Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(86 Posts)
12Michael Sat 13-Mar-21 06:13:11

Good Morning Everyone,
Its daylight here in Brackley this morning , but its dry and looks cold out.
I had my heart monitor fitted yesterday at Horton Hospital Banbury bussed both ways , but once fitted walked the distance back to bus station from Hospital .
Having to keep a diary for 5 days ,see how I feel etc .
Take Care,
Mick

Gelisajams Sat 13-Mar-21 09:44:34

Good morning from a wet and windy Morecambe Bay. I’m feeling old this morning as DS1 is 47 today. How did that happen?
Good to see Dragonfly back. I wonder if our Gilly will return. I do hope she’s been ok through this last year. Is anyone actually in touch with her?
Yesterday we managed to spread 12 bags of soil conditioner so the garden looks pristine as all the remaining little weeds are now covered up and hopefully suffocated. I’m not sure what to do about my little patch in the churchyard. It’s under the tower, but there is some fallen masonry and it’s been half cordoned off for safety. If I garden the other half I fear the scaffolders will trample all of it when they come to do the repairs.
I’m not sure what today holds - more of the same no doubt!
On this day last year we were looking after DGD while her parents had a much needed holiday, and took her to the aquarium. We we just starting to be concerned about the virus and we’re worried that her parents wouldn’t be able to travel home and she would have to stay longer than we had planned. They got home days before lockdown. If we could have known how the next 12 months was going to unfold we would have really savoured those few days with her!
Take care, stay safe everyone ?

Grandmajean Sat 13-Mar-21 09:45:07

Good morning from a sunny ( at the moment ) Cheshire.
Have only read page one so far - will catch up with the rest later. Thinking of Pinchy and hoping for the best. Feisty is good.

Grandmafrench Sat 13-Mar-21 10:00:15

Good Morning from warm, sunny and totally blue skied South of France.

I’ve had a massive burst of sorting-out-the-winter-mess-itis ! So as a result, am all behind with loads of news on here.
I shall just say, be brave and don’t stress to those having /waiting for results and procedures. Your life will be transformed for the better, Scentia. Massive workload and the end of a job so well done, sheep, Happy New ? Home - you’re going to love it pittcity.Great news for new jobs, less family stress, husbands safely home, kids back at school, gardens tamed, friends reunited, welcome back, dragonfly.Keep going all......you’re getting there. Roll up your sleeve for those jabs and chin up, big smile. All in pain or grieving, baby steps and please be kind to yourselves. My love to you. x
TOYA ?????‍♀️

hollysteers Sat 13-Mar-21 10:02:10

Good morning Mick and all from a bright but blustery Lancashire northwest coast.
I hope your monitor isn’t too much of a nuisance Mick and all turns out well.
Out shopping yesterday but didn’t enjoy it, fumbling with mask, steaming up specs and avoiding people is rather miserable. However I bought some new jeans as my waist has thickened but got so hot and bothered (couldn’t try them on of course) that I went back to the car for a sit down and read an hilarious book by David Sedaris which made me laugh out loud before my next shopping round. I was also wearing far too many layers, so removed my big winter coat for an anorak.
When I came home with the food shopping etc I was so tired, unnaturally so I thought, so it was an early night for me.
Thinking of all with troubles of any description.

Taichinan Sat 13-Mar-21 10:03:15

Good morning Mick and all from a normal March day on the Angus coast. DD reports snow, sleet and hail where she is, 80 miles away, but none of that here - so far. My new fire bowl has arrived ready to keep us from freezing solid during her garden visit tomorrow with two DGDs.
Mick glad your trip to get the heart monitor went well yesterday. I hope you managed to sleep alright with it.
Good to hear the move went well Pittcity - now for the unpacking!
Enjoy your tennis today Bella - it will take your mind off everything for a little while at least.
Enjoy your visit to Brodie Castle, Brook. We lived in that area for eight years in the 70s-80s and have such fond memories.
I'm not surprised exhaustion caught up with you Sheep! Get as much sleep as your busy life will allow, and hopefully next year you will be able to have your help back during lambing. Little Pinchy looks a feisty wee thing, so I hope his legs straighten in time, bless him. Or her.
I'm off in a minute to make a big creamy pot of curried sweetcorn soup for tomorrow, and also curried rice salad to go with the sausages which we will sizzle over the fire bowl. Afterwards, once I've washed the extendable forks, we will use them to toast marshmallows. It is so lovely to have something to prepare for, and to have a purpose after so long just existing!
Thoughts to all going through hard times just now, and so glad Mrgaga is home at last. Take care everyone ????

