Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(87 Posts)
12Michael Wed 10-Mar-21 06:13:33

Good Morning Everyone,
Just daylight but its wet and windy out there in Brackley .
Today, later a shop followed by cycling on TV will watch the Italian Tirreno -Adriatic race as its got a good load of riders in it.
Sorted out my bus pass renewal yesterday after several attempts online , in the end phone up on a freephone number to sort .
Person explained I was not only person trying to renew online and failing as the form was not allowing you to finish it, so phone conversation with essential info sorted.
Take Care,
Mick

Susan56 Wed 10-Mar-21 08:27:52

Good morning from rainy Shropshire☔️

A lazy day today hopefully after yesterday’s long day of childcare.

Scentia, my mother was staying for a few days years ago and I let my girls go out in the rain in their swimming costumes and they washed their hair in the rain.They were howling with laughter while my mother just sat shaking her head in disbelief?

Sending Iris??and?.

Hoping Cherry and Mary have both had a restful night and are feeling better.Glad your DH continues to improve gaga??

Thinking of Lins, dragonfly and all our absent friends.Also all with sadness and worries.?

Gingster Wed 10-Mar-21 08:30:01

Good morning all from a grey Essex. No wind ...... yet!
Yesterday was glorious, sun all day.

DH found his mojo and replaced a fence panel. First job he’s done in ages. Hopefully he’s on the up. ?

I drove to our local town to get some birthday cards. On the way back, couldn’t believe my ?. A flamboyance of plastic flamingoes peeping over the fence. Is it a sign of something!!!
My children used to sing a song...
Flamingoes are so pretty,
Graceful, tall and pink,
They bend their graceful necks down,
To have a nice cool drink. ?

I arranged a Zoom bridge match with three friends yesterday afternoon. I knew it would be a disaster daaaarling! We got into such a muddle trying to get us all on together . Mobile phones were red hot, but we had such a laugh! At one point Sue was replaced by Petunia. (Who the heck was Petunia) ??

Keep cosy today as it’s going to be Wild out there. ???☔️

harrigran Wed 10-Mar-21 08:37:32

Good morning from a damp NE.
It was very windy overnight.
Sainsbury delivery this morning, only thing we really are running low on is garlic, which is a first.
My younger sister had her vaccination yesterday at the Nightingale hospital and could not praise them highly enough.
My sister, in Germany, had to queue for an hour outside of an exhibition centre thankfully it was nsot raining.
We do seem to be getting it right in the UK.
Kind thoughts to those with worries.

Alygran Wed 10-Mar-21 08:37:51

Good morning from North Yorkshire. Wet and windy today. Not good news for my walk! I’ll have to find my waterproof trousers.
DD1 has just sent photos of DGS all ready for school. He is so excited to see his friends. I’ll catch up with him on FaceTime later.
Have a good day everyone. Stay safe.

CherryCezzy Wed 10-Mar-21 08:43:36

Good morning everyone. It's pouring down here in the Gower.

Fun fun fun this morning so far, not. I've had to report a domestic going on next door ?. The police arrived but couldn't get any answer. It's still going on. It's driving me berserk. I didn't know what to do for the best, didn't want to ring the police but it's happening all too often. They've come back and are hammering on their door to no avail ?. It's not helping my mental or physical health, more seizures caused by all this. I didn't know if I was going to tell any of you and this but it's affected me so much and is at the heart of my all too frequent absence.
I need some flamingos.

I'll have to take a leaf out of your book Scentia and on the advice of Winnie the Pooh go and play in the puddles ?

grandMattie, Iris has already gone through so much and has far to go. I saw the cage she has to wear. That little girl is a ? ?

It's good to hear that your DH is improving , albeit slowly Gagagran ?

Hope it goes well everyone who has Dr's or hospital appointments today, including for those taking their poorly pets to the vet's.

Take care and stay safe everyone ❤️

Kalu Wed 10-Mar-21 08:47:35

Good morning all from a much calmer Glasgow after a very stormy night.

Good news for you Hiraeth. It’s three weeks now since we had our first vaccine and it does help to feel that bit safer.

Hoping it stays calm which will allow me to finish of some spray painting, other than that, washing is on and I will hang it on the pulley just in case the usual happens just when I have finished hanging it out, it starts to rain!

Hoping everyone finds something to lift their spirit today.

Kalu Wed 10-Mar-21 08:57:56

What a nightmare for you Cherry. I am so angry on your behalf that obnoxious people like these neighbours are affecting your health so badly. I hope a warning from the police about their anti social behaviour is something they take seriously. If not, I would contact my MP. No one should have to live like this in their own home.

grandmajet Wed 10-Mar-21 09:02:55

Good morning from a rather wet Nottinghamshire. We haven’t any wind yet but I believe it’s on it’s way.
I’m still lazing in bed with a cup of tea while Grandpajet is downstairs waiting for our weekly Tesco delivery. Fingers crossed we don’t get any strange substitutions this week - last week instead of butter we got Tesco baking block, a solid looking margarine! Yuk.
I spread some smelly stuff on our lawn yesterday afternoon following its scarifying so I’m actually glad it’s been rained in, saves me getting the hose out. We’ll now wait for the beautiful lawn to emerge! Or not.
I love the image of your girls washing their hair in the rain, Susan! I remember dancing in the rain with my little children during a very hot summer years ago, we were so pleased to see it. Sigh! at the memory of those days.
I’d better stop rambling on and get on with my day - although it is nice and warm in here...........

