Gransnet forums

Chat

Where do you keep your everyday handbag?

(38 Posts)
SophieBookupied Sun 07-Mar-21 10:55:05

Where do you keep your everyday handbag when at home? Which room? On the floor or resting on something or hanging from something? Different place at night than during the day?

crazyH Sun 07-Mar-21 12:36:45

On the back of the chair..

BlueSky Sun 07-Mar-21 13:08:01

No handbag here! I used to carry the largest bag going, now it’s phone, card and keys in coat/jeans pockets.
Obviously Facebook is the last place to divulge personal information.

FlexibleFriend Sun 07-Mar-21 13:09:35

I haven't got an everyday handbag just a phone bag that also holds my keys and that's kept wherever I am.

tidyskatemum Sun 07-Mar-21 13:13:02

The one and only handbag I own, with nothing in it, has been in the cupboard under the stairs for the last year!

Mapleleaf Sun 07-Mar-21 13:36:39

In that case, Sophie I would imagine most people store empty handbags in a cupboard or a storage box and keep their everyday one (if they use one) nearby them wherever they happen to be so it's never out of sight?

NotAGran55 Sun 07-Mar-21 13:55:16

I love bags and would never put a bag on the floor.
Mine are stored in a glass fronted wardrobe and my daily one sits on a chair in any room in the house .

Riverwalk Sun 07-Mar-21 14:43:51

Mine is usually in my bedroom, slung on the bed or on the chair. I live in a flat - when I was in a house it was usually somewhere in the kitchen.

For those worrying about revealing where you leave your handbag on a public forum - we are anonymous, unless you're one of the grans who reveal all, and there are a few - do you really think the nation's thieves will be trawling GN do find out where you stash your handbag?

TwiceAsNice Sun 07-Mar-21 16:04:19

Work bag on the floor in the bedroom. Using it again for the first time when I go back to work at school tomorrow. Every day bag hanging on the back of the chair , next to hall table. Pick up bag, pick up keys from table and go

Herbie9 Sun 07-Mar-21 16:19:53

I have too many bags! Love my Radley and Ted Baker bags. Like to change them about when going out (not lately) but usually manage to forget something like my bus pass and specs. When I wore fleeces I sometimes put these and my credit card in the zipped pockets but dont wear these now and find most coat pockets too small. At home my handbag is always along side my lounge chair.

tanith Sun 07-Mar-21 16:59:52

Don’t have an everyday handbag, my phone, card and keys in my pocket.

Niobe Sun 07-Mar-21 17:04:00

In the living room during the day and beside my bed at night. I change out my bag every couple of weeks depending on my mood.

Whitewavemark2 Sun 07-Mar-21 17:19:21

I have a crossbody purse that I keep in my shopping basket, which is hardly used as I have everything possible delivered.

My handbag for going out use, is kept in its bag away from the dust, but never used at the moment. I live in hope?