Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(86 Posts)
12Michael Wed 10-Mar-21 06:13:33

Good Morning Everyone,
Just daylight but its wet and windy out there in Brackley .
Today, later a shop followed by cycling on TV will watch the Italian Tirreno -Adriatic race as its got a good load of riders in it.
Sorted out my bus pass renewal yesterday after several attempts online , in the end phone up on a freephone number to sort .
Person explained I was not only person trying to renew online and failing as the form was not allowing you to finish it, so phone conversation with essential info sorted.
Take Care,
Mick

Ashcombe Wed 10-Mar-21 06:21:20

Good morning, Mick and everyone, on a very wet one in Torbay. The hazy view across the sea yesterday heralded a change in the weather and so it has proved.

No walking today so back to dancing along to one of the exercise class videos provided by my teacher. It helps but I shall be glad to return to seeing her and the other participants in person. This afternoon is my regular Zoom meeting with Wednesday Club (amdram) so that helps the day along.

Wishing everyone relief from pain of any kind and light to those in dark tunnels with worries at this time. 🥰

Hiraeth Wed 10-Mar-21 06:22:47

Good morning from a grey dull morning here in Germany. Good news the gov. have decided to rollout the vaccines at the surgeries. We,re getting there slowly!
Stay safe and enjoy today

grandMattie Wed 10-Mar-21 06:23:10

Good morning from light, grey, windy E Kent.
Interesting about bus pass, Mick, ours are renewed automatically unless not used for 6 months, which is ridiculous in this last 12 months of lockdown.
Laundry today. I always do the ironing the same day. Aren’t I virtuous? I have also prepared about2.5kg of vegetables to make piccalilli. People love mine, I don’t like any pickles type thing. Too English. DH says I’m racist! 😂
In reply to your questions, Iris will have the frame until her leg is 3cm longer. About 5-6 months, DD guesses. They are aiming for her two knees to match, she will also have another operation on the same leg to shorten her femur, poor little mite.
May today bring relief to those in sorrow, pain anxiety or cheesed off. It will get better. Days are longer and warmer, the Equinox is only 12 days away. May you find a flamboyance of flamingos in your lives. 🦩🦩🦩🦩🦩🦩🦩🦩❤️☀️

Ashcombe Wed 10-Mar-21 06:31:21

Flipping fabulously funky flamingos, funny friend!

And such admiration for dear Iris with so much to face, grandMattie!

Dwmxwg Wed 10-Mar-21 06:34:27

Good morning Mick and all to follow from north Surrey. I can see it is starting to get light but haven’t looked out yet.
Yesterday was such a lovely day with sunshine all day. Walked with DD and we then found a cafe that did takeaway and sat in the park for 2 hours chatting. My DD opened up about all sorts of things ewe haven’t really had the opportunity to discuss for months it was good to be able to have a proper mum/daughter talk.
DH had been busy in the garden when I got home and we sat in the sunshine until it started to feel chilly. We popped to the local garden centre to buy some new strawberry plants for the allotment and I saw a flamingo garden ornament with solar lights, so of course I had to have it, will photograph when I have found a suitable spot to put it. All in all good day.
Today I am visiting mum and dad. Will take my cleaning bits to give their kitchen and bathroom a once over.
Boys will be here tonight for their weekly stay with us. Need to come up with some objectives for tomorrow’s appraisal, nothing too taxing in my twilight nursing years.
Wishing all a good day and thoughts for our GM friends in need 💐🦩

Gagagran Wed 10-Mar-21 06:42:08

Morning all from a heavily overcast but milder south coast. We are promised gales and heavy rain later and I have to go to the post office to post my DS's birthday present. He is going to be 50 - how on earth can that be? It was only last year when I was 50 - or am I getting a bit mixed up with dates?

Better news from DH yesterday and although he is still full of tubes he is improving and may lose the nasogastric tube and drip today. He was allowed a decaff coffee yesterday with a straw and later a cup of clear soup. They are taking things slowly to avoid setbacks. It seems to be working so far.

Will keep an eye out for a flamingo or two when I venture out later!

