Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(87 Posts)
12Michael Wed 10-Mar-21 06:13:33

Good Morning Everyone,
Just daylight but its wet and windy out there in Brackley .
Today, later a shop followed by cycling on TV will watch the Italian Tirreno -Adriatic race as its got a good load of riders in it.
Sorted out my bus pass renewal yesterday after several attempts online , in the end phone up on a freephone number to sort .
Person explained I was not only person trying to renew online and failing as the form was not allowing you to finish it, so phone conversation with essential info sorted.
Take Care,
Mick

Gwenisgreat1 Wed 10-Mar-21 09:59:39

Good Morning all from wet and windy Harrogate - no wasging out today!!
Cherrycezzy. I really sympathise with you. When I was small we lived in a semi in Chester, the couple in the adjoining bedroom to the one my sister and I shared where always yelling and shouting at one another. I still get worried when people shout at each other, 70 + years later! We moved away when I was 5 so don't know the end of the story!
Good News!! The vet doesn't need to see the dog any more - she's certainly more perky, barking at everyone.

Probably a bit of baking later after which nothing planned so will be busy doing nothing - apart from a zoom meeting this evening with the church to discuss it's future after our minister retired!!

Have as good a day as possible, tomorrow is another day!!

CherryCezzy Wed 10-Mar-21 10:01:20

I know people on this thread care Gingster. That's one of the special things about Mick's thread ?. Thank you for caring too, and you Nannytopsy and you Oldbutstilluseful ???. In fact, for all the caring goodmorningers ?.

Auntieflo, this specific bunch are for you flowers.

CherryCezzy Wed 10-Mar-21 10:07:02

Thank you Gwenisgreat ? it's good to hear that your dog doesn't need the vet anymore ?

Nannagarra Wed 10-Mar-21 10:09:41

Sending big hugs to Auntieflo and Cherry.???

hollysteers Wed 10-Mar-21 10:20:41

Good morning Mick and all from a wet northwest Lancashire coast. Bubbled son here which is lovely after weeks alone and last night cooked braised beef. Practically forgotten how to cook a largish meal as dont faff about for one and feel I have practically been a professional cook after years of it, day in day out. So nice to have smells permeating through the house again with garlic, herbs etc. We battled each other through university challenge and he handed me a Xmas present from my granddaughter ?grapefruit soap, glue for my card making and a mascara primer. He’s keeping our family tradition going as my mother would reach behind the sofa for a Xmas present in August...
Also a jolly face time with my sister and nephew in the south.
Not going out today, will carry on card making and avoiding the housework.
Thinking of anyone troubled.

Blossoming Wed 10-Mar-21 10:21:05

Good morning all from a very wet grey Lancashire. It’s been raining steadily all morning. I don’t think I’ll be able to have a walk out today, but I’m suffering with a very sore neck and shoulder this morning so probably a good idea to stay in. Anyway, I’m up, showered, dressed, stretched and glowing rosily ? Yoga on the agenda for this afternoon.

Sending best wishes to all Grans.

EllanVannin Wed 10-Mar-21 10:21:33

Aw,CherryCezzy I really feel for you with all that goes on next to you and no, it won't do your health any good at all. Don't let the situation stop you from posting as it will help you get it off your chest. x

Oopsadaisy1 Wed 10-Mar-21 10:22:58

Morning everyone from a wet and windyOxfordshire, not had time to read all of the posts, but will pop back in later.
DH was given 2 flamingos for his 50th I think that they are still under the lilac tree somewhere, I pull them out and wash them off each spring......they are still pink after 20 yrs!
Still doing my Nursing bit for DD who came out of hospital last Thursday, I feel for how poorly poor iris must be , my DD has been in enormous pain and due to a mix up at the hospital( im being polite here) the pain control left a lot to be desired, so she discharged herself, said she would rather be in agony at home, than left all day on her own in tears, anyway, all sorted and she is on the mend.
Have a good day everyone and I k of some have real problems so a special virtual hug for all those who need it ?
PS, not real flamingoes.........

EllanVannin Wed 10-Mar-21 10:23:24

What beautiful daffs with their orange petticoats Auntieflo x

hulahoop Wed 10-Mar-21 10:27:17

That's awful CC hope things get sorted .when they were little my DD and friend liked to sit in paddling pool in the rain when we had a summer shower. Sending hugs to all those not feeling 100%.

