Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(54 Posts)
12Michael Thu 04-Mar-21 06:12:58

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, looks like its been wet as well overnight heer in Brackley.
Today , a easy day in have something to try and sort out later as to email but will do it at own pace and not panic .
I hoping to receive a copy of a newly released paperback, today in the post its about a local persons childhood in the 50`s and 60`s in the town where he grew up in which is Brackley .
That person left Brackley ,and keeps his ties , but went onto lecturing history at Buckingham University , now retired to a location in North West .
Take Care,
Mick
PS : also 4 weeks since hospital discharge

Gelisajams Thu 04-Mar-21 08:23:53

Photo was on when I previewed. I’ll try again!

grandMattie Thu 04-Mar-21 08:26:54

Yes*Marydoll*, all the wind pollinated trees are shedding pollen - alder, firs, pines, hazel...

Grandmabatty Thu 04-Mar-21 08:31:38

Good morning all from a damp Polmont. Currently it is 5° with grey skies but I see a little blue. That is a welcome change from the low clouds of the last few days. Marydoll I hope you are feeling better today. I've developed hay fever or an allergy and have been sneezing fit for a Disney film. Yesterday ended up nicer than I thought. I had a long WhatsApp chat with friends in the afternoon and then my oldest friend phoned later for a chat too. So that was nice.
Like many others, I have no plans for today. I'm busy doing nothing! I have no motivation left today. Hopefully it'll return tomorrow. Have a good day all.

Gingster Thu 04-Mar-21 08:41:57

Good morning all. Another mizzly day, here in Essex.

Zoom bridge at 10 o’clock and hoping to woodstain the garden gate but I’m not sure it’s ideal weather for that.

I spoke to my neighbour at our seaside cottage yesterday and she said police are checking number plates and second home houses up there. Sending them back to their permanent residences. If there is any urgent maintenance to be done, you are allowed to get it sorted and straight back home. I’m hoping to be able to travel there after 12 th April, although I’m rather confused about what we can or can’t do on certain dates. ?.

Jax I’ve had hay fever now for a few weeks as has some others in the family. Very early for it to start this year.

Sorry to hear of bereavements, illness and worries. My thoughts are with you!?

GrannySomerset Thu 04-Mar-21 08:42:51

Exciting day ahead with visits from suitably masked and aproned hairdresser to cut DH’s hair and possibly trim mine a bit, and then the chiropodist. The strain of getting ready for a specified time is almost too much after so long but at least it doesn’t include leaving the house - an unexpected consequence of lockdown. Otherwise nothing much planned - busy doing nothing.

harrigran Thu 04-Mar-21 08:47:00

Good morning from an overcast NE.
Cote at home delivery today, I love their French yogurts and pain au raisin.
I did some hoovering, having a sit down in between each room, mopped the floors and cleaned the bathrooms. My goodness I felt as if I had done a ten mile hike. I am so unfit.
I slept reasonably well but DH says he couldn't because of the pain.
Take care.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 04-Mar-21 08:48:58

Morning Mick and all

My trip out for my mammogram went ok, just have to wait for the results. Off out for a dental hygienist appointment this afternoon, all this excitement!!!!!

Gingster the weather is rather depressing in our area isn’t it???

I have got a hankering for sausage egg and chips, so that’s dinner sorted.

So saddened to hear Merlotgrans news ?

Thinking of our dear friends both absent and with troubles (((hugs)))

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️

Gingster Thu 04-Mar-21 08:50:04

I love that song

‘ I’m busy doing nothing,
Working the whole day through,
Trying to find
Lots of things
Not to do’

How appropriate!

Susan56 Thu 04-Mar-21 08:54:22

Just popping in with a quick good morning and to send my thoughts to all struggling with illness,loss of mojo and to merlotgran?

Will catch up on everyone’s news later.Today is childcare support day and DD arrived an hour earlier than usual ?

Mapleleaf Thu 04-Mar-21 08:57:16

Good morning,

At last we have some sunshine after 3 very grey, dreary days. I'm not sure how long it will last, but it's a welcome sight.