Hope the day is a good one for us all. sunshine

Sheepandcattle Wed 10-Mar-21 06:50:30

Morning all from a wet and windy Wiltshire. I love the way that flamingos have infiltrated this thread! Very symbolic being such colourful, positive, unique birds - just like us funky, fun grans! 😁 🦩
What a lot little Iris has to go through but what a little star she is.
Yesterday I ended up giving in and spending the morning in bed sleeping - hard for me as I’m a control-freak when it comes to my lambing shed but I had to hand the reins over to DH and admit defeat. I think it did me the world of good as I was up and back down there in the afternoon feeling a lot more with-it. Today I shall spend the day fretting about the majority of the ewes and lambs that have been turned out as the weather is going to be wet and windy - not great for little lambs but hopefully they have been out long enough to ‘harden up’. I haven’t turned the lambs born in the last couple of days out, knowing that this bad spell of weather was coming, so they are partying in the barn until this weather front passes. The ewes are becoming real prima donnas, having had me as their willing slave for the past fortnight 😳! Every time I step into the barn they are noisily demanding that I provide them with more ewe-rolls and fresh hay - they’d better leave me a good review on the sheep Air B&B website!😁.
Wishing you all a happy Wednesday, especially those having a tough time.

Ashcombe Wed 10-Mar-21 06:57:14

I love the idea of the ewes being prima donnas, sheepandcattle and your hope for good reviews from them! Priceless!
I’m sure your chance to rest has proved restorative.

Scentia Wed 10-Mar-21 07:00:49

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire where it is wet and windy.
Off to meet DSis today with DGS. I have my waterproofs as it is going to be wet. DGS loves the rain and has always refused a hood and apron on his buggy, now he loves to run in the rain and splash in the puddles. A guy after my own heart I may add. I remember when my children were little we were playing in the garden in just our pants whilst we had torrential rain, DH came home and wondered what on earth was wrong with me😂😂 I have always been crazy and getting crazier!!
Hope you all find a flamingo today❤️🦩

GrannyGravy13 Wed 10-Mar-21 07:09:05

Morning Mick and all

It’s wet and windy here in S E Essex. The 6yr old slept here last night so it’s a cooked breakfast before the school run (next door but one). More excitement to follow as my car goes in for a service, DH will follow me and then we will go to the big Sainsbury’s (first time in over six months)

Poor Iris what a lot for the little one to go through. Gagagran hoping for more improvement for your DH today.

Keep safe and well folks 🙋‍♀️

brook2704 Wed 10-Mar-21 07:12:48

Good morning everyone from Inverness, it’s a clear bright start to the day but some rain forecast for later. Nothing different planned, maybe a walk this morning if it’s dry for long enough.
How lovely to have a mother daughter chat with you DD dwm I’m sure she appreciates it, and you too. I’m feeling I’m loosing touch a bit with my eldest DD who I’ve not seen since August. She’s not much of a fan of video calls, but we do keep in contact most days by message. It’s not the same though as face to face.
Sheep almost done now -phew! Congratulations to all the new mums
I too love the flamingos theme on this thread! 🦩🦩🦩
Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care whatever the day brings 💐

kittylester Wed 10-Mar-21 07:13:06

Good morning all from a very wet and windy North Leicestershire.

Another Carer's Zoom session this morning and out cleaner will be here. Dh has already gone to do one of his drives.

This afternoon we have a man coming to look at putting something in place to prop up the fence between us and the empty house next door. The fence belongs to them and is covered in ivy which the birds love so we would like to keep it going.

cornergran Wed 10-Mar-21 07:18:05

Morning Mick, morning All. Wild out there, our corner of Somerset is very wet and windy. Usual Wednesday dust removal and grocery delivery. Feel for the driver having to carry it in this weather. Call due from a nurse about next Tuesdays procedure. Enough now, the medical stuff is getting tedious.

Hope Wednesday is gentle with us all, take care.

NanKate Wed 10-Mar-21 07:24:30

Good morning Mick and All.

We are in for a really horrid wet day here in South Bucks.

Dependent on how wet it is I think I will don my waterproof trousers and go for my usual walk.

What a stressful time for Iris and the family grandMattie but I am sure in a year or two you will all think it was worth the pain and stress 💐

I will be watching the tennis today. Roger Federer returns after a year off. I think he is 40 now, some age for a tennis player.

Sar53 Wed 10-Mar-21 07:29:21

Good morning everyone from a damp, grey Essex by the sea. The weather is not looking good for the next couple of days.
I needed new varifocals yesterday after my eye test as my prescription had changed. I will be collecting them next week.
Lovely to hear about your lambs Sheep, so glad you managed to get some sleep at long last.
Spoke to DD1 yesterday and all three girls are back to school. She was looking forward to giving the house a good sort out now she is not providing endless meals and snacks and home schooling.
Housework and washing today, my cup runneth over with excitement.
Take care all and have a good day xx

Beechnut Wed 10-Mar-21 07:32:33

Good Morning everyone from Severnside. I will be looking for some flamboyance today as it is grey and wet.

