Gransnet forums

Chat

What I can’t do (well) but can do better.

(59 Posts)
Calpurnia Sat 06-Mar-21 16:16:58

I know we all have different abilities which makes us the lovely unique people we are. I do believe, however insignificant, we all have talents - some useful others not so.

I would love to hear what abilities or not GN’s have -

I am pretty useless with the internet- scraping along the bottom really... but.... I can soothe a crying baby to sleep in a very short time and am a dab hand with a sewing needle - how about you ?

timetogo2016 Sun 07-Mar-21 15:30:32

I have the knack of making my family and friends laugh.
My son says he hears me and dh before he sees us.

JackyB Sun 07-Mar-21 15:36:43

I'm good at giving advice but not so good at heeding it myself.

H1954 Sun 07-Mar-21 15:37:37

I appear to be very good at laundry, washing, drying and ironing.............probably because I've had lots of practice because no one else bothers!!!!!

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sun 07-Mar-21 15:44:20

I can cook, quiz, knit and sew, create a garden.

This internet thingy - not too clever. I feel that I've got just about enough information in my old brain and if I try to get it to accept more tech stuff it'll explode.

Cabbie21 Sun 07-Mar-21 15:48:45

I can sing well, but I can’t co-ordinate to do anything else at the same time, not even clap. Definitely can’t dance, or act.
No practical skills apart from basic cooking, mending.

I can organise, manage rotas and timetables, manage life admin. Reasonably computer literate, except spreadsheets. Hate numbers. Good at Codeword puzzles but can’t do Sudoku.
Can’t make small talk or make people laugh, nor can DH, so people think we are very boring.

nadateturbe Sun 07-Mar-21 15:57:48

I'm good at regrouting. (Or perhaps it suits my OH to tell me that)
I can play a good Sally Gardens on the tin whistle.
I'm not good at telephone conversations, no time to think.

nadateturbe Sun 07-Mar-21 16:02:10

Cabbie21 I love codeword puzzles too. And not great at small talk.

PamelaJ1 Sun 07-Mar-21 17:12:35

I can do the deadly killer Sudoku in the Times.
That’s it really. If only someone had invented it years ago. It may have made a huge difference to my life!