Gransnet forums

Chat

Meghan and Harry. Has anyone changed their opinion post Oprah?

(1001 Posts)
Missfoodlove Tue 09-Mar-21 09:27:44

Has anyone got a different perspective after watching last evenings interview?
I am be really interested to hear if any of you feel more or less pro the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

Peasblossom Tue 09-Mar-21 10:19:36

And now M going back the other way and wondering if the whole interview wasn’t engineered to give that impression.

A kind of preparation for the reasons she’ll give for ditching him in the future.

Ah me. What a circus.

Peasblossom Tue 09-Mar-21 10:19:58

I’m going back not M

Peasblossom Tue 09-Mar-21 10:20:51

Manipulative people always three steps ahead - of me anyway?

eazybee Tue 09-Mar-21 10:23:02

The boil is lanced, the pus is out; no surprises, just two very jealous, discontented people: 'Ginge and Whinge' (Allison Pearson).
My opinion has not changed; I thought them contemptible before.
How long before the divorce?

EllanVannin Tue 09-Mar-21 10:25:52

Peasblossom, you learn over the years to see through people and that interview was well staged and conspicuous.

BlueSky Tue 09-Mar-21 10:28:38

Agree with all of the above. They were a delightful couple, a breath of fresh air, but if you want to see racism and discrimination everywhere you’ll find it! As others have say let’s name the royal who was concerned about the baby’s colour. They have already damaged them all anyway.

Grandmajean Tue 09-Mar-21 10:32:28

I haven't changed my mind. Don't like her. I thought she sounded reasonable in the first 15 minutes but then she said at least three things which didn't add up and one of them was the comment about the possible colour of Archie's skin. When Harry came on he gave the impression that this skin comment had happened much earlier on in the relationship with a comment from someone about "Colour of kids' skin" which I took to mean any children they might have in the future. Still racist and unacceptable but not specifically about Archie. Must listen again. For anyone who doesn't know how titles are given ( or not ) Meghan also managed to make the lack of a title sound like an insult. Maybe it was but maybe it wasn't. Wonder what they ( H and M ) do all day. I would think life in California could be boring for Harry.

Calendargirl Tue 09-Mar-21 10:36:24

annsixty

The meeting with Sarah was early on, at an informal lunch at Royal Lodge, the home of Andrew and Sarah. The Queen obviously was there for lunch as well.
It was the D of E who wouldn’t have anything to do with Sarah, I think the Queen has still taken tea and suchlike with her.

On another note, Hillary Clinton has joined the debate, coming out with all guns blazing on behalf of Meghan.

Anniebach Tue 09-Mar-21 10:38:30

Will Meg go into politics?

annsixty Tue 09-Mar-21 10:39:24

Thank you Calendargirl
That explains the circumstances which I was not making sense of.

Susie42 Tue 09-Mar-21 10:40:01

I haven't changed my opinion as I think Meghan has always been "me, me, me" but she kept this hidden until she had what she wanted.

Lizzie35 Tue 09-Mar-21 10:41:02

I’ve certainly not changed my mind about M if fact it’s worse. I like a lot of others think she is a scheming person who couldn’t wait to keep herself in the limelight, so much for stating a quiet family life and H on that bus it’s just across the pond who love that sort of thing and certainly not the behaviour of a Royal. I don’t believe half of what she said it’s a big sympathy thing from M. As for doing OW show that’s not privacy and a quiet family life!!

Aveline Tue 09-Mar-21 10:41:27

I wonder if they'll look back on this interview one day and cringe?

Shropshirelass Tue 09-Mar-21 10:43:24

No, her body language was telling me that she was not being truthful and she was hoping to get an Oscar for her performance. Harry looked uncomfortable, he was fiddling with his wedding ring and was constantly being corrected by Meghan. I don’t think he wanted to be doing the interview. They should have stayed quiet and got on with their lives. Never complain, never explain. I think the Queen will feel let down and betrayed by them both. Very sad.

trisher Tue 09-Mar-21 10:43:31

Most Americans are supporting Meghan. Partly because they are much more aware of racial bias than we Brits are and partly because it's an American girl and Diana's son, she was always popular over there. I think the continuing bile and hate being producedby the British media will just serve to widen the gap. I think both of them are well out of it and the place they are living looks lovely.

Shropshirelass Tue 09-Mar-21 10:46:03

Regarding the baby’s skin colour, wouldn’t we all have wondered in the same situation. I would have but it wouldn’t have been in a racist way whatsoever, just curiosity. If they had questioned whether the baby would have ginger hair would they have had the same reaction? I doubt it.

trisher Tue 09-Mar-21 10:50:10

I guess all the people posting on here how it isn't racist to wonder what colour a baby's skin may be are white. So they have no right to claim it's not racist. Try asking someone who is black, most of them think it is. And it is.

Urmstongran Tue 09-Mar-21 10:50:40

When Harry came on he gave the impression that this skin comment had happened much earlier on in the relationship with a comment from someone about "Colour of kids' skin" which I took to mean any children they might have in the future. Still racist and unacceptable but not specifically about Archie

Totally agree with you Grandmajean.

Gwenisgreat1 Tue 09-Mar-21 10:55:37

Didn't watch last night, I'd seen enough. To my mind, she's an actress first and gets her own way by acting

Whitewavemark2 Tue 09-Mar-21 10:55:57

I don’t know them or their relatives, and therefore I don’t know the truth of the matter. I am in no position to judge.

Ellianne Tue 09-Mar-21 10:56:54

I think I feel a lot sadder after the Oprah interview. Sad about all the promises of what might have been, and sad that a family has been trashed.
If I were the Queen or Kate I would want to distance myself entirely from H & M forever as a way of coping, though not seeing my GGS would upset me terribly.

Mini2020 Tue 09-Mar-21 10:58:14

At the beginning I started to have sympathy for her, 20 minutes later the old feelings of Meghan’s behaviour crept back into my mind! I cannot understand why they did this, the only person who gained is Oprah’s bank balance! Harry and Meghan are very spoilt and to upset our Queen like we can only imagine, is totally disgraceful.

Cherrytree59 Tue 09-Mar-21 11:01:41

No I have not changed my mind.

For me it was evident is that Harry is lying, when he says he loves his (Royal) family.
I would say he actually hates and despises them all, Starting from the Queen and Prince Philip right down the line to his father and brother.

His wife has fed and nurtured his feelings to her own ends.

EllanVannin Tue 09-Mar-21 11:03:30

I bet she's a real whingebag to live with.

Rosalyn69 Tue 09-Mar-21 11:04:48

No my opinion has not changed. What a pathetic couple. What do they hope to get out of this apart from notoriety. I am also reminded of the Windsors.
I wonder what will happen to Harry when he has nothing left to give her and she dumps him.
As to the colour thing - my painter informed me yesterday he is painting the stable doors brown like him!

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion