morning from a frosty Morecambe Bay. I am off in a minute to Manchester to hopefully get my tooth fixed. I will read and catch up later, and also read the lovely long PM which I noticed in my in box.
Take care and stay safe everyone ?

BlueSapphire Tue 02-Mar-21 08:55:09

Good morning everyone from a grey murky day in Northampton; it feels chilly. Didn't get out to the garden yesterday as when I popped out to the bins it felt icy. Stayed in and caught up with the weekend newspapers instead. Looks likely to be the same today.

Not much planned for today; I have some chicken thawing out to make a paprika chicken in the slow cooker. Will have a general tidy up and run the Shark over downstairs.

A new parcel of wool arrived yesterday for my next project - I can't wait! But I need to finish off my current cardigan which is very interesting as it is knitted all in one from the top down. It's making me think, and I have to read the pattern really carefully which I suppose is good for my brain!

Hope that any adventures we have today are of the pleasant kind - take care and stay safe.

EkwaNimitee Tue 02-Mar-21 08:56:36

Good morning, Mick and All from a very frosty and overcast Cumbrian coast. The sun could yet show its face but I think lawn mowing is off. Housework catch up instead as I had to go out yesterday and have got behind.
A best day possible to you all.

Greyduster Tue 02-Mar-21 08:59:36

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It’s grey and chilly in South Yorkshire. A run over to the butchers at lunchtime, a short walk, and then we will call in to the garden centre on the way home. Mick two five kilo dumbbells sounds quite a lot to be “swinging about”. Be careful you don’t strain something. DH uses a couple of two kilo ones and they were recommended for his exercise regime. Take it gently please.
Have a good safe day folks.

brook2704 Tue 02-Mar-21 09:19:47

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday Susan enjoy your special day! ???
Urms a day tinged with sadness, sending ?

Blossoming Tue 02-Mar-21 09:38:11

Good morning all from a sunny cold Lancashire. There was a frost first thing but the sun has burned it off. I have a cupboard to de-clutter today and hopefully a walk later. Mr. B. has been out and done the weekly supermarket shop.

Nannagarra Tue 02-Mar-21 09:40:59

Good morning from the Sefton coast where it is overcast and cool.
Mention of 300mg of aspirin, Mick, caused me to sit up very straight. Marydoll gives wise counsel.
Yesterday the wild swimmers invited me to join them, advised me about wet suits then told me the sea temperature was 6 degrees. For some reason I managed not to be tempted!
Such a relief for you, NanKate. Happy birthday wishes to Susan56 and GMB’s DD. So uplifting to hear your news about the hip replacement and Dollie’s visit, Marydoll.
Have the best day you can everyone. ?

Auntieflo Tue 02-Mar-21 09:48:30

Good morning Mick, Annie and all from a dry, but dullish bit of Berks.
Lots of good advice Mick, about the aspirin and your weights. Do take care, your stomach is a delicate organ! DH was recently prescribed an aspirin a day, but also to take one of those stomach protective pills as well.
We had an interesting day yesterday. After the usual pottering , we had a snooze after lunch time, and DH offered to make a cup of tea. All well and good, until I went into the kitchen to find a small lake spreading across the floor. At first I thought it was the fridge, that I had left defrosting, until I got a cold drop of water on my head. Looked up, and lo and behold, there was water dripping from the bathroom. so I called and left a message for our lovely plumber, and he came at 5 pm, on his way home from a job in Twickenham. We are now leak free, the cupboard doors under the basin are open, until the floor drys, and the kitchen ceiling is drying out, albeit with a big stain. Ah well, that caused a bit of excitement for a Monday.
Do you know, DH didn't notice the water on the floor!!! ?

Belated Happy Anniversary Elizabeth1, and Happy birthday to Susan.
Good news Marydoll, that perhaps your hip can be sorted ?, and also take care while driving. It's an odd feeling after being stuck in for so long, and not being able to drive much.

Such bizziness going on here, I will have to come back later and catch up.
Thank you all for your kind good wishes , and I send loving thoughts to all who are going through tough times. Especially Georgesgran and her DH.
Sending Gilly a wave, if she pops in.

Have a good day one and all.

Mapleleaf Tue 02-Mar-21 09:55:29

Morning all,

Another grey, dismal and cold day. I hope we soon get the sunshine back as this dismal weather is depressing, isn't it?

Mick do be careful. Unless you have been advised to, upping your medication dose without medical advise is downright dangerous and foolish. I'm hoping it's been prescribed, though have to say, I think the pharmacist would be questioning you about it if not. Aspirin is potentially dangerous if mis-used. Also, beginning strenuous exercise without medical advice is not a good idea, either, for you at the moment. You need to proceed with caution.

Take care all.

Grandmafrench Tue 02-Mar-21 10:07:04

Good Morning everyone....overcast but warm sunshine en route for later.

Happy Birthday, Susan and how loved are you! ??
Make it a day of shared memories, Urms - happy ones amongst your tears.
Our wedding anniversary today - another year of happiness shared with my darling. And - when I’m not Cursing Covid - I do feel blessed and am very thankful.

A flan and salad for lunch, I think. Maybe a restaurant take-out this evening. Oh, such excitement, a meal we haven’t cooked! At least, eating at home, we can both have a drink!

Shall get my skates on, dust to shift, bathroom to clean.
Take care all. Hugs and strength to all who need that.
Stay safe, hang in there, please. Times are changing ??

Nannagarra Tue 02-Mar-21 10:12:51

Happy wedding anniversary Grandmafrench ??