Gingster Wed 10-Mar-21 09:06:34

Poor you Cherrycezzy. What a nuisance some neighbours are. They can ruin your life! Are the police still there? They must be able to do something. It’s breach if the peace isn’t it?
Try to stay calm and deep breaths! ?♥️

CherryCezzy Wed 10-Mar-21 09:06:46

Kalu, thank you for caring. It's certainly a problem. I've gone all round the houses with this, social services, mental health services, you name it. I worry about her 8 year old twin girls, Mummy isn't well, she's dissociative ☹️

BlueSapphire Wed 10-Mar-21 09:11:49

Good morning everyone from a dull and damp Northampton. I need flamingos to brighten the day! When we lived in Cyprus they would migrate to the salt lakes in winter; we had to drive past them a couple of times a week and DS (then 2) would say "Look, mummy, flingaloes!"

Nothing planned for today. Yesterday I cut the front grass, and then tidied and cut back several overgrown shrubs. Nearly filled the second garden waste bin. Shall have to slow down as collection day is a week away.

Hope everyone finds a bright spot in their day.

Gingster Wed 10-Mar-21 09:12:36

My DD had terrible neighbours once and we’ve had annoying ones. It isn’t fair. !

We all care on this thread CC . Hope it gets sorted for you. ??

Anniebach Wed 10-Mar-21 09:12:50

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Urmstongran Wed 10-Mar-21 09:18:42

Good morning everyone from a wet but not windy south Manchester. I slept the sleep of the just last night. In one bit of my dreaming I had the most beautiful horse. I wanted to tie him up somewhere in the street but didn’t know where to. It was a dilemma. Very strange!

We are off to M&S today! A real treat - a trip out ha! Picking my stepfather up on the way too so he shares the joy. I’m 3 weeks post jab and feeling more confident.

Wednesday = my weekly weigh in day (after the weekend treat of wine on Sundays and before I sit down at my stepfather’s to enjoy a couple of whiskies and cokes - I’m no daft!). I’m joyous to share the news that 20 days into my calorie counting diet I’ve lost 5lbs. I seem to have lost my sweet tooth finally too and I’m not going looking for it!

Today is the start of my determination to ‘only’ spend an hour on GN in a morning and an hour in the evening. My addiction is getting ridiculous! Lockdown hasn’t helped for sure.

Right - a second mug of tea has just been passed to me so I’m going to settle down to read the 34 posts that were above mine when I started. I hope Wednesday is good to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

Kalu Wed 10-Mar-21 09:19:43

I feel sorry for the poor woman Cherry and her twins too but your own health is equally important. So frustrating for you that the authorities don’t appear to be monitoring the situation as it is clear, social services need to be more involved.
I hope someone takes action to deal with the situation. ??

Nannytopsy Wed 10-Mar-21 09:19:53

Good morning Mick and all his followers. I hope you enjoy your cycling. We are slowly becoming nocturnal - later and later coming to bed, then a lie in every morning! A wet and windy day doesn’t encourage me to get going ...
Ironing today, then finish DGD’s knitted blanket - at last! Also, the new photograph albums to complete. I want them finished for the first meet up with the
family.
I hope the neighbours have been sorted, at least for today Cherry.
Let the day be kind to us all.

Oldbutstilluseful Wed 10-Mar-21 09:21:58

I’m truly sorry you are having to deal with neighbour problems CC. You certainly have enough to cope with without them making your life a misery.

I completely understand how much this can impact every aspect of your life. I suffered for several years but was very lucky. They were tenants and defaulted on their rent, thank goodness. And yes, I had contacted the owner and management company without success, until the money stopped rolling in.

?for you dear lady.

Greyduster Wed 10-Mar-21 09:22:40

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from a windy, wet South Yorkshire. The wind kept me awake last night, and it’s still blowing hard, so we won’t be going far today. It’s going to be a cleaning day, I think. There is some work being done on a driveway a few doors up and it’s all very noisy, but at least the rain will keep the dust from the slab cutting down. These things must be borne.
Sheep glad to hear you gave in and got some sleep; always have a smile at your stories from the shed!
Have the best day you can folks.

Auntieflo Wed 10-Mar-21 09:31:51

Good morning Mick, Annie and all, from a dull and drizzly bit of Berks.
My goodness, what happened to Tuesday? I have just got round to reading all the posts, and what a lot of bizziness going on. So I will try and properly read today's posts, in a bit.
I had a disturbed night, with bad dreams, and I haven't had those for a long time. Mind you I think it may be to do with the proposed treatment that will be coming my way soon. It has made me feel really down, and I don't like it.
The lamp that I had ordered, ages ago, finally arrived on Monday afternoon, but of course we didn't have a bulb with the correct fitting. So in a swift-ish dash to town, we bought two! Or at least I thought we had. When we got home and unpacked, I discovered that I (it's my fault) had picked up one with the wrong wattage. I wonder if the shop will swop it?
My friend appeared with a couple of books, some cake and bunches of daffodils, in the bud. They have now opened and are so pretty. You can see I am a graduate of the Flowers, Vase, Plonk, school of flower arranging. Lisagran, help!
DH has arranged for someone to come and fix the scratch on the car. It isn't a big one, he couldn't find it yesterday, but as the car is still new, we didn't want it to get worse.
I have also arranged for a lady to come and see what needs doing in the garden, weeding wise. She sounds lovely, and will come on Friday.
It sounds as though Marydoll, has been overdoing things again. Please don't. We need you here.
EV, big bouquets of ? for you and your family
To Iris a flamingo medal for bravery.
Hoping Gagagran DH is slowly feeling better.
To all those I have missed, I hope you soon feel that better things are around the corner.
Sending a bi to Gillybob
Have a good day one and all.

Grandmajean Wed 10-Mar-21 09:35:29

Good morning from Cheshire. Never post very early as like to type on my desktop computer so wait until chores ( such as they are ) are done and I am organised. Have only read page one so far but love the story of the entitled sheep ! Beautiful lily Jaxjacky.
Pouring with rain here so no sun to show up any dust ! Every cloud hides the missed dust as the saying goes !
DGD ( age 19) moving into her own little flat ( rented ) soon and I have offered to buy a microwave for a gift. Haven't a clue how much they cost so better get online and check then I'll give her enough cash to choose her own.
Have a good day all.

Grandmajean Wed 10-Mar-21 09:36:36

Gorgeous daffs too, Auntie Flo.

Lisagran Wed 10-Mar-21 09:47:11

Flowers, Vase, Plonk grin - love it! Be a good name for a florist! They look lovely, Auntieflo

EllanVannin Wed 10-Mar-21 09:47:59

Good Morning All x.
Quite a damp start to the day. It looks as though it's been raining for a while. High winds are forecast for the early hours of tomorrow, never like those, being so open here.

I think the planned trip to M&S tomorrow will be cancelled as there's no point in venturing out when the weather's bad if there's no real need. I'll wait and see.

It's well to see that the clocks will be going forward soon as my body seems to realise this both at night then in the morning. It's the same every year at this time of the year----most peculiar, my body clock jumps forward with it naturally adjusting with the time difference.

In between doing my paperwork yesterday I gave myself a breather and had an hours chin-wag in the garden with the neighbour while she exercised the little dog. We were discussing getting veggies growing in tubs as soon as the weather picks up, to give us an interest as well as the end product. Looking forward to that.

Good to hear that you managed to have a decent rest from the midwifery demands Sheepandcattle . Quite the divas, those ewes---fetch me carry me grin. Still, if you can get a couple more of those long sleeps they'll do wonders for your well-being.

Thinking of little Iris and her "adjustments" as she grows, she's so brave Grandmattie. It's so kind of you to let us into her life, she's doing so well.

Glad to hear that your DH is on the mend Gagagran, slowly but surely does it, he'll get there. Thank goodness the tube's gone, that's a start.

Just remembered to get some chicken slices out of the freezer for chicken Korma and rice today, a nice and easy meal to do. I enjoy it too grin

Hope Auntieflo's okay and is managing to eat a bit of what she fancies to encourage the appetite.

Also thoughts to anyone who's ill or anxious including our absent friends. Things will get better.

Have a good day everyone, take care and stay safe. xx

Nannagarra Wed 10-Mar-21 09:52:45

Good morning from soggy Sefton where it is tippling down.

Thank you for another delightful account of the maternity ward, sheep. I do enjoy learning about your ladies and their lambs. I must check for lambs in the fields here. On the coast, roaming freely in a huge sectioned area of the dunes, we have cows which the farmer has fitted with trackers. Her intention is that people can and will easily locate them. The result is the cows are very confident and friendly - they love to be hand fed carrots.

The news of Mrgaga’s steady improvement is encouraging and I’m glad to learn about the roll out of vaccines in Germany. Iris is one very brave and commendable young lady. I am totally in awe of her.

Sending a flamboyance of flamingoes to those with worries and troubles. Have the best day you can everyone.
???????????????????????

Mapleleaf Wed 10-Mar-21 09:54:30

Good morning from a wet and windy South Yorkshire.
Nothing exciting on the agenda again today, just the usual household chores followed by a bit of reading.

Lovely daffodils, Auntieflo. I think the ones with the orange trumpets are especially pretty.

Good news about the vaccine rollout starting to get going in Germany, Hiraeth.

Take care out there, everyone.