Urmstongran Wed 10-Mar-21 10:29:16

Cherry I would be so churned up worrying what was unfolding next door. It’s not the noise that would bother me to the violence especially with little girls in the toxic mix. Hopefully they are in school now, poor frightened mites. This isn’t good for your own well being either. I do hope this dreadful situation gets resolved properly for all concerned.

? for you today Auntieflo with your anxiety concerning your treatment. I’m in awe at your fortitude to be honest. You are one amazing woman.

Thoughts then led me to dragonfly. If you are reading dear lady I’m sending you a hug in these difficult times. And of course our gillybob - much loved on here who hasn’t returned.
?

You sound more upbeat today EV - another strong woman I admire very much.

And no news yet from our marydoll. Life is so difficult for you just lately with your frightening angina after any exertion. You take care of yourself you are very precious on here.

Had to laugh Jaxjacky when you said ‘racing’. It made me think of my ?
?

EllanVannin Wed 10-Mar-21 10:29:51

Oh,*Jaxjacky*, those beautiful lilies, I can smell them from here, they're gorgeous.

muse Wed 10-Mar-21 10:35:45

Grandmafrench. Hope your little dog is OK at the vets.

Dwmxwg What a busy day. You're so lucky to be close to your family. They must fill your days with joy.

Sheep. I can just picture all the lambs frisking around you smile.

Very wet Wednesday here in Cornwall. Hoping for a break in the rain this afternoon so Mya and myself can get a good stomp in. A little wind but more expected tonight. Hoping for a text from my son tonight on how today went. He's having a terrible time at work not helped by a car accident. Very worrying call from him last night. He's ringing again on Thursday after seeing the company he works for.

Hope everyone's seeds are germinating, injuries are mending, operations succeeding, walks are invigorating and books are exciting.

EllanVannin Wed 10-Mar-21 10:44:27

Urmston, yes, I've got over the initial shock from what I heard straight from the horse's mouth yesterday and took out the angst later on the pen as I wrote notes while it was still fresh in my mind to transfer into meaty letter.

It beggared belief that one particular social worker was shouting at my GD as a fishwife would do shock Needless to say my GD refused to see her again so the woman was taken off her case. These are professional people ?!

GrannyOwl5 Wed 10-Mar-21 10:47:12

Good morning everyone from a wet and windy north Kent. The hatches have been battened down in preparation for the high winds and torrential rain forecast for this afternoon. Think I will scuttle out and pick some of the daffodils before they get walloped!

The big plane tree in the street outside our house is still the monster it was yesterday. It was supposed to be cut back by the council tree surgeons yesterday, but there was no sight nor sound of them so not a twig has been removed. Don’t suppose they will be here today with the bad weather forecast.

Will spend the morning in the greenhouse sewing some seeds. I always sew too many and have to hawk the plants around to family and friends, but tending to all the little plants keeps me busy and out of mischief.

Sorry to read about your trials and tribulations with your neighbour Cherry. Perhaps this time the police intervention will improve the situation. ?

? for Iris hope that school is going well and she is managing with the frame.

Love the flamingo theme as well; they are such fascinating and colourful birds. There are some great clips of them dancing on YouTube!

Hope everyone has a good day. Stay safe ??

CherryCezzy Wed 10-Mar-21 10:55:02

Urmstongran, snap, that's my biggest concern too! They're not in school yet but probably will be come Monday.
Thank you for caring too and you Nannagarra, Ellan and hulahoop ????

I hope Marydoll is okay.

LauraNorder Wed 10-Mar-21 10:55:52

Good morning from wet and cold Anglesey.
Love the sheep news and the little stories from those of you who literally found a random pink flamingo.
Cherry, Auntyflo, Gagagran, EV and all with problems and worries, hope you find your random ?
GrandMattie, special thoughts to Iris, who is an inspiration to us all.