I've bit my Pilates class shortly but thought I'd pop in to say a quick hello. I will read the posts more thoroughly later. Like GrannyGravy13 I was saddened to read Merlotgrans news. Very sad.

Take care everyone ?.

Grammaretto Thu 04-Mar-21 09:01:28

Good morning folks from a cold, damp, dreich Scottish Borders. Yes where did that gorgeous sunshine go!
I took a photo on Saturday which looks like the Riviera.
How nice to have a seaside cottage but how frustrating to be unable to go there Gingster
I can't get an electrician to come here though I do see lots of trades vans driving around. They can't all be on urgent missions, can they?.
Very small ambitions today: I shall take cuttings from my moonflower as several people have asked for them.
Put a wash on and hoover the bedroom.
That will do.
Sending loving thoughts to Merlotgran, Harrigran, Georgesgran, Auntieflo and to all who could do with them.

Marydoll I just need to walk down the cleaning products deadly chemical aisle in any supermarket to get runny eyes.

Anniebach Thu 04-Mar-21 09:11:02

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Nannytopsy Thu 04-Mar-21 09:14:37

Good morning Mick and all his followers. I hope you get you IT sorted Mick.
Grey here in Suffolk after overnight rain but it isn’t misty today.
We are having a smart meter fitted today - great excitement! It’s a condition of our tariff or we wouldn’t have bothered. We had one at our old house and didn’t find it useful. Your use goes up when you turn the oven on or the tumble drier and falls when you turn them off. It isn’t rocket science!
Thinking of the sad, poorly and unhappy people this morning.
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

Greyduster Thu 04-Mar-21 09:21:07

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Maple has our weather spot in this morning. After my previous sleepless night I slept like a top last night. Nothing much planned except some laundry, fridge cleaning, and food shopping later when it’s quiet. We have a face time with DS and his missus this evening.
Thinking of Merlot today, and anyone struggling with bereavement or ill health. Stay safe folks.

LauraNorder Thu 04-Mar-21 09:32:00

Good morning from a grey and chilly Anglesey, that little glimpse of spring sent to tempt us has disappeared for now.
Holding Merlotgran in my thoughts. Such sad news.
Thoughts too for Georgesgran and everyone going through the toughest of times.

Stilllearning Thu 04-Mar-21 10:02:23

Grey rainy day here in S Lanarkshire but good morning anyway!
Taking chicken soup this morning to my still poorly girl, I don’t know really if it’s the soup or the mothering but it always helps her when she has one of these throat/ear miserable episodes. Much needed housework after that.
Have a happy day baubles and good wishes to everyone especially the sore hearted.

EkwaNimitee Thu 04-Mar-21 10:04:21

Good morning, Mick and everyone from the Cumbrian coast where we have a lot of cloud but the sun keeps breaking out for brief periods . I went for what I thought was a short drive to the supermarket only to find that the rash of roadworks that has broken out in the last week, had extended to my usual route. So I found myself driving a long diversion round suburbs I swear I never visited in all my decades living here. Came home by another route not so badly effected.
The rest of the day is just pottering, hopefully partly in the garden and then reading etc.
My thoughts with all of you suffering bereavement and ill health.

Auntieflo Thu 04-Mar-21 10:08:26

Good morning Mick, Annie, and all, from a damp bit of Berks.
Another member of the doing nothing brigade here.
My lovely friend phoned yesterday afternoon, but I was asleep ?
so she sent me an email. I think I had taken so many tablets that they all caught up with me at once and I just had to give in.
Anyway, feeling not quite so sore this morning. So, we could wrap up and go for a short walk to blow away the cobwebs.

Marydoll, you are a glutton for punishment, what with driving, and shopping and getting over excited. But I wish that we had a BM or Home Bargains anywhere near here. Or anything really that is a bit different. I just want to go mooching/shopping, and not on line.

The painter is coming later this afternoon, to look at our damaged ceiling, and see when he can fit us in.
I watched an old "Love it or List it" programme last night, and I'm sure Kirsty said that you have to spend £1500 - £2000 per year on the up keep of the house.
Well, it doesn't take that much work, or new bits and pieces, to soon get to that amount, does it?
Holding all our friends in my heart as they go through much sadness and difficulties recently.
Take care of yourselves, and have a good day one and all.

EllanVannin Thu 04-Mar-21 10:29:05

Good Morning All x.
A dull grey morning but very still with no wind about, not a leaf moving on the bottlebrush tree.
There's a batch of daisies on the lawn and they look lovely, a sure sign of new growth springing up.

I tried to pay my electric bill by phone yesterday---what a palava, very off-putting so I gave up after nearly 8 minutes of nonsense and they can get it via a cheque in the post now.
Which is why I don't pay by direct debit because they don't know what they're doing half the time.

Must get the hoover out today at some point as with one of the cats being part Persian she sheds a bit of fur now and again, though I do brush her to avoid the fur from being matted.

Other than a bit of hoovering I'll catch up with the crime case I've been following for years and that'll be another day gone--just like that. Dinner in between of course, chicken Korma and rice today.

Thinking of Merlotgran and her sad news yesterday x.
Urmston hope you can get sorted to prevent another flare up. Could be a problem in the eustachian tube which affects the neck as well as the ear and throat. It happens after a cold or virus infection.

Thoughts to all who are having struggles of sorts.
Take care on your travels Grandmafrench, a long way to go but a worthwhile journey in the end.

All have as good a day as you can and stay safe xx

Taichinan Thu 04-Mar-21 10:33:37

Good morning all from a slightly brighter but decidedly chilly Angus coast. I see there's a wee break in the cloud over the hills, which is nice.
Congratulations Mick on your 4-week-versary of your return from hospital. And so glad to hear your DFiL is happy in his new home now that he has moved. It does sound better than his previous one.
Today would have been our 54th wedding anniversary and in September it will be 27 years since DH was killed. I still think of him every day at some point, and it saddens me how much he has missed in those intervening years
Nothing special to do today - rather like everyday! So I'll away and get started. Adding Merlotgran to my prayers ? and healing thoughts to all who are distressed, worried or poorly ?. Have the best day you can everyone ??

Jaxjacky Thu 04-Mar-21 10:38:15

Gingster you should be ok, if all goes to plan.

Gwenisgreat1 Thu 04-Mar-21 10:39:08

Good Morning all from sunny, drizzly, cloudy Harrogate.
It was I Pantglas who said i'd been busy doing nothing! I have more nothing to do but today I shall be busy, going to try Polomint's Microwave dumpling, then make lunch, then get ready for my Zoom art club this evening, then take dog for a walk, then make something to erat this evening - might get more nothing done tomorrow, though I suspect our little dog will have to go back to the Vet, she's still not very well - dread to think how much it will cost!
Marydoll it's a pity the Homeopathic hospital is no longer in Glasgow, Dr Robin Gibson would have sorted you out! He transformed my DD2 when she was 3 into a normal 3 year old from one who had the screaming ab-dabs from birth.
Gagagran I wish your DH luck for tomorrow - I don't remember having to drink all that gunge before my hip op and it was only 5 years ago? Mind you I had to have it redone after some idiot pushed me onto the cobbled road in York and my femur got shattered. Fortunately it was a pedestrianised area!
That's my Morrisons shop arrived and the kettle boiled for coffee!

Hope everyone manages to have better day today

Blossoming Thu 04-Mar-21 10:43:47

Good morning all, it was cold and damp here in Lancashire first thing but has brightened up now. I’m waiting on a call from one of my consultants about blood test results. I had 2 parathyroid tumours removed 2 years ago and if my bloods are OK I’m hoping this consultant will discharge me. That should cut down on the number of blood tests and hospital visits I have.

polomint Thu 04-Mar-21 10:48:41

Good morning from central Scotland where it is damp and overcast. Weather always affects me, I seem to feel better and more optimistic when sun is shining. Hope everyone has a pleasant day

Grandmabatty Thu 04-Mar-21 10:49:57

Taichinan ?