CherryCezzy Sat 13-Mar-21 10:05:09

Good morning everyone. It's a lovely morning, even if it is windy, in the Gower after last night orchestra playing a cacophony rather than a soothing symphony.

I've felt wiped out for the last couple of days after my neighbour's disturbances but it has been quiet, because she's hardly spent any time at home ?. Feeling a lot better now so I hope things remain quiet!
From today Wales is back to stay local rather than stay home rules so we will be able to take advantage of more of the Gower coastline ?. Not this weekend though as I expect every man, woman, child and dog will.
Sensible day for me today, which means borrowing a bit of Urmstongran's #lazy(without the gran) ?

Lovely to see you back dragonfly and to know that things are improving for you ?
I'm pleased that your consultation provided you with good news ginny.
Mick, glad that your heart monitor fitting went well and I hope that the results from it help.
Bellasnana* ?
I hope everyone of you who have medical appointments, tests, swabs to do, are undergoing health treatments and have health worries of any kind find some peace this weekend and a ? along the way, ? to you all.

Be kind to yourselves everyone ❤️

oliversnana Sat 13-Mar-21 10:10:35

Good morning from a blustery and changeable north leicestershire.
Glad to see you back Dragonfly46 and that things are improving for you.
So off to mums this morning as more paperwork to sort and to start collecting the masses of craft items. She was an avid card maker and has so much card and paper stock we could open a shop. We are going to donate a lot to her ggc nurseries.
Hopefully a child free day today, I love looking after them but they are exhausting.
Is the Turkish take away from the village kittylester my DD raved about it a couple of weeks ago.
Hope everyone feeling sad and anxious have a relaxed and easier day.

Taichinan Sat 13-Mar-21 10:11:41

You're not old, Gelisajams, just 20 with added years of experience. My little lads are 53 and 52, so I know that for sure ?

EllanVannin Sat 13-Mar-21 10:11:47

Good Morning All x.
Been blowing a gale all night with rain belting at the bedroom window so I've been up and down like a fiddlers elbow. Gales are pretty unsettling for most I think. Still on the windy side but doesn't appear as bad as it was.
However I won't be going anywhere.

Changed the bedding first thing and I'll be showering later after the crumpets have been devoured.

Glad your monitor's been fitted Mick, so now they can get an idea what's been going on with you and give you the appropriate medication. So long as you get sorted, that's the main thing.

Scentia , a relief that something can be controlled with medication, though adjustments will follow to find the right one but a small price to pay to get back to normal.

Thinking of others awaiting results or having procedures. There'll be a steady flow of GP appointments once the virus has died down as many will have been reluctant during this time.

I bet your DH had a better night's sleep at home Gagagran Nothing like your own bed indeed, even after a holiday let alone the hospital.

A piece of beef to cook today for tomorrow's dinner so I'll make a quick orange sponge cake and throw it in the oven at the same time. I think I've got some icing sugar for a drizzle on top of it.

Sheepandcattle,Lovely pic of Pinchy and his wobbly pins, aww, beautiful face though. What a busy life, it really is non-stop and so easy to ignore your own health which you have to watch or you couldn't go on. Rest when you can or when the body tells you to stop.

Couldn't wait any longer for the crumpets, so must now get myself sorted out with a shower and get dressed before the day's gone. Letters to post later when/if the wind dies down and that'll be my day.

Have a good day everyone and take care when out if it's windy. Stay safe. xx

Urmstongran Sat 13-Mar-21 10:16:35

I’ll bet your finger hovers over that ‘send’ button quite a while EkwaNimity ‼️ even after you’ve TRIPLE checked the account number and sort code.
?

Blossoming Sat 13-Mar-21 10:25:39

Good morning all from a chilly rainy Lancashire. Not much planned for today. Hope everyone has a peaceful day. Will read your news while I enjoy my morning tea.

EllanVannin Sat 13-Mar-21 10:26:31

Lovely to see you Dragonfly.

CherryCezzy Sat 13-Mar-21 10:34:20

Oh my brain cell, meant to say that I'm pleased that your DH is home Gagagran ?.
It sounds like your house move went well Pittcity ?
For those with DAC whose birthday it is today remember this - they are your children so, by my reckoning, you're only as old as the day they became your children ?