CherryCezzy Wed 10-Mar-21 11:00:42

Thank you GrannyOwl and LauraNorder??. I hope I find that random flamingo too ☺️

Urmstongran Wed 10-Mar-21 11:12:20

Ooh, I’ve just remembered that a throw we bought at the beach last summer in Malaga is black with bright pink & red FLAMINGOES on it! How brilliant is that to join in with? I will spread it out under a palm tree to show you all next time we’re over there .... bout August by my reckoning!
?

Taichinan Wed 10-Mar-21 11:13:15

Good morning from a sunny (but that's not going to last!!) Angus coast. Attached - I hope - is a photo taken a few minutes ago of my first little daffodil in bloom. There are hundreds to come but this bulb is the harbinger of spring and is always first.
I didn't read yesterday's thread til late last night. Poor little Iris. I know it will be worth it in the end, but so terribly sad that she has all this to go through. I think she deserves a ? to go with her ?flamboyance.
Sheep I was totally exhausted on your behalf reading the Tales of the Lambing Shed. I really don't know how you manage it all. Loved the photos. I remember at the age of five or six I fed a bottle to a baby lamb, and how hard it sucked at that bottle. Lambs are soooo cute and cuddlesome.
So sorry to hear what you're going through with your neighbours Cherry and how it's affecting your health. You did the right thing calling the police. The silence must be more worrying than the fighting.
So many of us and our loved ones seem to be suffering just now. This long winter lockdown doesn't help so let's hope that a slow emergence will save us from another one.
Having said that, Wee Nic has speeded ours up a little and from Friday we can have garden meet ups of two family groups and we are allowed to let our visitors use our toilets! So DD and two DGDs plus copious warm clothes and travelling rugs are coming to spend Mother's Day in my garden, which is such a wonderful thing to look forward to and I'm wearing the broadest grin imaginable! (I did offer to meet up in Perth, but it appears the attraction of my 'littlest room' is irresistible ?)
On a somber note, today, tragically, is the funeral of one of DGD3's schoolfriends. He died very suddenly three weeks ago and it is surmised that it was drug related. Even in a beautiful quiet Highland town that monster raises its head and it is such a terrible waste.
The euphoria and sense of freedom I felt getting into my car yesterday and travelling to 'the big city' took me by surprise! However the news at the hospital was not the best as it would appear that I will lose the sight in my right eye due to the long delay caused by the period when no operations etc were carried out due to Covid. The good news is that the sight in my other eye is perfect. There are worse things.
So off I go now to get on with the joys of today. I shall read all your posts later - it's lovely to have that to look forward to.
I hope all who are ill or suffering pain have a better day today and that we all can muster the strength to see this beastly time through to the end. Pink flamingos and butterflies and armsful of spring flowers! ????

LauraNorder Wed 10-Mar-21 11:14:13

Gosh Urms, I’ll bet August can’t come soon enough.

LauraNorder Wed 10-Mar-21 11:17:36

Taichinan ? flowers

Annaram1 Wed 10-Mar-21 11:21:36

Hello everybody. Its already 11 am and wet and wild in Sidmouth this morning. I don't think I will be going for my usual little afternoon stroll today. My waterproof coat broke its zip yesterday when I sat down for a minute on a bench half way down the road. I must have put on a bit of weight! So I have to try to fix it.
Its sad to read of the many grans who are ill or having other troubles here. I do hope things improve for you all. I know we are all getting older and these things happen, but we all like to think we are invincible, don't we?
Are any of you Eastenders fans? I get increasingly annoyed that although it is set in London where there is a lot of covid, the characters never wear a mask or socially distance and the pubs are open and everyone just jets off to Spain or Ibiza at the drop of a hat. Don't the writers have any idea about the situation? It spoils my enjoyment of the only soap I have
ever watched.
Have a good day dears and try to enjoy it even if the weather is atrocious!

Reality Wed 10-Mar-21 11:22:12

Good Morning everyone! ☕
Fed up of thiz online dating, in tge pandemic people still want to be intimate & jump into bed.?

CherryCezzy Wed 10-Mar-21 11:33:00

Thank you Taichinan. Awful to hear about your DGD3's school friend, that scourge gets everywhere ?. So sorry to hear that the long delay in your treatment has such an unpleasant consequence for you flowers.
On a brighter note I'm pleased hat you'll be able to see your family in your own garden on Mother's day ?