My first job is to read instructions and put my pressure washer together. Some admin to do and then pottering.

Now I go back and read all everyone’s news I’ll just say what a mixed bunch of lovely photos yesterday.

Take care all 🌻

Pittcity Wed 10-Mar-21 07:36:39

Good morning from rainy Colchester.

Washing machine and dishwasher on for the last time before they are cleaned and dried out for moving. DH is trying to be helpful but he has already packed all the glasses, so all our drinks are from mugs, and he's used the cleared and cleaned bathroom complaining that there's no soap and towel!! We are very different when it comes to planning. I have a timetable, he does whatever comes into his head or is in his eyeline at the time.

More packing today and I'll send DH out on errands. Chilli found in freezer for tea tonight with jacket potatoes.

Much love x

Grandmafrench Wed 10-Mar-21 07:50:52

Good morning everyone!
Here in France it’s very sunny and blue and I’m en route for the shower before off to the Vet. Smallest dog has a blood test and we’ll find out if his Thyroid meds need a tweak. He’s losing his fur again!

Should be able to do some things in the garden and have been told that Lidl are selling Agapanthus plants very cheaply so I shall call in, hoping they’ll have some left.

So pleased to hear that Germany is going to roll out the vaccine via surgeries! Hallelujah! My Canadian friend, patiently waiting to travel to his house here said that of the 110million doses ordered and paid for by the Canadian Govt months ago, only 2 million delivered so far. Whaaat? He’s in a vulnerable group and says it’s likely to be June before his 1st jab. 😢

Wishing everyone a good day. You did the right thing, sheep - you might be a control freak but you don’t want to risk a dodgy control panel. Continue to improve, Mr Gaga, keep heading towards matching knees, little Iris.

I’m going to take a moment to discuss some Spanish 🦩💃with my local French ones.....bet there’s no difference until they dance!

Have a good day, stay safe, stay dry, stay well.
Hugs 😻🙋‍♀️🌹

ginny Wed 10-Mar-21 07:56:09

Good Morning all. It doesn’t look nice outside so I shall have a cosy pottering day indoors.

DH is taking his Mum to have a cataract op and will be staying overnight with her so just my self to please.

Hope you all find a 😁 today.

baubles Wed 10-Mar-21 08:15:57

Good morning Mick, glad you got your bus pass sorted, it’s frustrating when online forms don’t work. Morning all from South Lanarkshire, it’s a bit brighter now after the torrential rain yesterday evening when it looked like we were going to need an Ark to escape.

Loving the image of the sheep mobbing you on your return to the shed s&g grin

Iris is a little ⭐️ Mattie, I hope she realises how brave she is.

My little pooch is going into doggy day care for a few hours this afternoon. She’s a lockdown pup and has never been away from us so this is a trial run for her. Fingers crossed she isn’t distressed.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.

NannyJan53 Wed 10-Mar-21 08:21:17

Good morning from a drizzly Black Country.

Planning to meet a friend for a walk to the Park today, but weather looking increasingly very wet and windy.

Good to hear your DH is improving Gaga, hoping that will continue.

Wishing you all a good day.

Jaxjacky Wed 10-Mar-21 08:24:36

Good morning Mick and all, it’s racing and a touch windy here in S Hants, forecast for worse later.
A well deserved rest sheep I’ve always loved Sean the Sheep and I have that in my head when you chat about your broods, makes me smile. Bravo Iris hoping these months with the metalwork prove 100% successful. And Gaga promising signs 🤞dwmxwg I miss my DD, she, with the two DG’s live a short drive away, but it makes no odds at the moment, I’m just hoping the road map can stay as is.
No plans today, a walk with my spotty raincoat later, DH not working today so maybe watch a film together. This lily was delivered from my son for my birthday last week in bud, now in flower, taking over from the cut flowers which are now finished. Have a gentle day all.

Grandmabatty Wed 10-Mar-21 08:25:05

Good morning all. It was wild in Polmont last night but at the moment it's calm and a bit damp. 3° so on the cool side.
I have a quiet day ahead after two days babysitting. We walked to the main Street where they are currently digging up the road - dgs loves lorries and diggers- and bumped into his other gran, great gran and grandad so dgs was a happy bunny. Lorries and family.
Today I will clean the living room and kitchen windows as they have toddler fingerprints all over them. That, and a bit of housework. Then a WhatsApp chat with friends which is our usual Wednesday afternoon. Lemon sole for tea. And that will be the day done. Have a good day all.

Jaxjacky Wed 10-Mar-21 08:25:14

Not racing, raining! 🙂