LauraNorder Sat 13-Mar-21 11:00:38

Good morning Mick and all from dry and sunny Anglesey.
We stepped off the world for 24 hours yesterday to recharge batteries and find a sense of equilibrium. It did us both good and today I am back to counting my blessings, lots of pink flamingos in my life.
We are limiting ourselves to lunch time news only and concentrating our time on family, home, garden and the things that bring us joy.
I know that’s selfish but I was getting bogged down in all the angst about stuff that doesn’t concern me. Dysfunctional families in ivory towers, extreme political views and silly tv personalities shouldn’t become important enough to make us anxious.
So many of you are going through much more important things and that’s where my sympathy lies.
Sincerely wishing everyone going through tough times a better day today ???

LauraNorder Sat 13-Mar-21 11:03:06

I was wondering sheepandcattle, if it’s possible to somehow splint the legs of Pinchy while the bones are still soft?

Mapleleaf Sat 13-Mar-21 11:08:17

Just popping in to say a quick good morning to you all from a very blustery and chilly South Yorkshire.
Didn’t have the best nights sleep due to the wild weather and I’ve woken with a stiff shoulder that seems to be getting stiffer at the moment - must have clicked something with all the tossing and turning.

Nice to see you back, Dragonfly ?.

Welcome to all new posters.

I hope that today is a decent one for everyone and anyone with troubles, worries, health concerns, I hope you find some solace today. Take care.

Gwenisgreat1 Sat 13-Mar-21 11:11:52

Good Morning all from wild, windy, wet Harrogate - how's that for alliteration of W?.

sheep I love little pinchy he's gorgeous. You must be so tired, though.
Marydoll hope you've recovered from yesterday's trip, only you could have a day like that! If you've got bits of fabric you might be able to stick them on your fairy doors? I'm trying to convert a small box into Barbie's wardrobe. for GDs birthday. Don't want to buy more plastic than necessary.
Saw GS yesterday, he was in DDs car. he suddenly pointed excitedly to the window - 'Bow', he signed, 'rainbow'!
His speech is coming on, slowly!
Well, this is not helping me, I've baking to do.

Please take care everyone, have the best day you can.
Well, I've got more baking to do

amselerin Sat 13-Mar-21 11:13:18

Good morning all from - at the moment - sort of sunny Lueneburg. I have just returned from shopping. I am waiting for my gardener who is going to paint my kitchen cupboards. He phones me, when he is ready to be picked up. Unfortunately, sometimes he doesn`t make it and I have waited for nothing. I have got used to his ways now and have another gardener in the summer who does the garden.
I cleared all the borders by my little stream in the garden yesterday. I had my Wellingtons on and was doing the bank whilst standing in the water. Unfortunately, in some places the stream was rather deep and the water just poured into the wellies. I just kept on regardless : I started, so I finish ....
I was covered in mud everywhere, but the job is done. (little problem compared to sheepandcattle)
So, I am wishing all of you well. I like all the photos.
Take care and keep well.x

aggie Sat 13-Mar-21 11:17:31

Good Morning all, think I must be sick this morning ! I have put all the soup I made yesterday in th freezer , sorted the dry washing and put it away , the bread machine is churning the second loaf today , and brushed the floor . Now I have to wash up and tidy the kitchen
Just got an invite to Sunday lunch , in bubbles garden ?

dustyangel Sat 13-Mar-21 11:47:59

Good Morning from the south of Portugal,it’s a bright and sunny day but quite windy too. I can see next doors plum tree is more fully in blossom today. Grandmattie I sorted out a photo of the Flamingo and a Unicorn for Iris. She sounds such a brave little girl.

muse Sat 13-Mar-21 11:48:24

Good morning from Cornwall. Well, we've had wind, rain, hail and sun so far today.

Off for my walk soon then cleaning the slate floor in the new house. Workmen cleared up well yesterday after fitting the woodburner but it's still muddy outside so the mop will be busy. Put sheeting down but some moved!

Before all that a chat with daughter. Text from her says she is still lazying in bed. Pleased to read that.

Not read anyone's news but will be back early evening to do catch up.

dustyangel Sat 13-Mar-21 11:52:58

No good sorting out a photo if it doesn’t get posted.?

dustyangel Sat 13-Mar-21 11:55:35

Try again!

dustyangel Sat 13-Mar-21 12:03:44

Third time lucky?

dustyangel Sat 13-Mar-21 12:11:55

?